What trophies make you quit a game?

MarkGibbons

Questions in the title really, I will give an example by answering this myself.

I don't do collectibles. Even though I am a hunter/whore for teh trophies, I do not do what isn't fun. I might hear something like, 'You did Megamind and Up!' but those games, I actually did enjoy.

I'm currently only missing one single trophy for the 'Spare Parts' platinum, and that's a game I wont be achieving the platinum on, as I refuse to waste my time doing something that isn't fun, like walking around a virtual world, collecting virtual objects, for a game I'm never going to play again, for a virtual trophy.

Wow...well that is a unique take. As for me online trophies that make you grind for say 10,000 kills really turn me off.

I pretty much hate multiplayer trophies

This deserves a like and a quote. Multiplayer trophies should be patched in after the other trophies to make them all optional. We've all played Team Deathmatch enough times that playing it in every game is just bleh.

• Like 4

Mafia 2's collectibles were.. um.. worth collecting though. The only difficult and annoying one was the rooftop apartment poster.

But yes... multiplayer trophies. Took me FOREVER AND A DAY to platinum Singularity just because you could find games after 10pm EST and you needed 100 rounds.

Mafia 2's collectibles were.. um.. worth collecting though. The only difficult and annoying one was the rooftop apartment poster.

But yes... multiplayer trophies. Took me FOREVER AND A DAY to platinum Singularity just because you could find games after 10pm EST and you needed 100 rounds.

i know what you mean ;),and i got it on my second try,it was pretty funny to get

I don't consider myself actually "quitting" any game. I play games for enjoyment and, for me, that now also includes striving for the :platinum: I have come to accept the fact that there are a few games I will not plat but, that doesn't keep me from earning more trophies in or playing those games. Great example would be Lost Planet 2 or Inversion. There's a ludicrous amount of play needed for Inversion and LP2 has some very disturbing requirements like #1 on the all-time leaderboard.

I do generally dislike online trophies through. I enjoy playing on my own timeline and don't enjoy the added stress of finding and/or scheduling time with other players. Some nights I want to play for 30 minutes and others i'm in for 4+ hours. It all depends on my mood or state of exhaustion.

multiplayer trophies, specially the "you become level 50!", why uncharted series are the only one who have it right with the multiplayer trophies?, but i still don't quit and continue going to the monkey fest, multiplayer

while the single player, i try to get all of them, even boring ones like the mafia 2 posters or dead rising off the record trophy of killing 100.000.

I think the topic should be "what trophies make you quit a platinum" since it seems no one's mentioning refusing to play a game over a trophy, just refusing to meet a requirement in game. I usually check out a trophy list before buying a game but I don't think this has ever stopped me from buying a game I was already hyped for.

I agree with everyone that multiplayer is the worst idea for a trophy and mainly a chore. That's why when I can I'll just boost those with a friend. At least then I get the fun of chatting with someone during the snooze fest and then I can enjoy multiplayer.

Collection ones are a double-edged sword. As tedious as some can be (inFamous), there is some fun in knowing that I collected them. It used to be completing the absurd scavenger hunt got you an alternate costume or a cool overpowered weapon or whatever. Now companies feel a quick silver trophy will suffice. Does have a lazy feel on the developer's side.

collectibles I hate them so many platinum's not completed because of those. I also have a huge hate for online anyone especially the older games that no-one play's anymore and it's more time consuming trying to find people of your timezone. I try to stay away from games with these sort of trophies but they always find me.

Trophies won't make me quit in the middle of a game. I'll peruse a trophy list before I purchase a game, however, and I have declined to purchase a game on account of what I see. Then again, I'm one of those anal-retentive types who feels the urge to platinum everything I play.... so I'll use a trophy list to filter out games based on doing things I won't enjoy very much -- I value my time and my money too much to sink them in that fashion.

The biggest turn-off for me is excessive multiplayer. Excepting White Knight Chronicles, I vastly prefer my gaming to be a solo experience.

I'm also less of a fan of difficulty-based trophies, although that's not quite an absolute for me. The more strategy to a title, the less I care. The more it takes button-mashing or other "skill" (e.g. Mass Effect), the less I like it. I like a challenge, but only to a certain degree.

Collectibles suck(except those like Riddler trophies in Batman(Puzzle like and in a openworld area))

I love Oddworld so much that I coudn't wait for Stranger's wrath HD to be released and of course I yayed when developers said it's got a platinum.

Finished the game on hard on first playthrough and got 70% of trophies.then I watched the collectible guides on Youtube.I started my second playthrough but I felt exhausted and told my self :Why the hell you should tease yourself and feel uncomfortable with your beloved game just for hearig a stupid dilling noise and some pointless points.

So I refused to continue.

Ha I love collectibles. That said, Spare Parts was awful. Some of the things were so obscurily hidden that I didn't have a choice but to go online to find out what the hell to do to get stuff. One of them was in stage one, where you have to play with two people; one guy stands at the end of a spaceship, or some big metal structure, while the other activates some...I forgot what. Then this part appears. How the hell you supposed to know that one guy stands on the edge of the ship? O_o I hate this game.

Plus the end is so full of glitches. I got all the trophies because otherwise it's ridiculously easy, but I hate how you HAVE to have another player for the end levels. And the end guy is a pain to fight, when you have to blow him out your spaceship. The game crashed like twice, all this weird stuff kept happening...never again.

I hate online trophies or ones that require multiplayer. I guess I live under a rock and haven't embrassed the aspect of online gaming, but I like playing my stuff alone. I don't want no damn human intervention in my games. Games like Super Street Fighter IV where you have to beat 5740258543754 million online matches in a row with no life bar can kiss it. lol obviously I'm exxagarating here. And games like Dead Island I love to no end, but I'm disapointed that it's built around co op. They put in a patch where all the zombies are always on your level, and I'm really having a rough time on my own. Can't seem to build any good weapons, either...a lot of that is my fault, I'm not good enough, but I gave up on that plat a long time ago (even before the patch) due to it having too many online trophies to be made.

I can stomach anything, and sometimes offline trophies are too hard, but online and multiplayer ones completely discourage me.

Collectable trophies like in Motorstorm apocalypse were evil (I had gotten every single trophy except that one for the longest time). I only got plat for that one because I looked up a guide for the last 15-20 cards.

But if its collectable trophies where you can unlock locations of them (like infamous 2 blast shard sense or SR3) then im fine with those.

The main ones that kill me are time trophies (See motorstorm RC) and trophies requiring very long amounts if grinding.

The trophies I am stuck on for infamous 2 are become fully evil and unlock all powers. Unless you headshot-multikill everyone on the way and finish all the side missions you still have some grinding to do for me at least.