What trophies make you quit a game?

MarkGibbons

It all depends on how much I like the game, if I don't like a game but it has extremely hard trophies, I won't go out of my way for them and will ignore them. But if I like a game and it has extremely hard trophies, I'll give them good consideration. Time consuming I don't mind too much, just not anything crazy that asks for more than 150 hours or such or else I won't bother unless I really enjoy the game.

After seeing MAG servers shutting down this year, something which I predicted because of the special edition codes expiry date, I'm probably going to avoid getting myself into many multiplayer games. I had even imported JP, planning on stacking, but the server and game mode popularity is really unbalanced that some game modes are so hard to get into that I won't bother trying.

Seems that no one saw Lost planet 2 trophies... I don't remember if you have to do this for a trophy, or a title which is required for a trophy, but you have to clear a training map with a worldwide record of 500 or more... and of course, the leaderboard never resets -.-' easy to everyone that had the game in the very beginning, completely impossible now.

I pretty much hate multiplayer trophies

I hear ya, brother. I recently picked up goldeneye, hoping i could get easy trophies, instead, i go online to see barely anyone on it. Thats one platinum i'm not heading for

i hate it when you need to get online trophies and then they shut down the multiplayer for the game making it impossible to earn those trophies (EA does this quite a bit)

*Cough* Mercs 2 *Cough*

Fighting games for me, especially when they require us to complete X number of trials.

I'm just not that good with fighting games, but for some reason i still haven't given up on STxTK. I guess the games is just more noob friendly than the other ones.

The only hard part I see with SFxT are those missions the actual trials required for the trophy are actually really easy which reminds me I should get back to finishing that after a few other games.

As for the trophies making me quit a game, they don't really I guess for me as I treat the trophies as a gauge to 100% as well as similar to the old unlocks from ages past the worst a trophy might make me do is shelve a game for a while until the frustration subsides or when I remember it after all no point playing a game that is making you frustrated.

• Like 1

The only hard part I see with SFxT are those missions the actual trials required for the trophy are actually really easy which reminds me I should get back to finishing that after a few other games.

You are absolutely right. The trials are not that difficult when compared to some of its missions.

When i tried SSFIV i was amazed for not being able to do more than 13 trials for each character xD.

Seems that no one saw Lost planet 2 trophies... I don't remember if you have to do this for a trophy, or a title which is required for a trophy, but you have to clear a training map with a worldwide record of 500 or more... and of course, the leaderboard never resets -.-' easy to everyone that had the game in the very beginning, completely impossible now.

Any trophy that requires to get into leaderboards are absolutely stupid. Modnation's 5% Hot lap trophy practically prevented me from getting the platinum as you had to get into the top 5% of a time trial for a specific track for that day. It took me 2 weeks of doing that everyday..thank god Modnation resets the leaderboards.

Currently this one

NIER

24S92afe9.png

A Round by the Pond

You caught one of every type of fish.

I really have the hardest time to catch the rare types of fish... the meter depletes so slowly and i can only get half way of catching it...

The fact that i have to throw 25 times before it actually bites is another frustrating aspect.

I just had to quit playing yesterday because it annoyed me way too much. I'l try again today and i will get you!

• 3 weeks later...

1. Multiplayer grinds (10k kills?????? Are you serious???? )

2. Collectables in open world games without in-game map (gta pigeons? mafia posters? lanoire cars and reels? GTFO)

3. Grinds in general (drive for 10000km etc)

4. Game breaking bugs (Like Skyrim's and Fallout's rediculous frame rate after some hours of playtime)

5. Cheaters