Thoughts on Trophies?

Yechan

Well, if I remember correctly, the requirements will keep you busy for a while, so you'll definitely get your money's worth here.  :)

I think that's another reason for wanting more trophies =D To feel awarded =D

Iirc, even if you speed run, it should be 50-70hrs =D

Just because those games don't have underaged Japanese girls in it that are barely dressed doesn't mean they're uninteresting to the rest of the world.

Of course! How can you call a game without underage girls in risky outfits interesting?! :awesome:

2013 wants his "joke" back.

Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Infamous Second Son, First Light, DriveClub, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Knack, Killzone Shadow Fall, The Order 1886, and this year Uncharted 4, The Last Guardian, Wild, Horizon, Ratchet and Clank, Detroit Become Human (this in 2017 perhaps)...

Yeah the PS4 only gets remasters, nothing else... 

Okay, guess I should answer seriously, huh? =D

Let's look at your list, you did mention year 2013, that gives us around 2 years, and in 2 years, all PS4 has 8 games that satisfy the condition being non-ports?

That's quite a small amount compared to the amount of remaster/remake titles.

I understand you obviously didn't list everything, but if 8 games is all you could remember, don't you think it kinda confirms the joke? ;)

Plus, if we count PC ports, the joke is still pretty recent, don't you think? ;)

2016 should fix that, I agree, but we still don't have those games to actually back it up ;)

(It's kinda weird being in this discussion and not talk about Vita...)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I think that's another reason for wanting more trophies =D To feel awarded =D

Iirc, even if you speed run, it should be 50-70hrs =D

Of course! How can you call a game without underage girls in risky outfits interesting?! :awesome:

Okay, guess I should answer seriously, huh? =D

Let's look at your list, you did mention year 2013, that gives us around 2 years, and in 2 years, all PS4 has 8 games that satisfy the condition being non-ports?

That's quite a small amount compared to the amount of remaster/remake titles.

I understand you obviously didn't list everything, but if 8 games is all you could remember, don't you think it kinda confirms the joke? ;)

Plus, if we count PC ports, the joke is still pretty recent, don't you think? ;)

2016 should fix that, I agree, but we still don't have those games to actually back it up ;)

(It's kinda weird being in this discussion and not talk about Vita...)

Well games don't take 5 minutes to be made you know?, they take several years depending on how big their are, for example Until Dawn restarted production on 2012 and they finished developing the game in 2015, that's 3 years.

Meanwhile remasters and indie games with little production value (like the niche ones you usually play) just take a couple of months or weeks to be made, so that's why you will find more indies and remasters on every platform than AAA exclusives games that takes many years to be done.

And counting the remasters that are Sony exclusive (The Last of Us, Beyond, Nathan Drake Collection...) and don't taking into account those that were remastered for many platforms (Resident Evil Remake/Zero, Prototype, Dishonored...) there are still more new games than remasters on the PS4.

So: ;)

Edited by smellslikejavier
  • Like 1

I think is a damn shame for the ps3 owner like me before. not impressed on the ps4,since it's an old-school style TBS. This game originally released on JP April 24, & NA EU in Q4 2008 as ps3 exclusive , that's when the Trophies were introduced. but they don't ever think about trophies patch until 8 years now, are they dare kidding me? although this have good story, may just forget it as a ps3 gamer..

I can see it on both sides for this one, while it would have been good to have the PS3 version injected with trophies doing this way would mean the company would not make as much money. Another reason would be for the Japanese players to buy a PS4, this remaster was a Japanese re-release and they have been doing this for a few PS3 games now so it must be working in their market. I am just glad the Western release of some of these titles are coming over.

Well games don't take 5 minutes to be made you know?, they take several years depending on how big their are, for example Until Dawn restarted production on 2012 and they finished developing the game in 2015, that's 3 years.

Meanwhile remasters and indie games with little production value (like the niche ones you usually play) just take a couple of months or weeks to be made, so that's why you will find more indies and remasters on every platform than AAA exclusives games that takes many years to be done.

And counting the remasters that are Sony exclusive (The Last of Us, Beyond, Nathan Drake Collection...) and don't taking into account those that were remastered for many platforms (Resident Evil Remake/Zero, Prototype, Dishonored...) there are still more new games than remasters on the PS4.

So: ;)

I know games do not take 5 minutes but this has been the case for a while now not just on the new gen consoles. I feel for games I play on the PS4 just does not have enough I still play the Vita and PS3 way more than the PS4. Again this is just my personal view as I know many great and big name games have been released they just don't interest me that is all.

I really wanna grab this for PS4 seeing as I won't grab it for PC any time soon.

Oh how I've been waiting to use THIS video again

I forgot all about this video, trying to hide the shame that I know most of both the material and what this video is on about :D

Tsk, now that I looked the trophy list I know that it would have been my first platinum if the PS3 version had trophies....

I thought the same things, as I did all of these things on the PS3 version already. 

Out of curiosity, are these all of the decorations available in-game? Or is it similar to how in Project Diva how the trophies are tied to titles but there are many more titles earnable in-game

Yes, they are. You've got an in-game medal cabinet that tracks these accomplishments (or trophies in the PS4 version) for you. There are no additional requirements, and the included DLC (probably) does not count for these trophies (outside maybe the 'kill x number of enemies ones). 

