Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

I'm quite certain they don't as I'm 100% sure I already heard the line that granted me the trophy (got it during my 2nd playthrough) during my 1st playthrough :/.

Same here. I had to get 250 lines on my 2nd playthrough to get the trophy. People who think it carries over were probably not writing down the lines.

Bring on Persona 5... the Persona 4 Golden platinum is mine!

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the eleventh person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

• Like 1

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the eleventh person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Definitely worth it. I'd never played a JRPG before, and while I probably won't jump head first into the genre, I'm open to it more in future! Very much looking forward to Persona 5 though!

So I'm on my second playthrough in December, close to getting all my remaining trophies... and I finally got to Hermit quest #9 - i.e. the Guardian quest.

Holy shit, this is in-fucking-furiating. Not only do you sometimes have to wait quite a long time for him to bite (Dragon Ball Xenoverse made me allergic to RNG), he also goes away from me a hell of a lot faster and easier than he comes towards me. Bloody bobber sometimes just deciding to make a sudden run towards the red end of the "fishing spectrum" doesn't help either.

Ever since I started Golden, unlike what most people say, I found that not everything is better compared to the original PS2 version. But most of my gripes can either be skipped or aren't that big of a deal, and since it improves on pretty much every technical level over the original, making it a lot more convenient, I still decided to make it my main Persona 4 edition. But fishing... fishing's definitely taken a turn for the worse. It's a lot easier to get the desired fish to bite the bobber, but as soon as it does... oh, God, it's just so much more frustrating.

Oh, how I miss the simple button-mashing mechanics of the PS2 version.

Well I'm now the twelfth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame.

Now my thoughts on the game:

At it's core P4G is a great game, but for me P3 was better.

In terms of story P4G's doesn't really get good until the last part of the second act when you have to deal with Namatame and to me that just doesn't compare to the overall feeling of dread in all of P3's story.

In terms of gameplay P4G is better than P3, but all the new ease of access improvement (skill cards and the ability to choose what skill fused personas get) kind of ruin the difficulty of the game.

I hate Social Links in both games and unfortunately it seems like it will be more or less the same in P5. I hate Social Links because they tend to boil down to "The MC is a perfect person who can solve everyone problems" when story wise the only people you should have Social Links with are your party members, because only you and your party members can deal with the plot.

P4G has good waifus and husbandos, but at the highest level P3 waifus and husbandos are better. (Margaret is best P4G waifu, but she is no match for Elizabeth) (Also Junpei over Yosuke and Fuuka over Rise) (Yukari and Ken are still trash even after P4UA).

All an all P4G is a great game and is worthy of all the hype it gets.

Edit: The speed run guide is pretty good.

Now on it's time to go finish SAO: HF  :S

Lemme join please :D Although I have started my game already but I'm currently having problems with the trophies since it got deleted  :( because I accidentally restored my PS Vita just today...So I'm back to Zero  :spank: ..but lemme join at least :blush: 

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

Edited by soultaker655
  • Like 1

Bad news, guys - I accidentally spilled my soda all over the computer table... and my copy of Persona 4 Golden was covered with sticky soda. I dried it off but I don't know if it'll still work. What a way to go. Guess I'll learn to drink soda bottles on my desk and close them tight. :(

I may be unable to complete the platinum if my cart is damaged as I can't afford to buy a replacement. Man, I'm losing good games due to my own stupidity. First Song of the Deep and now this. :facepalm:

I forgot to ask, but I'd like to be put in the Hall of Fame please. Persona 4 Golden was a great game, but that Guardian Quest from the Fox can go to Hell.

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the thirteenth (Tenth?) person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it. Now that you finished it, do you think the game is worthy of all the hype it gets?

Persona 4 Golden was a great game, but that Guardian Quest from the Fox can go to Hell.

Funny thing - as it always happens in cases like this, as soon as I complain about it on the internet, I manage to solve the problem surprisingly easy ("Internet - where bitching actually solves problems!"). I was using the D-pad to control the bobber, but as soon as I tried out a suggestion from a GameFAQs forum post to use the analog stick instead, I got it first try.

• Like 2

Funny thing - as it always happens in cases like this, as soon as I complain about it on the internet, I manage to solve the problem surprisingly easy ("Internet - where bitching actually solves problems!"). I was using the D-pad to control the bobber, but as soon as I tried out a suggestion from a GameFAQs forum post to use the analog stick instead, I got it first try.

That's the power of complaining on the interwebz :awesome:

It can still go to Hell for all I care. I got it done and THAT is the only thing that matters.

Bad news, guys - I accidentally spilled my soda all over the computer table... and my copy of Persona 4 Golden was covered with sticky soda. I dried it off but I don't know if it'll still work. What a way to go. Guess I'll learn to drink soda bottles on my desk and close them tight. :(

I may be unable to complete the platinum if my cart is damaged as I can't afford to buy a replacement. Man, I'm losing good games due to my own stupidity. First Song of the Deep and now this. :facepalm:

That sucks, such a waste of a great game.

that Guardian Quest from the Fox can go to Hell.

I agree :highfive:.

Good news! I plugged it into my Vita and it booted up just fine. Now I can go back to... not doing anything. :( I promise I'll get to work on Hardcore Risette.

Vita-tan is built with anti-sticky protection ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Anyway, you should back up your save to Plus/PC in case the game actually dies so you could buy digital game in some sale and use your save in case it does happen in future.

• Like 1