Rumour: Battlefield 5 to be set in WW1?

NotAFoxAnymore

Out of curiosity, what makes someone who wants futuristic shooters a "brat?"

Parker

I'm talking about the kids that clearly every first person shooter developer caters too. Not saying everyone is a brat but it's been pretty clear who all of these people have been listening to for the past couple of years now. Kids that want fast paced shit.
  • Like 1

I'm talking about the kids that clearly every first person shooter developer caters too. Not saying everyone is a brat but it's been pretty clear who all of these people have been listening to for the past couple of years now. Kids that want fast paced shit.

I noticed this too. Battlefield is trying to be more like COD which is bullshit. You notice this in Hardline where everything is fast paced and no fucking tanks. Besides if DICE actually listened to us we would have Bad Company 3 already.

I've had a bit of a think about the WW1 setting. Although this would be interesting to explore i dont think  it would be executed very well. Why do you think there arnt any major WW1 games?  

Edited by Gibbo_0113

I doubt this being true if only for the reason that it would seem like a ww1 shooter would be paced differently then a more modern/futuristic day shooter is.  So I could see may fans of the faster paced action looking at a ww1 shooter and thinking that they don't want to play something as slow.  I mean considering that the main weapon of ww1 was a bolt-action rifle that could fire what like 10-20 rounds in a minute I can't really seeing that working in the current shooter demographic they did have machine guns but they weren't the main weapon.  Could be wrong but it doesn't seem highly likely or at the very least I doubt they call it BF5.

• Like 1

I'd really like Bad Company 3 considering it's 6 Years since Bad Company 2 and we've already had Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 since then which were both similar. Unless Battlefield 5 actually is set during World War 1 or even World War 2 then it would be pointless in my opinion for it to be another Modern or Future setting. It's been 8 Years since World At War and Enemy Front wasn't brilliant so I do think it's about time for a AAA World War FPS again. It would be nice for it to be historically accurate too.

Edited by JONNY-1992-_-
  • Like 1

I ABSOLUTELY, 1000000000000% would and am pumped for this! Have wanted a legitimate WW1 game since I was a kid. Like for over a decade! If this is true I'm all for it. Sick and tired of futuristic shooters. Want COD to go back to WW2, and if Battlefield 5 was WW1 (and had a campaign)......I just can't even. So much excitement on my end.

We already had BF1942 (WWII). Why go further back?

@mrVaderdan"will be a military-style game" "more destruction"

What "More" could you do in the past? 

BF has only had 1 future title: 2142. And that came out BEFORE 1942...

My money is on 2143, or BadCo. 3.

BF 2142 came out a long time ago didn't it! lol, Just kidding.

• Like 1

What is your definition of a kid then? I've been to all the CoD midnight launches from probably MW2 forward and I've only seen a few "kids" there. I know plenty of grown ass men that enjoy the futuristic and fast paced shooters far more than the slower, traditional shooting games.

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way from you but I see many people on the internet use "kid" as an insult, insinuating that only an immature kid would like something, like a futuristic shooter. I really wish gaming fans as a whole would express their dislike with a game, a series or a trend without insulting the people who enjoy those things. Personally I think an argument is far more compelling when someone uses actual facts to back up their opinion rather than attacking a game or its fans. 

Anyway, I've been thinking about this game a lot more and I really don't know how they'd pull of trench warfare. I can see it being fun for a level or two in the campaign as well as for a few hours in the multiplayer but for an entire game? I don't know. At the very least it would be very interesting to see what they attempt to do with the gameplay. 

Parker

• Like 1

What is your definition of a kid then? I've been to all the CoD midnight launches from probably MW2 forward and I've only seen a few "kids" there. I know plenty of grown ass men that enjoy the futuristic and fast paced shooters far more than the slower, traditional shooting games.

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way from you but I see many people on the internet use "kid" as an insult, insinuating that only an immature kid would like something, like a futuristic shooter. I really wish gaming fans as a whole would express their dislike with a game, a series or a trend without insulting the people who enjoy those things. Personally I think an argument is far more compelling when someone uses actual facts to back up their opinion rather than attacking a game or its fans.

Anyway, I've been thinking about this game a lot more and I really don't know how they'd pull of trench warfare. I can see it being fun for a level or two in the campaign as well as for a few hours in the multiplayer but for an entire game? I don't know. At the very least it would be very interesting to see what they attempt to do with the gameplay.

Parker

Keep dreaming. Unfortunately this will always happen, most game-related arguments are based on insults rather than actual points since so many people seem to think an attack on a game is an attack on them personally.

• Like 1

Parker

Parker

I'm not attacking the game or its fans. Here's a video ofor a guy testing what the average age of the cod player is. It's not the facts necessarily, but it should provide some insight for what I'm talking about. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D3Leo4QHY7bo&ved=0ahUKEwjfwoy_gJnLAhVK82MKHS2FDaIQtwIIIzAC&usg=AFQjCNFSzAOdHGntQKBSGIEN4doonOm_HQ Edited by Kubanga