Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth hype

Before we begin I would like to share the trailers for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth which is going to be released physically on the PS4 and digitally on the PSVita the release date is February 2 2016 (same day as Megadimension Neptunia VII, So I am broke on that day).:

Here is the Story Trailer

Here is the Gameplay Trailer:

Here is the entire list of the 240 Digimon set to appear in the game: http://kotaku.com/all-240-digimon-in-digimon-story-cyber-sleuths-1735370618

The reason for why Digimon is going a more mature route was answered by the Producer Kazumasa Habu who was asked by Gamatsu, "Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth was being promoted during Digimon Adventure‘s 15th anniversary. What was the focus working on a Digimon game during such an important period in the franchise’s history?"

"As you mentioned, the 15th anniversary was last year in Japan. As you know, the Digimon IP was first delivered as a franchise for the children. Well, 15 years have passed since then, and now those kids are all grown up. So last year, we were focusing on how we can attract those old fans, who were once kids, to buy our game and get interested in Digimon again. So when we were creating the game, that was our focus"

Next, What we know so far on what Digimon gameplay is that it will be turn based RPG where the player can control up to three Digimon in battle also you can scan them to obtain them and train them in a manner simmilar as Pokemon Amie. I was seeing a gameplay of the Japanese version where you can have 10 more Digimon in your party as reserve, also there is a digimon evolution branch, where you can choose to digivolve to certain digimon or de-digivolve back to a previous form to go into a different branch.

Digimon-Story-Cyber-Sleuth_2014_11-27-14

Also here is the Pre-order bonus for the games, I know that Gamestop is one of the stores offering this. I am definitely going to get the game especially since I left Pokemon two years ago and might as well see what Digimon has to offer. (Also it is not being released on 5/2/16 but now on 2/2/16)

CUPxZzGWEAAGHmw_zpszxouurbg.jpg

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

I believe it has cross save between PS4 and Vita - hopefully that also means cross buy!

Hopefully it does, it would be fun to play on the PS4 and then on the Vita

Damn, I really wanted a physical copy of the vita version.

I know, I wanted that too. Thanks to Sony's stupid memory cards,I have to be stingy on how much memory I am wasting which why I usually don't buy digital games on it. So now I am getting Digimon for the PS4 because it is Physical copy.

Is this game worth? I havn't played a digimon game yet

Me neither, the previous games had different gameplay compare with this one. So this also going to be my first digimon game.

Edited by TheVader66

Damn, I really wanted a physical copy of the vita version.

I'm pretty excited for this. It's a shame that the Vita version is digital only though.

Asia version.

I still laugh at how Bamco reached this... first it was supposed to be digital only for both then people wanted Vita physical so Bamco... put physical PS4 :awesome:

I'm pretty excited for this. It's a shame that the Vita version is digital only though.

I am excited too, I still hate that is digital only on Vita in the west but as Satoshi said you can get the Asia physical version which now comes with English text (Thank you Hong Kong)

I still laugh at how Bamco reached this... first it was supposed to be digital only for both then people wanted Vita physical so Bamco... put physical PS4 :awesome:

Bandai Namco slogan "Fuck you, that's why"

I am excited too, I still hate that is digital only on Vita in the west but as Satoshi said you can get the Asia physical version which now comes with English text (Thank you Hong Kong)

Bandai Namco slogan "Fuck you, that's why"

When was the Asian version released? Strange that the game store I frequent never had it xD (I live in Asia)

When was the Asian version released? Strange that the game store I frequent never had it xD (I live in Asia)

Siliconera says that the Asian version is going to be released in February the same month as North America and Europe but I don't know the exact day though, sorry.

Siliconera says that the Asian version is going to be released in February the same month as North America and Europe but I don't know the exact day though, sorry.

No problem. I think I'll just get the Asian copy if it comes out on the same day. Otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and go digital.

I'm pretty hyped for this game, I really liked Digimon and the PS1 games.

Wait...so the Asia version has english text? Is it just Digimon or is this a common thing?

No problem. I think I'll just get the Asian copy if it comes out on the same day. Otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and go digital.

You're welcome, hope you get the physical version when it comes out

I'm pretty hyped for this game, I really liked Digimon and the PS1 games.

Wait...so the Asia version has english text? Is it just Digimon or is this a common thing?

Sometimes Asia gets english text version because Hong Kong was a former British colony. Right now it is Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, Moe Chronicle, Dead or Alive: Xtreme 3, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs Force. Since the PSVita is region free you can import these games and it will work perfectly on your vita except that you could not download DLC for them unless you have an account from that region.

• Like 2

https://www.play-asia.com/digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-english/13/709my1

February, so I presume close to Western release.

It's pretty common in the recent years.

It's one way how to bypass the Western censorship requirements.

• Like 1

Really excited about this for some reason, haven't watched Digimon in over 10 years but this game for some reason grabbed my attention for the ability to grow and 'Digi'volve your Digimon then get into some turn based action. It's gonna be good  :jaymon:

yup, this the first time in years where I am excited over a series that I never tried before. I love the Digimon anime more than the Pokemon one but I was super loyal to Pokemon for 13 years, now it is time for me try out Digimon. Also do you know they are making a new Digimon anime involving the original team.

yup, this the first time in years where I am excited over a series that I never tried before. I love the Digimon anime more than the Pokemon one but I was super loyal to Pokemon for 13 years, now it is time for me try out Digimon. Also do you know they are making a new Digimon anime involving the original team.

:yay: Wow damn, have to try and check it out. Thats one thing i wish Pokemon did was to introduce a new lead character because i refuse to believe that Ash is still only 10  :facepalm:

The new anime is pretty good imo. Definitely worth watching.

i was playing Digimon world 1 ,2 , and 2003 . 

1 was buggy in EU (ogremon was not leaving the castle gate -> impossible to fix (im not sure if this was EU bug or German version only)

2 was not available in EU so i bought NTSC version -> my fav in form of getting different Digimnon

2003 was ok , not my fav because of battle system.

long story short , im so hyped for this game and im happy it is such an improvement of other DW games. It takes all positiv parts of all 3 games and combine it :)

I'd recommend anyone who still has a CFW PSP or the PPSSPP-thingy emulator to try out the JP-only Digimon Adventure game, some good people made an english patch that continues until half of the game, so language isn't a problem. The reason why i'm recommending that is because Cyber Sleuth's gameplay is pretty much like that one.

And to anyone who is still hyped about this game but doesn't know about the most important thing about this game....it's.........Nokia Shiramine :awesome:

Also, i'm curious which version will everyone get this time? Personally, i still think the Vita is the best for this one.