Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

23 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

As for another question to ask you people, I've been wondering about the meaning of the shadows that appear red in the dungeons. Are they especially dangerous or something? At least it doesn't seem to be tied to the level as there are small, medium, and large variants of these shadows. 

Stronger than normal shadows of the current dungeon. 

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Look what I just found. :D

Hide contents

u2FBnkY.jpg

Now I've finally got the one trophy I've been worrying about, but it was actually easier than expected. I was grinding the last 3 ailment lines that I was missing for my A Team since I'm pretty far into the game and I have no clue if there is a point ahead where I can't go back into the TV to grind. I was just after the ailments, since grinding that was the only stuff I noted down and I didn't even get to start with the B Team before the popped.

Honestly, now that I got the trophy myself, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be disappointed if Persona 5's HRF variant is just as hard to get as this one. There's tons of leeway, at least enough leeway that I think it's justified that this is a bronze trophy instead of silver or gold.

Congrats, you got the most annoying trophy in the game :yay: , now nothing stands between you and that plat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Hide contents

u2FBnkY.jpg

Now I've finally got the one trophy I've been worrying about, but it was actually easier than expected.

I don't know whether to hate you or applaud you. Doesn't mean I am going to touch P4G again anytime soon since I have so many more games to play. Still, congrats! :D

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Reveal hidden contents

u2FBnkY.jpg

Now I've finally got the one trophy I've been worrying about, but it was actually easier than expected. I was grinding the last 3 ailment lines that I was missing for my A Team since I'm pretty far into the game and I have no clue if there is a point ahead where I can't go back into the TV to grind. I was just after the ailments, since grinding that was the only stuff I noted down and I didn't even get to start with the B Team before the popped.

Honestly, now that I got the trophy myself, I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be disappointed if Persona 5's HRF variant is just as hard to get as this one. There's tons of leeway, at least enough leeway that I think it's justified that this is a bronze trophy instead of silver or gold.

Anyways, I'm now about 74 hours into the game on 11/11 and in terms of story progressions I basically just finished heaven and am now waiting for the person that was trapped there to recover. I've got pretty much all misc trophies that I can do right now unlocked I've got about 50-60 skill cards and 62% of the persona compendium.

As for another question to ask you people, I've been wondering about the meaning of the shadows that appear red in the dungeons. Are they especially dangerous or something? At least it doesn't seem to be tied to the level as there are small, medium, and large variants of these shadows. 

Nice!! I'll probably be getting HRF on my second playthrough unless it pops by itself. 

Does anyone know how many lines she actually has? All I know it's over the requirement for the trophy. 

Ya the red ones will spawn harder monsters. Same with chests I've found. 

Speaking of chests, I ran into the reaper earlier on (around the time of kanji I guess). Boy did that whip me good, and now that my characters and persona are lvl 99 and I'm intentionally trying to get him, do I see him?? Nope.. Sigh

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Nice!! I'll probably be getting HRF on my second playthrough unless it pops by itself. 

Does anyone know how many lines she actually has? All I know it's over the requirement for the trophy. 

Ya the red ones will spawn harder monsters. Same with chests I've found. 

Speaking of chests, I ran into the reaper earlier on (around the time of kanji I guess). Boy did that whip me good, and now that my characters and persona are lvl 99 and I'm intentionally trying to get him, so I see him? Nope.. Sigh

Thanks. :D (And also thanks to all the other people I didn't reply to :P)

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing between 350 and 450 different lines, with around 50 of them being missable. Like I said, I was halfway done with Ailment grinding so there were probably about 40 to 50 of those left, I missed a few boss lines and there are probably still some more to come. I also didn't grind anything else so there's a huge amount of miscellaneous lines I could still have grinded for, so I'd say 350-450 is pretty accurate.

