Let's finish Persona 4 Golden.

Finally obtained Hardcore Risette Fan! took me hours of grinding because I didn't follow any guide at first; which made me raise Rise Slink too fast and skipping so many possible lines. I can finally feel the platinum within grasp and complete this before Persona 5!

Congrats!

Once again someone who achieved this without meaningless stalling in terms of Rise S.Link :D

• Like 1

Finally obtained Hardcore Risette Fan! took me hours of grinding because I didn't follow any guide at first; which made me raise Rise Slink too fast and skipping so many possible lines. I can finally feel the platinum within grasp and complete this before Persona 5!

Congrats :yay:, I made that mistake too and had to grind a lot :(.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done it! Persona 4 Golden completed!

Took me 104 hours and I enjoyed every second of it. Definitely one of the best games I've played and definitely looking forward to Persona 5!!!

Congratulation on finishing P4G :yay:. You are the twentieth person to finish P4G in this event and have been added to the Hall of Fame. I'm glad you enjoyed the game and that this event encouraged you to play and platinum it.

• Like 1

Done it! Persona 4 Golden completed!

Took me 104 hours and I enjoyed every second of it. Definitely one of the best games I've played and definitely looking forward to Persona 5!!!

Awesome, congrats :yay:.

If you haven't played Persona 4 Dancing All Night, I recommend it. That game happens after the Golden Epilogue from P4G.

• 1 month later...

Grats to some people that have already finished this beast of a game! You guys are doing so well :D

I've just finished my first playthrough and now I'm on to my second for clean up. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the best way to combine guides for these last couple of trophies:

Spoiler

- Maxing the social links

- The Sea Dragon

- The books

- Defeating all the optional bosses to get to Margret

- Rescue Marie

As I know there is a guide for the social links but it seems very lengthy/ strict, and I am going to need to know when to break off from that guide to go for the books or the sea guardian, or where points are that allow me the time to spend on other things like the replaying of dungeons.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could share any tips of the best way to stream line the walkthrough use for this playthrough? Bearing in mind that I only use my vita while travelling, so ideally I will need something which I can print off and look at on the go rather then having to use the internet and flick between different tabs on my phone, as its hard to read like that, and requires signal which could drop at any moment on a train!

Edited by BinkUncia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BinkUncia said:

Grats to some people that have already finished this beast of a game! You guys are doing so well :D

I've just finished my first playthrough and now I'm on to my second for clean up. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about the best way to combine guides for these last couple of trophies:

Hide contents

- The Sea Dragon

- The books

- Rescue Marie

As I know there is a guide for the social links but it seems very lengthy/ strict, and I am going to need to know when to break off from that guide to go for the books or the sea guardian, or where points are that allow me the time to spend on other things like the replaying of dungeons.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could share any tips of the best way to stream line the walkthrough use for this playthrough? Bearing in mind that I only use my vita while travelling, so ideally I will need something which I can print off and look at on the go rather then having to use the internet and flick between different tabs on my phone, as its hard to read like that, and requires signal which could drop at any moment on a train!

If you already maxed your 5 social qualities, it frees up loads of evenings for books and maxing social links. So I'm pretty sure that guide you're referring to is the best option, even though it's strict. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alternatewarning said:

I'm trying to hit leveling up all my qualities and reading all the books in this first playthrough, and hopefully Hardcore Fan as well

We'll see.  I think I'm doing fine, though?  Should I be kinda ignoring S.Links and focusing on attributes or try to balance them both

In order to create the more powerful persona's, you first have to meet the Social Link requirement. After which, you need to meet the level requirement. I would recommend enjoying the game during your first run while getting your attributes to max, if possible, then focusing on the more tedious stuff during the second. With your attributes maxed, you can talk your way out of anything - which in turn allows you more points during some S.Link interactions. 

Edited by x410xDragon
Typo

On 12/28/2016 at 5:47 AM, BinkUncia said:

Hide contents

- The Sea Dragon

- The books

- Rescue Marie

The Max Social Link guide I think you're referring to should actually cover pretty much everything you listed except for actually reading the books.  As Edunstar already mentioned, already having the social attributes maxed frees up a lot of time for cleaning up whatever you have left which for you is mostly books and boxed lunches (which the guide also covers and uses several of to max links).  I know I finished up the books with plenty of time to build about 5 models afterward.

It's definitely kind of a PitA to follow the guide and have to reference it constantly, but it's also not nearly as strict on the second playthrough particularly since you'll have a lot of money and access to the compendium to swap personas for specific links at will.  There's also a little bit of wiggle room built in at the end for some of the S. Links, but to be careful I would strongly suggest making saves at the end of each month and comparing your S. Link levels with the guide at each month to make sure you're on track.  I know for sure that I went off the guide now and then and just made sure that the total of my levels matched the total of the guide, but some of them are time sensitive, so definitely prioritize those ones.

