The Sensei Retires (?)

InnoSensei

Oh man, this sucks major balls! However I see some pattern in here - in my thinking this guy didn't compromise your PSN account, he broke into your email. Then he requested password change (since he got access to emails and knew your PsnID) and changed it. Logged into your account, bought easily hackable (correct me if I'm wrong) game just to get your account banned (hence 0% in this game). It's looks like a revenge/envy case, because you've got one hell of an amazing profile. Or you pissed someone off. People tend to forget how weak in protection chain might be their emails, that are kinda backdoor to theirs accounts.

Anyhow - if I were you, I'd fight for it. Nothing to lose here (except for a flawless profile).

This, happened to me on another forum.  They gained access to my email and used it to recover my forum account.  I switched to Gmail and 2 step verification and haven't looked back.

Oh man, this sucks major balls! However I see some pattern in here - in my thinking this guy didn't compromise your PSN account, he broke into your email. Then he requested password change (since he got access to emails and knew your PsnID) and changed it. Logged into your account, bought easily hackable (correct me if I'm wrong) game just to get your account banned (hence 0% in this game). It's looks like a revenge/envy case, because you've got one hell of an amazing profile. Or you pissed someone off. People tend to forget how weak in protection chain might be their emails, that are kinda backdoor to theirs accounts.

Anyhow - if I were you, I'd fight for it. Nothing to lose here (except for a flawless profile).

How did the guy found out his email?

How did the guy found out his email?

No idea, but that's shouldn't be such a problem in modern days really. Anyhow, it's seems to be the case, since Sensei's BattleNet's account has been compromised the same way.

Goddamnit Sony, this really does suck. Why the hell don't we have 2 step security yet? Almost every other service I use asks me for that.

The long and short of it is that nobody has sued them for negligence when it comes to implementing two-step security. Maybe we'll see it implemented one or two major database breaches down the road?

After 2 and a half weeks of calling Sony, I finally get in touch with the Represenative Michael.  He actually listened to me and connected me to his Supervisor Rick.  Rick got my account unbanned and now I can continue my endless (?) trophy journey. :D

Glad to hear you got one of the good ones. Now to make sure your account doesn't get hacked again, make a good password. https://xkcd.com/936/

After 2 and a half weeks of calling Sony, I finally get in touch with the Represenative Michael.  He actually listened to me and connected me to his Supervisor Rick.  Rick got my account unbanned and now I can continue my endless (?) trophy journey. :D

You deserve a hug, a pizza, a beer, and a nap.  I am so glad you were able to get your account back. 

• Like 1

That's great. What a relief. Glad to hear they really listened to you and helped you out!

I found it odd that you were again online yesterday (didn't noticed this update).. Great to hear that it got unbanned and that you are back!! :)

It's just sad that that it took so long until someone actually listen to the request and forward it to someone that could solve the problem.. still it's good that there's at least 1 person on Sony that hear and do the right thing!

Congrats, it's great that it worked out :D

If that would happen to me and I couldn't get my account back, it'd be over. After spending more than six years on this, I wouldn't get back into trophies and just casually play games without an account.