Weird, I never noticed any difference in strength but I guess it's due to my playstyle or something like that. :dunno:

Is that the boss that randomly appears in chests and you get like 3 warnings beforehand asking if you really, really, really wanna open that box? Yeah I'm pretty sure I ran into that guy right after I was done with the first dungeon. I went back in because I was told there was a strong shadow to kill and guess who thought 3 warnings in a row couldn't mean anything that bad? Yeah you're right, it's me. I guess it's good to know that I should maybe engage that guy now that I'm actually fairly strong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Speaking of chests, I ran into the reaper earlier on (around the time of kanji I guess). Boy did that whip me good, and now that my characters and persona are lvl 99 and I'm intentionally trying to get him, do I see him?? Nope.. Sigh

That's pretty futsuu in Kanji's dungeon apparently.

And most people actually get owned by him =D

Anyway, if you are hunting Reapy, use Yukiko Castle method.

17 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

That's pretty futsuu in Kanji's dungeon apparently.

And most people actually get owned by him =D

Anyway, if you are hunting Reapy, use Yukiko Castle method.

Yup it was a slaughter

Ya that's what I read about too. 

Also didn't know what the heck the sound of chains were until I looked it up later in the game, was bothering me every time I heard it. 

But at least I know when I hear that, that's when it's a possibility to find reaper. I forgot how many chests need to be opened, or if it's random. 

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

There's a trick to summon the Reaper. IIRC you have to open 20 chests in the same dungeon, then you'll hear chains rattling on the background. Now you have to open another chest on the same floor without leaving and the Reaper will spawn. Every time you defeat the Reaper, the amount of chests needed will go up.

Also you do know that the weapons and armor dropped by the Reaper don't carry over to NG+, right?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

There's a trick to summon the Reaper. IIRC you have to open 20 chests in the same dungeon, then you'll hear chains rattling on the background. Now you have to open another chest on the same floor without leaving and the Reaper will spawn. Every time you defeat the Reaper, the amount of chests needed will go up.

Also you do know that the weapons and armor dropped by the Reaper don't carry over to NG+, right?

That's the thing, I've done that(small chests only, no changing floors), so I don't think its a 100% chance. 

Didn't even know he dropped weapons and armor....

Btw about s links in January

Spoilers

@Dragon-Archon
You were right on the ball with dojima being able to get his s link up in January! January 24th to be precise. Nanako as well a few days later apparently, I have no solid evidence besides seeing that others on later days could hang out with Nanako. 

The rest of the Internet lies! I'm going to set them straight. I wonder how many people backtracked a month/more/gave up on that playthrough for s links with the web pages that come up to that question. I would have continued to max them anyway, but it was a nagging thought.

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Thanks. :D (And also thanks to all the other people I didn't reply to :P)

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing between 350 and 450 different lines, with around 50 of them being missable. Like I said, I was halfway done with Ailment grinding so there were probably about 40 to 50 of those left, I missed a few boss lines and there are probably still some more to come. I also didn't grind anything else so there's a huge amount of miscellaneous lines I could still have grinded for, so I'd say 350-450 is pretty accurate.

Weird, I never noticed any difference in strength but I guess it's due to my playstyle or something like that. :dunno:

Is that the boss that randomly appears in chests and you get like 3 warnings beforehand asking if you really, really, really wanna open that box? Yeah I'm pretty sure I ran into that guy right after I was done with the first dungeon. I went back in because I was told there was a strong shadow to kill and guess who thought 3 warnings in a row couldn't mean anything that bad? Yeah you're right, it's me. I guess it's good to know that I should maybe engage that guy now that I'm actually fairly strong. 

Ya I was all like "I got this", nope lol

Edited by Dav9834

1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

That's the thing, I've done that(small chests only, no changing floors), so I don't think its a 100% chance. 

Didn't even know he dropped weapons and armor....

Yeah, it's not a guaranteed spawn.

He drops the ultimate weapon, armor, and accessory for every character, but you have to fight him 21 times to get them.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, it's not a guaranteed spawn.

He drops the ultimate weapon, armor, and accessory for every character, but you have to fight him 21 times to get them.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Nope, it's fixed amount.

Ya that's too many times....  I'm strong enough I think. But it would be sweet to have the ultimate weapon... 

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who's got the game ready to pop? This guy. :D

It took me 140 hours, 100 for the first playthrough and 40 for the second one. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna load up an old save after I pop this plat on Vita's 5th anniversary because I still didn't see the accomplice ending and I'm pretty interested in how that may turn out.

