What are some of your fondest memories of gaming or activities?

Remilia Scarlet

My fondest memory is when me and my sister got our very first video game console the Atari 2600. I remember playing Combat with her on the Atari and oddly enough that was her first game which was a shooter and later in life she still only plays pure shooters. Also I love playing Pitfall 2 on that game and recently I went back to try to go farther in the level but to no avail, but at least I can make it to level 5 in Space Invader now.

• Like 1

My fondest memories are probably just me honing my gaming skills. I never had any siblings to play with, but in kindergarten if I remember correctly, my dad bought me a ps2. Played games like Battlefront 2, Midnight Club, The Incredible Hulk, The GTA's, etc etc. Playing on my ps2 were some of the funnest times of my life. Gaming is still fun nowadays but I dunno, it seems games aren't really made with the care they should be, just for the monies.

Edited by Kubanga
  • Like 1

Actually going over to people's houses / having people over to play split screen games. Ratchet 3, Tony Hawk, Battlefront, that little 2 player mini thing in San Andreas, stuff like that is what dreams are made of.

Tekken too actually, though most of my friends were into SoulCalibur on the PS2, but I was Tekken 5 through and through.

• Like 1

My big bro used to play Tekken with me too when we were kids. He'd always beat me (I could never get around Eddy Gordo's X, O, X, O) but I'd get a few good hits in. We played Oblivion together too. That was a lot of fun.

Playing through Persona 3 with one of my friends was like a journey as well because it took us months to get through it together. And the current team run of Bloodborne I'm on has had some special moments. Those tense moments when one of us is taking on a boss and everyone's on the edge of their seat for a particularly good run are pretty special.

Probably when i played Streets of Rage and Golden Axe with siblings.

Yea, killing off each other in Streets of Rage was rather fun. My sister would get in my way when killing off enemies. xD

A lot of my fondest memories are in MMOs, basically just beating raid bosses after a ton of tries and simple things like random /dance parties in some areas (usually if something is down or nothing to do).

• Like 1

Back when we had our PS1, my and my brother would vie for control of the system, so I did the only logical thing. I bought my own xD Got a link cable and several MP games, F1, Duke Nukem, Wipeout 2097 (Still my favourite of the franchise) and ofc, Command and Conquer Red Alert. God we played so many matches of C&C xD It was always so much fun. We still challenge each other in racing games, and play MP games together, but really very rarely. Oh well.

And ofc, back when I played WoW. I found a great group of friends there I stayed in contact with for many years, also traveled to the mainland to meet a bunch of them, several times. Hell I even lived with one for 6 months, and with another for 3 weeks. I love to travel xD

Those really were the days. 

• Like 1

Oh I got lots of memories. My brother and I used to play ATV Offroad Fury for the PS2 years ago. We also played SSX and Metal Arms together. My Dad actually originally got me into gaming though. I used to watch him play Return to Castle Wolfenstein on his PC. He'd let me play it sometimes as well. It was awesome watching him take on the Super Solider. I used to also play Tekken with my Dad. He'd kick my ass pretty hard though. I also played a lot of Call of Duty 1 an 2 years back. I get nostalgic about all that sometimes.

I also get nostalgic about Black Ops 1. I played the shit out of that game when I was in high school. Had like no stress in my life it was all about racing to 14th prestige with my buddies. Everyone was always online playing that. Now if I ever go on Black Ops, no one is ever online playing it and the game is hacked. However, in the grand scheme of things. I will one day look back on this day, and get nostalgic about the games I love right now. 

Edited by PipeSwinger
  • Like 1

one of my favorites was me and my best friend during the SNES days trying to beat the animal antics level in donkey kong country 2. it was a unique level where you had to play as every single animal buddy to clear the stage. the level was notoriously difficult thanks to the squawks the parrot's section. not only were you completely surrounded by deadly spikes, but there was also an extremely strong wind that constantly switched directions. the angry yelling and rage quitting were real. so it was unbelievably sweet and amazing when we finally beat it. ah good times  xD

• Like 1

Oh, another fond moment is playing with my dad. He wasn't a gamer, but he knew we loved it, but there was one game he just loved to play. The original F1 game that me and my brother used to play, he enjoyed playing that, and I think V-Rally 2 at times? Anyway. He didn't play much, so to play with his was magical. He used to move his arms and the controller physically left and right as he was turning. It's especially fond now, seeing as we're coming up to the five year anniversary of his death. Wow, has it really been that long already?

