Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Kinda wish I would've started it first now. :P But I've reached floor 87, so now I'll start working on the Hollow Fragment section.

There's missable gallery items if you don't finish hollow fragment arc before floor... Hmm 70 something(for ps4 only I think, Satoshi will have to say about vita). You may be looking at 2 full playthroughs... :/

Double check the floor number as I don't remember fully...

There's missable gallery items if you don't finish hollow fragment arc before floor... Hmm 70 something(for ps4 only I think, Satoshi will have to say about vita). You may be looking at 2 full playthroughs... :/

Isn't it 89? Could have a quick check at the trophy guide here on the website.

EDIT: It's before floor 93.

Edited by Edunstar84

Isn't it 89? Could have a quick check at the trophy guide here on the website.

EDIT: It's before floor 93.

From what I'm going by, the missable CG is at the beginning of floor 88 on the PS4 version:

Step 1: Aincrad F76-F87(!!!)

It's vital that you only progress up to F87 before completing the Hollow Fragment storyline. This is because there is a CG event that triggers as soon as you reach F88 (you won't get a chance to avoid it after killing F87 boss). If you have not finished the Hollow Fragment story at this point, you will miss out CG 68, and the only way to get CG 68 again is to play Aincrad arc all the way up to F88 again in NG+.

• Like 1

From what I'm going by, the missable CG is at the beginning of floor 88 on the PS4 version:

Ah ok, just checking, I did like 3 floors before starting the hollow arc so I was safe from myself lol. Ok that makes me glad I was wrong. I loved the game to its absolute fullest, but nobody needs to do a chunk of it twice. Edited by Dav9834

Ah ok, just checking, I did like 3 floors before starting the hollow arc so I was safe from myself lol. Ok that makes me glad I was wrong. I loved the game to its absolute fullest, but nobody needs to do a chunk of it twice.

Well, I don't know how reliable the information is, it's just a mini roadmap for the PS4 version I found on the GameFaq boards, hopefully it is right though. :P

Well, I don't know how reliable the information is, it's just a mini roadmap for the PS4 version I found on the GameFaq boards, hopefully it is right though. :P

I think that's what I used as well, you should be good!

And... I still think it's much better for starters to grind in Aincrad first before attempting Hollow Area.

Definitely, I've come across some enemies that probably would've kicked my ass if I hadn't (granted they were optional ones). But I got a pretty nice sword from one of Liz's quests before I started, so that has helped some.

Note to self: you can fall off ledges to your death in this game, I did not know that... *sigh* right after I finished a Hollow Mission too... :facepalm:

The hilarious thing is that these kind of ledges are the only ones you can fall off and if there is a 20cm drop in the terrain you will have to find a way around that. :D

But yeah if I was in a game where death in game also meant death in reality, I would gladly skip those floors/areas and let the other players fall to their death while clearing that floor.   :devil:

Note to self: you can fall off ledges to your death in this game, I did not know that... *sigh* right after I finished a Hollow Mission too... :facepalm:

Yea, that can happen =D Fun things are fun =D

The hilarious thing is that these kind of ledges are the only ones you can fall off and if there is a 20cm drop in the terrain you will have to find a way around that. :D

But yeah if I was in a game where death in game also meant death in reality, I would gladly skip those floors/areas and let the other players fall to their death while clearing that floor.   :devil:

Afair it was only in Hollow Area so... you couldn't do that xD

Yea, that can happen =D Fun things are fun =D

Afair it was only in Hollow Area so... you couldn't do that xD

In this particular situation maybe, but if I was in SAO I would be farming bees on floor 76 for 10 XP each. :P

My life is worth more than OP weapon drops. :D

• Like 1

I was trying to unlock the OSS system, I thought you only had to that first implement that required 200 skill uses... it turns out you have to do it 800 more times after that. whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

I guess I'll be spamming stun for a while longer. -_- At least this is simple enough to where I can watch some anime while I do it. :P

I was trying to unlock the OSS system, I thought you only had to that first implement that required 200 skill uses... it turns out you have to do it 800 more times after that. whaaat1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

Okay, let me see if I got this right... that first implement does unlock the OSS system, but you need to second one (the 800 one) to unlock the recording area (to make chaining a set of skills easier)? I may be getting a little confused with this. woa-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

The timing to chain your skills sucks too, I was hoping you'd be able to just record your chain & use it with a single button or something. silence-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

Okay, let me see if I got this right... that first implement does unlock the OSS system, but you need to second one (the 800 one) to unlock the recording area (to make chaining a set of skills easier)? I may be getting a little confused with this. woa-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862526

The timing to chain your skills sucks too, I was hoping you'd be able to just record your chain & use it with a single button or something. silence-onion-head-emoticon.gif?12928625

Nope, but it gets easier, and the timing is easier depending on the sword skills you use in the oss, some are harder to memorize the timing. Plus it's harder to record than actually doing it in a battle(the timing is looser).

Best advice I got was in recording(or anytime you want to practice in battle), turn off all sounds except the fx sounds. This way you hear when to press the button better. It did help me.

• Like 2

Best advice I got was in recording(or anytime you want to practice in battle), turn off all sounds except the fx sounds. This way you hear when to press the button better. It did help me.

It's also a good idea to memorize what movement Kirito does before the chainspot. That way you'll be ready to press the button at the right time.

• Like 1

I don't think oss is overrated, it realllly helps with the optional bosses(unless you want it to take twice+ as long). But I did hate how accurate you have to be, still do, but eventually you get it right. I never got it right in a boss fight every time. But damn! When I do get it right :mmmmm:

Definitely, I've come across some enemies that probably would've kicked my ass if I hadn't (granted they were optional ones). But I got a pretty nice sword from one of Liz's quests before I started, so that has helped some.

Which quest/floor/weapon was that?

Yeah I found that out the hard way too in the second Hollow Area :shakefist:.

Damn I was hoping for that too.

Nope, but it gets easier, and the timing is easier depending on the sword skills you use in the oss, some are harder to memorize the timing. Plus it's harder to record than actually doing it in a battle(the timing is looser).

That's good to know.

Which quest/floor/weapon was that?

Uhh... floor 85 or 86?  :hmm: You get it during the event after the one where you get that hammer for Liz that doubles her success rate, that's the first weapon that's been able to out-do the DLC weapons I've been using.

The weapon (Lingering Heart) is a one-handed sword that increases skill damage, I think it's DPS is around 400+.

Edited by Masamune

I got the trophy of killing 100 HNM last night and i can confirm that if you do it with other people it counts for everyone.

Also i might have found out why i couldn't get more then 2 chains to work. Apparently i haven't done all the OSS related Implements  :facepalm: just need about 70 chains attacks untill i completed the Multiple chain implement :D

I'm currently at 40 Implements done so not even half way yet .-.