Games you don't want to finish.

OnePieceDude

We all know that feeling. You just bought a brand new game; one you've been waiting endlessly for. The hype surrounding it, the good reviews surrounding it, You're pumped! But as soon as you're about to insert the disc, an old friend looks at you with bedroom eyes; play me..

lol Just list the games you have to beat before moving on to a new one, but not necessary enjoying or care about. 

Rainbow Moon: I wasn't hyped but still very interested after hearing some reviews and comments saying how it took certain aspects of the old-school RPG era very nicely.

It ended up being terrible for me. The lack of a good story and the fact that the main hook is the gameplay there. If you grow bored of it, there's nothing else the game offers you imo.

It's still collecting dust :S

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 2

Rainbow Moon: I wasn't hyped but still very interested after hearing some reviews and comments saying how it took certain aspects of the old-school RPG era very nicely.

It ended up being terrible for me. The lack of a good story and the fact that the main hook is the gameplay there. If you grow bored of it, there's nothing else the game offers you imo.

I forgot Rainbow Moon was even a thing. That game bored the socks off of me.

I'm taking ages with Atelier Totori. The time limit thing kind of spoiled it a bit for me. I'm a completionist when it comes the JRPGs so it frustrated me that I couldn't do everything and make the game's licence quotas.It's still a great game but I'll have to work up to finishing it. Especially now that I'm knee deep into Hyperdimension Nep.

• Like 1

Malicious

I have no idea what the hell am I supposed to do in that game. I'm not joking.

I have the exact same problem with this game, I'm actually pretty decent at games that give you no direction at all, but this one. :S

And Infinite Undiscovery, I don't usually hate JRPGs, but this one.. It was so boring, the story was so meh and the gameplay didn't help it in anyway.

Other than that; I can't really think of a game I actually liked that I wouldn't want to finish. Any game I like, I usually make a point about finishing them.

• Like 1

The last part before last boss and the post-game is the best part of the game IMO. I think the worst part was about mid-way through the game. I see you've just gotten to this point in the game. I'd say you have like 5-10 hours max left to plat if you're quick. :P

Edited by MMDE

I have the exact same problem with this game, I'm actually pretty decent at games that give you no direction at all, but this one. :S

And Infinite Undiscovery, I don't usually hate JRPGs, but this one.. It was so boring, the story was so meh and the gameplay didn't help it in anyway.

Other than that; I can't really think of a game I actually liked that I wouldn't want to finish. Any game I like, I usually make a point about finishing them.

Oh good, so I'm not the only one who had problems with Malicious. :lol:

...but I like(d) Infinite Undiscovery. To me, the story wasn't so bad, the combat kinda reminded me of Final Fantasy XII and the game was pretty. By pretty, I don't mean ''wooow it's the best graphics ever!!'', just... I dunno, the world was so lively. Take the first village, Nolaan, for example - it looks just like my ideal place where I could live happily for the rest of my life. (oh God, I sound like some 70yo granny)

The game itself is really short, though. :(  Not to mention the most idiotic achievement ever - kill E. Queen on superduperultrahigh difficulty for 1 (ONE) gamerscore!

Uncharted, I beat the story and I was going to platinum it but god damn it is so boring. I just said fuck it and went back to finish games that I love like the God of War series and the Infmous series. It is a shame since I also bought Uncharted 2 but I am going to play 2 but to just beat the story and that is it.

Edited by TheVader66

I've had Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence gathering (virtual) dust for the longest time while I play any number of other things.  I'll get back to it eventually, but I keep coming up with new (and not very inventive) excuses to procrastinate.