Edit: To address your actual question, the Max Social Link guide is already very condensed and is written in ASCII, so your best bet may be to download it in a format that you can flip through on your phone without needing a connection.  For the most part, it should also contain everything you need.  Take care to read the warnings written throughout as well as some of them relate to acquiring all the books and must be followed strictly to avoid missing the trophy.  Good luck!!

Edited by Komrade_Konrad

Hey, now that I've finished SAO: HF in another let's finish event and some time has passed, I'd like to give Persona 4 Golden a go since I wanted to finish that game for a long time anyways. I'm also gonna use it as a one of my games to honor the 5th anniversary of the PSVita by popping the plat on the 22nd of February. I'd be happy to be added to the participants of this event. :)

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anything (spoiler-free) to know before starting the game, since I'm not too keen on completing more playthroughs than necessary. 

At least I've read that there's gonna be an important decision before which I should save, and that the game let's me know in advance so I can do so. I've also heard that I shouldn't play on the lowest difficulty, since that would make it harder to get the trophy that requires collecting phrases from a certain character. I guess that won't be an issue as I've already started a game over a year ago and played until the guy with the bathhouse dungeon (I think his name was Kanji), which I've played on the second highest difficulty. It turned out to be pretty grindy instead of hard, so I guess I'll settle for medium this time around.

If there's more I should be paying attention to, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

Anyway, I was wondering if there's anything (spoiler-free) to know before starting the game, since I'm not too keen on completing more playthroughs than necessary. 

At least I've read that there's gonna be an important decision before which I should save, and that the game let's me know in advance

Spoiler-free: December.

1 hour ago, xFalionx said:

I've also heard that I shouldn't play on the lowest difficulty, since that would make it harder to get the trophy that requires collecting phrases from a certain character. I guess that won't be an issue

It doesn't matter, you can get the trophy on the lowest difficulty and even on the max level =D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this thread dropped to page three. Not surprising considering that it's still going to go on for two more months now that Atlus announced that P5 is delayed to April 4. Still not going to play P4G again, Hardcore Risette Fan can go... somewhere. :angry:

Let's hope that us red-blooded men can avert our gaze from the sexy women in Persona 5 when it ships and check out the trophy list to see if another Hardcore Risette is upcoming. :P

1 hour ago, NebbyLunala said:

Wow, this thread dropped to page three. Not surprising considering that it's still going to go on for two more months now that Atlus announced that P5 is delayed to April 4. Still not going to play P4G again, Hardcore Risette Fan can go... somewhere. :angry:

Let's hope that us red-blooded men can avert our gaze from the sexy women in Persona 5 when it ships and check out the trophy list to see if another Hardcore Risette is upcoming. :P

There IS another HR trophy...But from what I've heard it's not as difficult as P4G. It's not too bad, I got mine just after I opened Heaven.

4 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Well, I'm still here (even though I still wasn't officially accepted to join the event yet^_^).

I'm currently on my first playthrough and by now I guess I'm pretty far into the game. In terms of game time I'm on 11/04 (a few days after the culture festival) with 64 hours and 34 minutes played and I was just grinding some more lines for HRF since this is the first time I've got full access to a full second team. My social stats are maxed, I'm one book away from the reading trophy, and my persona compendium is at 53%. I've got no clue how many skill cards I've collected but it's probably around 50+ since I've been taking them at every opportunity.

I'm done with most of the other miscellaneous trophies.

I'm trying to go for HRF in this playthrough, so I've kept my team social links pretty much untouched so they don't get the ability to cure ailments. 

I had quite a bit of trouble during the last boss of the void quest dungeon because I only figured out later that creating some great personas is the key to success in this game. I smashed through the hidden lab with my Kin-ki that knows God's hand ( I got lucky and got two skill upgrades on the same skill). :D

Anyways, I still have some questions that came up when I was trying to create some good personas. It would be great to get some answers if people know them.

• Do passive skills stack? (For example would having both High Counter (20%) and Counterstrike (15%) make the overall chance to counter 35% or would it stay at 20%?)
  • Are passive skills active even though the persona they're on isn't currently selected (skills like the Auto-spells and element boosts for example)

Since I'm still not officially in the event I guess I'll keep posting my progress and questions until someone tells me to go away. :P

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Anyways, I still have some questions that came up when I was trying to create some good personas. It would be great to get some answers if people know them.

• Do passive skills stack? (For example would having both High Counter (20%) and Counterstrike (15%) make the overall chance to counter 35% or would it stay at 20%?)
  • Are passive skills active even though the persona they're on isn't currently selected (skills like the Auto-spells and element boosts for example)

Since I'm still not officially in the event I guess I'll keep posting my progress and questions until someone tells me to go away. :P

Ha we're really really really close to the same date! 

