Recommend a Anime for me please?

Thatnerdyfella

Seeing that there are a massive amount of users on here that enjoy and love anime it makes me want to start watching, re-watching anime again. I'm going to start off with Lupin the 3rd for my anime marathon or however you see it to be. I will say do NOT suggest One Piece to me. I've seen it literally a thousand times to date. Lupin the 3rd and Full Metal Alchemist are the only re-watches on my mind as of right now.

So yeah, it'd be awesome of anyone to help me with a new show that I've never seen before of course and I will tell the person who recommended me the show how I liked it and etc. I've got a list of the shows typed down in my "about me" on my profile.

So start jotting those titles down below!!!! :) I'll be checking this real often too like once a day.

PS, I also have nothing to watch anymore. I'm done with shows like OITNB, How I Met Your Mother, Walking Dead, Big Bang Theory, Adventure Time, Invader Zim, South Park, Parks and Rec, and so much more.lol

Edited by SIMPLY_CODY

Lol, Im no huge anime fan at all, only watched a few so I might give pretty boring answers but:

One Piece is amazing, but it is rather slow paced after time skip as it does one 20 min episode for each chapter, people think it has horrible animations but I find them pretty okay. Its super cool, funny and overall a great anime (Though the manga is ten times better) 
Also if you want to watch something over a long period of time, there is 726 episodes up and it will release new episodes for a pretty long time seeing as the manga is like 75% done I think.

One Punch Man is another amazing series, its super funny with great jokes and great characters. You should watch this as its fast paced, cool and most important, hilarious. 

Attack on Titan is a pretty cool series, I just started it a few days back but I really enjoy it so far. My friends was in love with Attack on Titan when it first released but Im pretty late to the party :P

I really recommend these three right now, especially One Piece and One Punch Man as they're two of my current favourites with One Piece being like my all time favourite :P
But I would like to give a shoutout to Full Metal Alchemist, DragonBall Z/Super and maybe even Naruto, however read the manga instead of watching the anime as Naruto's anime is so fucking filled with fillers.

Edited by MarsipanRumpan
  • Like 2

I kind of faded from Attack on Titan but will try to re-watch that and finish it up. One Punch Man sounds like my kind of show honestly. I'll give that one a watch after Lupin the 3rd.

One Piece was always my favorite but after a while I decided to get away from it. To me that show got overwhelming really.lol I will put down Naruto though too. I've read manga's before but I'm more of a show person than reading. I also have never been a big fan of the Dragon Ball Z series unfortunately. -_-

Overlord, Fate series (if you dont want to watch the Deen version, start with Fate Zero then go to Unlimited Blade Works), Noragami 1st and 2nd Seasons, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann... Some of these are old, some are quite recent. Since I dont know your anime history, I will refrain myself from recommending classics.

Also, for the series, you could try Vikings, Hell on Wheels, Sons of Anarchy (only if your are 18 years old, or you may have problems with your parents) and Grimm.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Dont want to be unfair to a studio. Thanks, Satoshi Ookami.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1

Lol, Im no huge anime fan at all, only watched a few so I might give pretty boring answers but:

On the contrary =)

If you only watched a few and liked something, it means you enjoyed it and your recommendations are worth :)

Fate series (if you dont want to watch the Bones version, start with Fate Zero then go to Unlimited Blade Works), 

You meant Deen =D

Bones would not screw up the series as Deen did.

• Like 1

If you like FMA, you'll definitely enjoy Magi The Labyrinth of Magic (season 1) and Magi The Kingdom of Magic (season 2). I really liked:

• Magi The Labyrinth of Magic (season 1) and Magi The Kingdom of Magic (season 2): Magis have access to the life stream where all souls return to, giving them unlimited power. Their job is to choose a king to lead the humans and bring peace and prosperity to the world. However, their power can also be used to turn to world towards utter annihilation.
  • Akame ga Kill: Group of assassins fighting against a corrupt government
  • Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin: Titans have driven humans near extinction and they're fighting for survival.
  • Fairy Tail: set in an medieval fantasy setting where mages join guilds and have adventures. Dark wizards are trying to control the world and bring back a legendary black wizard.
  • Avatar The Legend of Aang followed by Avatar The Legend of Korra: the avatar's job is to keep the balance between the four nations (Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads) and is the only one capable to wield all 4 elements.
  • Naruto: Naruto dreams to become the next hokage (best ninja in his village and the leader), but carries a secret. Meanwhile evil ninjas are after him for his secret.
  • Seven Deadly Sins: ten years ago the best 7 knights tried a coup d'etat, which was foiled by the other knights. Following this the 7 deadly sins vanished without a trace and are still wanted. Now the order of the knights seems to try to gain control of the kingdom and the only ones capable of stopping them are the 7 deadly sins.
  • Persona 4 The Animation: On rainy nights at midnight the Midnight Channel suposedly shows your soulmate. However, people who appear on that show mysteriously vanish.
  • Sword Art Online: 10,000 gamers are trapped in an MMO game where dying means death in real life too. The only way to escape is to beat all 100 floors.
Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Here's what I've only watch in my history: One Piece, Naruto, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bepop, Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online, RWBY, and I believe that is it honestly.

I've seen Death Note as well.

Wow, really? Then lets increase the list now!

Afro Samurai, Berserk, Black Lagoon, Code Geass Lelouch, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate, Kara no Kyoukai, Karas, Ninja Scroll The Movies, Samurai Champloo, Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi, Vampire Hunter D, YuYu Hakusho.

• Like 1

OH! Ghost in the Shell was good too! Completely forgot about that one and yes that's all I have seen that's why I made this post.lol

But yeah since you guys have gave me a huge list I'm happy now. Though my girlfriend isn't going to like it when I want to watch any of these since she's not big into anime overall.

Kaiji : Ultimate Survivor - Envolves gambling themes with some of the finest thrilling and intense moments i've ever seen . Each episode will make you eager to watch the next right away.

The World God Only Knows - It's about a guy who plays videogames like a freaking god like 6 at the same time but they're all Dating Sim . He then get a mission to the collect the souls of demons that are trapped inside girl's hearts and to do that he must conquer real girls while using the methods he learned playing games.

Death Parade - People arrive into a bar out of nowhere wthout knowing how they got there in the 1st place. They are welcome by the barman and must perform a game (it varies each time) that will determine their fate like in a life to death situation.

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

Uh oh, Ping Pong The Animation coming through!

You the artsy little shit that cried at the end of Journey? Like to get reminded of the insignificance of your pitiful existance?  Like watching asians play with their balls? This is the show for you.

But in all seriousness, Ping Pong is absolutely fantastic, a modern milestone in the genre. Leave all that wack shit behind and join me on the Ping Pong train.

• Like 1

If you're bored of teenager animes full of fighting such as Bleach, Fairy Tail, etc I recommend "Rainbow: Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin".

Its a bit more adult oriented as its about how prisoners are getting abused by officers - has a slight "Shawshank Redemption" vibe to it.

• Like 1

But yeah since you guys have gave me a huge list I'm happy now. Though my girlfriend isn't going to like it when I want to watch any of these since she's not big into anime overall.

All I see here are action-oriented anime, but maybe you want to watch some beautiful and heart-warming ones (that your girlfriend could enjoy too and make her an anime fan, it worked with my wife :P):

Byousoku 5 Centimeter

Ano Hana

Ore Monogatari!!

And some more really good ones:

Bartender (really good without ANY action)

Baccano! (one of my favourites)

Ping Pong The Animation

and of course Redline, one of the best movies of all times.

I hope to hear from you how you liked them :)

Edited by Kurorac
  • Like 2

You're really missing out if you haven't watched One Punch Man, everything about this anime is great. It has action, nice battles, amazing characters and the best part is the comedy.

Also Arslan Senki is one that i really enjoyed. 

And here we go again.

In Japan == not here :P (unfortunately...)

Luckily all cartoons are considered anime in Japan :P.

Honestly though its not just Japan. I've been calling all anime "tekenfilms"  (which is basically dutch for animation ) Whole my life. And never ever in my life have i called something a cartoon. So i dont understand why i should suddenly change naming Western and Japanese animations differently. The fact that all animations (anime) are the same doesn't change. And im pretty sure that there are more country's like that and not just Japan ( i believe Korea is one of them as well). Anyway it all comes down to each person's opinion. But you can't just say things like Avatar is not anime because it definitely is. Whether you want to call it an anime or not is entirely up to you.