Username importance

Sprunkiii

Hey everyone B)

I have a couple of accounts on PSN. Some might say too many.

Anyways, I can never seem to stick with an account because I don't think my username is "cool enough".

I'd love to hear your opinion on usernames and how important a PSN ID is to you. Have you ever accepted a friend request or joined a game invite because you thought the user ID was good and wouldn't have done it if the name had been different/boring?

Have you ever accepted a friend request or joined a game invite because you thought the user ID was good and wouldn't have done it if the name had been different/boring?

Never happened to me, although i don't like playing with L33T people, find it annoying to say their names on the mic or message them.

Edit: Sprunkii is cool, easily a conversation started. If that doesn't have a meaning, i suggest making one up on case people ask.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

Lol hey I've felt this way about my name SIMPLY_CODY. mainly cause it's all in caps and looking at youtube gamers gamertag, psn, etc. always made me want to choose a better name. like PowerPyx for example. pretty badass name I wish I would've had that name.

But I agree with MrBloodmoney though. Its the actions that make it cool.

This reads like a George Costanza thread.  :lol:  The majority of people don't give a shit as much as you seem to, OP. Nobody's gonna reject your friend request because your name isn't BADASS_MOTHER_FUCKER_69.

Edited by Thropy_Hore
  • Like 1

The only real reason that I am tied to the name is the same reason why I am tied to my real name.  Not because I like it so much I could not possible have another, but more simply because it is the name everyone I like and associate with would know me by.  It is just easier to keep my name, as I have been using it for the better part of a decade, and I use it as my username for everything I sign up for.

• Like 1

I don't really care what your username is, so long as you aren't a jerk.  Mines, I have been told is kind of offensive (the "Demon" part) so some people probably avoid me because of that. I really don't care though, don't really need narrowed minded people.

As for friend requests/game invites.  Friend requests are something I will only accept if I know you from the site or if you say something in the message.  Game invites, I don't have Plus so yea.. but if I did, I probably would accept an invite to the game if you were on my friends list and if I wanted to play that game/wasn't busy at the time.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 2