I know games do not take 5 minutes but this has been the case for a while now not just on the new gen consoles. I feel for games I play on the PS4 just does not have enough I still play the Vita and PS3 way more than the PS4. Again this is just my personal view as I know many great and big name games have been released they just don't interest me that is all.

With every new generation (more realistic graphics, more objects on screen, better AI...) newer games needs more time to be developed, for example Vice City took less than 1 year to be developed, and GTA 5 took 5 years.

Obviously the PS3 and Vita will have more games, the PS3 is a 2007 console so obviously by now after all these years it will have plenty of more games than the newer PS4 that was released just 2 years ago, and the Vita is a handheld (with much less power than a main console) so it takes less time to develop games for it.

• Like 2

With every new generation (more realistic graphics, more objects on screen, better AI...) newer games needs more time to be developed, for example Vice City took less than 1 year to be developed, and GTA 5 took 5 years.

Obviously the PS3 and Vita will have more games, the PS3 is a 2007 console so obviously by now after all these years it will have plenty of more games than the newer PS4 that was released just 2 years ago, and the Vita is a handheld (with much less power than a main console) so it takes less time to develop games for it.

Speak to any indie team trying to get a game onto the PlayStation network A vita game is much harder and costs more to develop, Hence why many kickstaters projects have the vita goal much higher than the PS4 or Xbox One.

My point is more around the type of games released on the PS4 for me they just don't suit my tastes again this is just my view and I know others like what has come out. Even the upcoming games list is lacking for me, So this game getting a second release and a lot of the PS2 classics getting made for the PS4 is a good thing for my gaming needs tastes.

Speak to any indie team trying to get a game onto the PlayStation network A vita game is much harder and costs more to develop, Hence why many kickstaters projects have the vita goal much higher than the PS4 or Xbox One.

My point is more around the type of games released on the PS4 for me they just don't suit my tastes again this is just my view and I know others like what has come out. Even the upcoming games list is lacking for me, So this game getting a second release and a lot of the PS2 classics getting made for the PS4 is a good thing for my gaming needs tastes.

I'm not trying to offend you but you only play niche japanese games that aren't very successful in this part of the world (or only played by a minority of people), of course you aren't going to like the real AAA games we are getting and of course Sony will focus more on those AAA games that are loved by a major part of the gaming community rather than those heavily japanese games. I'm not saying your tastes are bad or anything, you can play what you like.

As for me I love Until Dawn, Infamous, Uncharted, The Last of Us, etc so I'm waiting for U4, The Last Guardian, Detroit, etc so I really like what we are getting.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to offend you but you only play niche japanese games that aren't very successful in this part of the world (or only played by a minority of people), of course you aren't going to like the real AAA games we are getting and of course Sony will focus more on those AAA games that are loved by a major part of the gaming community rather than those heavily japanese games. I'm not saying your tastes are bad or anything, you can play what you like.

As for me I love Until Dawn, Infamous, Uncharted, The Last of Us, etc so I'm waiting for U4, The Last Guardian, Detroit, etc so I really like what we are getting.

Where did I not say I don't enjoy these games I have played all three Uncharted games played a lot of the assassin creed games until the story started to annoy me, Plat the first two Infamous games and so on. sure I like the JRPG games but I still play others I like to mix it up from time to time.

it no secret that I am not a big fan of online gaming and I like to collect trophies which makes me view a lot of AAA games poorly due to having online functions. But beyond that I too am looking forward to games like The Last Guardian and Mirrors Edge. And Yes I am over first person shooter type games which again does not help.

The issue with the PS4 is there is too much focus on AAA games so far its heavily one sided where the PS3 had a mix of both at a rather quick rate still more AAA games but no where near as much focus. Why because it sells in Western areas, second having Japan get a delay on the PS4 console at release has not helped this selection of games being released but give it time it will be up there.

Now back to the main topic on this game and thoughts on trophies I for one am happy to see this get both a PS4 release and trophies with it.

• Like 1

Where did I not say I don't enjoy these games I have played all three Uncharted games played a lot of the assassin creed games until the story started to annoy me, Plat the first two Infamous games and so on. sure I like the JRPG games but I still play others I like to mix it up from time to time.

it no secret that I am not a big fan of online gaming and I like to collect trophies which makes me view a lot of AAA games poorly due to having online functions. But beyond that I too am looking forward to games like The Last Guardian and Mirrors Edge. And Yes I am over first person shooter type games which again does not help.

The issue with the PS4 is there is too much focus on AAA games so far its heavily one sided where the PS3 had a mix of both at a rather quick rate still more AAA games but no where near as much focus. Why because it sells in Western areas, second having Japan get a delay on the PS4 console at release has not helped this selection of games being released but give it time it will be up there.

Now back to the main topic on this game and thoughts on trophies I for one am happy to see this get both a PS4 release and trophies with it.

Of course they are going to focus on AAA games more because that's what the majority of people wants, but the PS4 also has a lot of indies and games that aren't AAA, and of course the PS3 will have more because it's an old console from 2006, the PS4 is only 2 years old so you have to give it some time to the developers to develop their games first.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As far as difficulty goes, this game is a solid 3/10 in my book! This game is not too grindy nor too hard making it a very fun game! You should have no problem getting the platinum on this game! :D

Edited by Xugashi

• 8 months later...