I would like to know if passive skills stack as well. I've always overwritten the old. I'm positive you need the persona chosen for the passives to work though. 

I'm not part either, but I am now! Mwahaha! :D

@soultaker655 could you sign me up please! I wanna be in the hall of fame when I finish! :)

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I'm still here (even though I still wasn't officially accepted to join the event yet^_^).

I'm currently on my first playthrough and by now I guess I'm pretty far into the game. In terms of game time I'm on 11/04 (a few days after the culture festival) with 64 hours and 34 minutes played and I was just grinding some more lines for HRF since this is the first time I've got full access to a full second team. My social stats are maxed, I'm one book away from the reading trophy, and my persona compendium is at 53%. I've got no clue how many skill cards I've collected but it's probably around 50+ since I've been taking them at every opportunity.

I'm done with most of the other miscellaneous trophies.

I'm trying to go for HRF in this playthrough, so I've kept my team social links pretty much untouched so they don't get the ability to cure ailments. 

I had quite a bit of trouble during the last boss of the void quest dungeon because I only figured out later that creating some great personas is the key to success in this game. I smashed through the hidden lab with my Kin-ki that knows God's hand ( I got lucky and got two skill upgrades on the same skill). :D

27 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ha we're really really really close to the same date! 

I would like to know if passive skills stack as well. I've always overwritten the old. I'm positive you need the persona chosen for the passives to work though. 

I'm not part either, but I am now! Mwahaha! :D

@soultaker655 could you sign me up please! I wanna be in the hall of fame when I finish! :)

First, I'm not sure if passive skills stack, but I do know if you start a battle with a persona with passive skills, then switch to another, the Auto-skills are still there.

Would like to have someone 2nd this though!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I do know if you start a battle with a persona with passive skills, then switch to another, the Auto-skills are still there.

Ok that's awesome, and changes my battle techniques from here on out! Thanks!!! 

Oh man, I didn't know this event was happening! I'd like to join! I'm almost done with my first playthrough with most of the missable trophies (read all books, Hardcore Risette) out of the way. Is this deadline changing to April 4 to reflect the Persona 5 delay?

51 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

First, I'm not sure if passive skills stack, but I do know if you start a battle with a persona with passive skills, then switch to another, the Auto-skills are still there.

36 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ok that's awesome, and changes my battle techniques from here on out! Thanks!!! 

On passive skills, I've done a decent amount of experimentation. Here's what I've figured out. 

I can verify that if you start a battle with passive skills, then switch to another, the Auto-skills are still there. I've done this a number of times.

On stacking:

High Counter and Counterstrike do not stack. I had a fusion accident and my persona ended up with both those skills, and I did not notice a difference in countering physical skills.

Boost and Amp stack, and I'm pretty sure they stack with items with similar effects. I've read somewhere that you can only have two of these boosts stack and that the boosts have to be different (example: Yukiko has Fire Amp with a Fire Boost accessory equipped). But, I'm not 100% sure if that's true. 

I do not know about Dodge and Evade, but based on the behavior of High Counter and Counterstrike, I would assume it does not stack.

Growth does not stack.

Regenerate and Invigorate do stack with the tradeoff that you'll be using multiple skill slots.

I think I addressed all the passive skills...hope this helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sundrew said:

Oh man, I didn't know this event was happening! I'd like to join! I'm almost done with my first playthrough with most of the missable trophies (read all books, Hardcore Risette) out of the way. Is this deadline changing to April 4 to reflect the Persona 5 delay?

On passive skills, I've done a decent amount of experimentation. Here's what I've figured out. 

I can verify that if you start a battle with passive skills, then switch to another, the Auto-skills are still there. I've done this a number of times.

On stacking:

High Counter and Counterstrike do not stack. I had a fusion accident and my persona ended up with both those skills, and I did not notice a difference in countering physical skills.

Boost and Amp stack, and I'm pretty sure they stack with items with similar effects. I've read somewhere that you can only have two of these boosts stack and that the boosts have to be different (example: Yukiko has Fire Amp with a Fire Boost accessory equipped). But, I'm not 100% sure if that's true. 

I do not know about Dodge and Evade, but based on the behavior of High Counter and Counterstrike, I would assume it does not stack.

Growth does not stack.

Regenerate and Invigorate do stack with the tradeoff that you'll be using multiple skill slots.

I think I addressed all the passive skills...hope this helps!

Lvl up! 

Your persona reputation has increased by 1! 

:D Excellent info!!

Ya I wouldn't bother with regen + invig combo either, not enough bang for buck