• Like 1

At the end of middle school, all my friends were going to other schools for high school. So i organised this big sleepover party to celebrate. Back then the two big games everyone was playing were Battlefront II, Pokémon: Emerald and fifa 06. We had set up 2 PS2's with 2 old TVs in the garage and all we did for a weekend was playing those three games. Good times.

My sister used to be quite a gamer a long time ago, and she'd always play Final Fantasy VII & VIII while i would watch. I was too little to actually understand what was going on in the game really and she'd explain what was being said like she was telling me a story. Really fond memories i have from that. I tend to bring it up a lot during family gatherings :P Anyway since a couple years she has been living on her own so we don't see each other that often anymore. Two years ago, however my sister managed to borrow an old PS1 with a copy of VIII  for my birthday and we played the game again for a while. That has to be the best gift i've ever gotten on my birthday.

I could go on really because most of my gaming related memories are really great. A lot of them are from playing games with friends/family but i also have some where it was simply because of how good a game really was. Because i had so much fun with it or got really involved with the story. I can say for sure that without games i wouldn't have such great memories. 

• Like 3

playing Sonic the Hedgehog on MegaDrive, my first game ever, also The Lion King and a few Power Rangers games on my Super Nintendo.

Most of first games I had for Playstation, like Tekken 3, Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid...

More recently, and by recently I mean 13-14 years ago, Metal Gear Solid 2 had a big impact on me and Red Dead Redemption on PS3.

Well I remember playing some gba games back in the past and I like playing those Sonic Advance 3 because it had that good music and gameplay music. And pokemon was fun as well back in those days. Lol I remember that my friends couldn't beat me with my team full of Rayquaza hahaha!

I also had some fond memories with the ps2 playing 007 agent under fire at multiplayer. Me and my brother put laser mines all over our own bases and see which of us can beat it. And boy those laser mines were so fun to use in the train station level. I also played 007 nightfire with story mode and i just screw aroundbin any level. I play the multiplayer w/ cpus and boy those remote rocket launchers... those were the good days..

Most of my fondest gaming memories were back on the days of the PS2. I remember when my cousin brought his PS2 (which I didn't have at the time) to our grandma's house, where we were spending vacation, along with his copy of Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2. Me, him and my brother would just have a blast trying out every character and move and just trying to annihilate each other in duel mode. Good times.

I also remember spending a lot of time with one of my greatest friends of all time back at her house when we were taking our Master's degree. We had so much work to do, we actually had to skip class to do all the work needed for those classes. Anyway, when we started getting tired or just got everything done with, we spent a lot of time together playing a lot of different games, but I mainly remember the PS2 Captain Tsubasa game, which was actually pretty fun. It was back then that she passed on her love of anime and all things Japanese to me, which in turn, lead me to doing a lot of different activities and meeting a lot of different people I otherwise wouldn't have - other than, of course, just leading me down the path that would make me discover a lot of awesome shows and comic books. You could say she truly began a snowball effect of self-discovery on me. She's in Japan right now, so I can only see her about once a year now (when she comes to visit), but the memories and especially her influence are still very real.

Other than that, I have a few good memories because the games themselves were just so good... but that doesn't apply to just the 6th generation, there are fortunately good games being made every day :)

I remember my older brother always getting consoles for Xmas, and just so i could be involved he'd let me use the other controller to make me think i was playing with him and beating him everytime :).

Many old games bring back many happy memories of my childhood and gaining new friends through the same love of gaming, which im very thankful for. 

• 2 weeks later...

My dad playing original tomb raider games with me (other ps1 games as well like space invaders too)

Sitting in my comfy bedroom in the summer playing the hell out of simpsons hit + run while eating sweets I got from my birthday.

Unboxing my ps3 on my birthday

The days of sitting with friends and playing goldeneye N64