Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

I'm writing down ones I get on a notepad. I have 32 noted so far(including the ones from the Shadow Teddie battle, to be consistent. I'm working on the strong enemy ones. If there is a list somewhere, I'd print it out and mark off what I got. (My parents have a printer on their computer.)

I'm pretty sure I used this list: https://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/65615

I didn't think it was too bad at all. I even got it fairly early with barely any effort, so I'm not really dreading doing it again on P5. Guess my play style is just more suited to getting the trophy.

I had to grind out lines a lot, because I kept using Chie, Yukiko, and Yosuke until Naoto was rescued :|. Getting everyone hit with all status ailments and debuffs was a huge chore too.

I had to grind out lines a lot, because I kept using Chie, Yukiko, and Yosuke until Naoto was rescued :|. Getting everyone hit with all status ailments and debuffs was a huge chore too.

As soon as I get a new character, I immediately start rotating as much as possible (I always liked variety), so that's probably why I got the trophy so early (first playthrough, Secret Lab, extra boss cleanup). Apart from that, all I did was make sure I got Rise's line whenever a character got an ailment or debuffed, but I never purposely grinded for anything.

As soon as I get a new character, I immediately start rotating as much as possible (I always liked variety), so that's probably why I got the trophy so early (first playthrough, Secret Lab, extra boss cleanup). Apart from that, all I did was make sure I got Rise's line whenever a character got an ailment or debuffed, but I never purposely grinded for anything.

Ah ok, I waited to get a B-team of Kanji, Teddie, and Naoto to get their lines. I was already in the December dungeon when the trophy popped.

• Like 1

But variety hurts the levels of your main party =D

But it helps you get that HRF trophy all that much faster, as proved :awesome: Did you have too much trouble getting it?

I honestly don't really believe in the concept of a "main party". I'd rather have all of them balanced. Not to mention, even rotating and playing on normal, you eventually get strong enough to defeat pretty much anyone without much effort.

But it helps you get that HRF trophy all that much faster, as proved :awesome: Did you have too much trouble getting it?

Not really, because I perma switched to grind lines.

However, I had to do around 280 lines.

I honestly don't really believe in the concept of a "main party". I'd rather have all of them balanced. Not to mention, even rotating and playing on normal, you eventually get strong enough to defeat pretty much anyone without much effort.

Main party is main party, there's no game where you would really like all characters so much you would want to switch =D

Unrelated... is Portal 2 still obtainable if you start now and create new Steam account?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Main party is main party, there's no game where you would really like all characters so much you would want to switch =D

True, but in the Persona games I just want to see all characters in action as much as possible. They all have their usefulness, anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Unrelated... is Portal 2 still obtainable if you start now and create new Steam account?

As far as I can tell, yes. As long as you register the code for the free Steam version of Portal 2 that comes with the game and link your Steam and PS3 accounts, you should have no problem.

That's funny because just yesterday I decided to try and get all of the trophies for Persona 4. I will definitely take part of this as it sounds like fun. I hope we can all complete this goal!

Added to the event. Welcome and have fun.

Almost 4 years later...  I finally did it.  Can't wait for P5

Congratulation. Unfortunately you never talked in this thread before you obtained the plat so I can't added you to the hall of fame.

True, but in the Persona games I just want to see all characters in action as much as possible. They all have their usefulness, anyway, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Dunno if all of them... :D

I could never find any usefulness in Kuma =D

And due to my personal preference to magic and the fact that I stayed with Zio Personas/skills, I couldn't utilize Kanji either =D

As far as I can tell, yes. As long as you register the code for the free Steam version of Portal 2 that comes with the game and link your Steam and PS3 accounts, you should have no problem.

Cool, nice to know. Guess I should pick it up sometimes =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Dunno if all of them... :D

I could never find any usefulness in Kuma =D

And due to my personal preference to magic and the fact that I stayed with Zio Personas/skills, I couldn't utilize Kanji either =D

Well, Teddie is a pretty good Ice/Healing user, so would certainly never say he's useless. Whether you like the character or not is another thing entirely. ;) Having played Golden only after playing vanilla P4, I did notice that Teddie's ladies' man and overattached attributes were a bit overplayed in Golden, hence why you may have disliked him. I certainly found no problem with him in vanilla.