I guess now it's time to answer the obvious question:

Nope, it's still not my favorite Vita game. I still prefer Gravity Rush and both Dangan Ronpa games to this one, and while it isn't my new favorite Vita game, it might just be my new favorite JRPG. ^_^

I really loved the combat system which was a little more tactical compared to your standard turn based JRPG battle system. I also really liked the little card drawing minigame after most battles as well as the soundtrack. I think I gotta throw some songs off my phone an replace them with a few from Persona. :P

My main two gripes with the game are the pacing and the social links for anyone who isn't a party member. The pacing felt a little off, making me wish the story would progress sooner after finishing a dungeon as well as making me wish the dungeons were a bit shorter. The latter one might be related to my personal need to open each and every chest on every floor. :dunno:

Most of the social links felt pretty useless to me. Sure, it's useful to be able to instantly level a new persona a few times but besides the individual stories, there isn't much use to them except for the Jester and Aeon S.Links. The team member social links felt really useful in comparison, granting additional skills and persona evolutions.

Overall, it's one hell of a great JRPG and I'm pretty interested to see how Persona 5 is gonna unfold. Speaking of which, I'm probably still gonna wait until the PS3 version of P5 is on a sale before I get that, It's not like I have the money to afford the full price anyways. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I really loved the combat system which was a little more tactical compared to your standard turn based JRPG battle system. I also really liked the little card drawing minigame after most battles as well as the soundtrack. I think I gotta throw some songs off my phone an replace them with a few from Persona. :P

Well if you liked the soundtrack, you should definitely check out Persona 4 Dancing All Night which has some (mostly) fantastic remixes of Persona 4 songs.  I'm still salty about the remix of Heaven used (one of my favorite songs in the game, but the remix just really isn't my style).  The Snowflakes remix is my JAM though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Guess who's got the game ready to pop? This guy. :D

It took me 140 hours, 100 for the first playthrough and 40 for the second one. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna load up an old save after I pop this plat on Vita's 5th anniversary because I still didn't see the accomplice ending and I'm pretty interested in how that may turn out.

The latter one might be related to my personal need to open each and every chest on every floor. :dunno:

Congrats on getting it ready to pop :yay: . The accomplice ending was turned into an anime episode. If you're interested, just look up Persona 4 The Golden Animation OVA and it should pop up.

I do that too :highfive: .

• Like 2

I just platted the game tonight after 1 year 7 months, and about 130 hours worth of playtime over 2 playthroughs!

And one tip I would like to share with people:

Spoiler

You DO NOT NEED the "true" forms of your companions personas to complete the compendium, so don't stress if by the end of the game you don't have enough days to talk to them a second time to make them transform. As long as they are maxed in their social link you are golden :giggle:

Thank you to everyone in this thread for helping with my questions, and for the thread creator in general for spurring me to go back to play this great game again :highfive:

So I guess I'd like to sign up to my first PSNP "Let's play/plat" leaderboard things :yay:

BinkUncia.png

Edited by BinkUncia
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Persona 5 gameplay footage from a review Youtuber.

I think this game looks really cool - animated lip synching with voices and the old Persona system where you recruit Personas instead of that swap time event makes the game look fun. I'm gonna check out the trophy list fully before making any final decisions on whether to add this game to my trophy cabinet, tho.

Also, for those of you guys (like me) who is holding on P4G or don't want in on their account, there is actually DLC for Persona 5 which is P4G themed - you can switch the masks during battle to Investigation Team glasses, the humans get the school uniforms from Persona 4, Morgana(the cat humanoid) gets a costume that makes her(I know Morgana is gender-neutral but the voice is definitely female) look like Teddie, and they even switch the battle music for the P4G battle theme! This might make me pick up the game. :D

Edited by NebbyLunala

I did it Platted the game last night after 100 hours or so. Add me to the Hall of Fame!

This has shot up to one of my favorite games of all time for sure. Happy to help out anyone in this thread who has questions. I struggled with the secret boss due to bad preparation, but otherwise after Hardcore Risette Fan and Compulsive Reader, it's relatively straightforward.

• Like 2