I also have a personal preference in magic, but I have a specialized persona for every element (Fire: Surt, Ice: Loki, etc. etc.), so whenever I switch up my party, I just switch up my main persona as well, so everyone ends up having their usefulness.

Cool, nice to know. Guess I should pick it up sometimes =D

Do. The game's pretty fun. Not really looking forward to the co-op and online trophies, but single-player's certainly enjoyable. Just remember to grab the Orange Box to play Portal 1 as well. Not that you can't play 2 without it, but it is a direct sequel and there are a few story references to the first game.

Also, the ending theme is hilarious.

Edited by jrdemr

Well, Teddie is a pretty good Ice/Healing user, so would certainly never say he's useless. Whether you like the character or not is another thing entirely. ;) Having played Golden only after playing vanilla P4, I did notice that Teddie's ladies' man and overattached attributes were a bit overplayed in Golden, hence why you may have disliked him. I certainly found no problem with him in vanilla.

I also have a personal preference in magic, but I have a specialized persona for every element (Fire: Surt, Ice: Loki, etc. etc.), so whenever I switch up my party, I just switch up my main persona as well, so everyone ends up having their usefulness.

For healing, you have Yuki and for Ice, you have Chie or Naoto =D

Actually, character preference did not go into consideration because I don't like Yosuke and still mained him =D (And if I could omit Chie, that wouldn't hurt as well :D).

I think we all do =D But it's annoying to switch when you have main OP Persona with maxed stats and blocks/repels :awesome:

Do. The game's pretty fun. Not really looking forward to the co-op and online trophies, but single-player's certainly enjoyable. Just remember to grab the Orange Box to play Portal 1 as well. Not that you can't play 2 without it, but it is a direct sequel and there are a few story references to the first game.

Also, the ending theme is hilarious.

Yea, I know... this is pretty much the reason why I'm postponing the play.

I don't want to play on PC xD

• Like 1

For healing, you have Yuki and for Ice, you have Chie or Naoto =D

Actually, character preference did not go into consideration because I don't like Yosuke and still mained him =D (And if I could omit Chie, that wouldn't hurt as well :D).

I personally didn't really like Kuma as a character (either) but in battles I also found Yukiko to be a way more effective healer. As for ice attacks I didn't feel a real difference between Chie and Kuma. Chie also had more powerfull physical attack(s) than Kanji and was usefull for buffs. That's why I found it to be an easy choice to have Chie, Naoto and Yukiko in my main party.

I personally didn't really like Kuma as a character (either) but in battles I also found Yukiko to be a way more effective healer. As for ice attacks I didn't feel a real difference between Chie and Kuma. Chie also had more powerfull physical attack(s) than Kanji and was usefull for buffs. That's why I found it to be an easy choice to have Chie, Naoto and Yukiko in my main party.

Kanji actually has better physical attacks and higher STR than Chie does. Primal Force has higher base damage than God's Hand, and Chie needs equipment to hit max STR, while Kanji only needs the bonuses from the movies. Chie does have a higher chance to crit though, which is why both of them are in my main party. :P

• Like 1

Same here, only I used Yosuke instead of Naoto, because I didn't want to spent time leveling her up :lol:.

1L03861e.png

:platinum: Golden Completed

Finally got the platinum! :lol: Got it on my 3rd playthrough though, it was really fun to play and I must say Persona 4 Golden is one of the best JRPGs there is  :D PG4 gave me a huge impact really  :blush: It's all thanks to Miku for being in Persona 4: Dancing All Night for giving me the urge to play this xD Welp, cheers to everyone who got the platinum as well  :highfive: :platinum: Now where's our reward  :awesome:  xD 

Congrats! :D

3 playthroughs are pretty good amount =D