Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Congratulation on finishing SAO: Re: Hollow Fragment :yay: You are the fifth person to finish Re: Hollow Fragment in this event and you have been added to the hall of fame.

So what are you thoughts on the game? Is it a good adaptation of the SAO "experience"?

Fun game, but I wouldn't recommend it if you didn't like the anime. The grind was boring, and there's not a lot of story in the game, but I really liked it :)

I played with Philla & Asuna most of the time because they were the highest level

Well I started the game and cleared floor 76. Does anyone know a faster way to raise the affection on the PSVita version than talking to the heroines while sitting near the fountain?

:hmm: nope :D

:dragons hopes and dreams shattered: mwahahaha

Well I started the game and cleared floor 76. Does anyone know a faster way to raise the affection on the PSVita version than talking to the heroines while sitting near the fountain?

I used the bed in Kiritos room. It's probably the same speed since the girls don't chat as often near the fountain and instantly on the bed but the chats on the bed get you less affection than the fountain chats.

The thing I liked about the bed is that I could just watch some videos, anime episodes or movies, maybe even play an idle game while I just needed to press [R] while glancing at my screen every now and then to make sure everything goes well.

But nonetheless it's a really annoying process since you spend around 10 hours inside the game without doing anything besides pressing [R] and sometimes [O].

Also, I'd suggest doing 1 or 2 heroines per day and using the rest of your time to continue the IM or Hollow Area story to keep your sanity. :D

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2

I started on the bench, near the fountain, then moved to the bedroom. Hehe

Edited by Edunstar84

:hmm: nope :D

:dragons hopes and dreams shattered: mwahahaha

Noooo noooo-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862514. Luckily I know just the thing to counter you :awesome:

image-3737008.jpg

I used the bed in Kiritos room. It's probably the same speed since the girls don't chat as often near the fountain and instantly on the bed but the chats on the bed get you less affection than the fountain chats.

The thing I liked about the bed is that I could just watch some videos, anime episodes or movies, maybe even play an idle game while I just needed to press [R] while glancing at my screen every now and then to make sure everything goes well.

But nonetheless it's a really annoying process since you spend around 10 hours inside the game without doing anything besides pressing [R] and sometimes [O].

Also, I'd suggest doing 1 or 2 heroines per day and using the rest of your time to continue the IM or Hollow Area story to keep your sanity. :D

Bedroom is definitely better ;)

Plus, more ecchi tehe~

Anyway, since all you need is to press R, you can pretty much hold Vita and keep pressing R while watching anime. And sometimes looking at the screen to initiate conversation again.

I started on the bench, near the fountain, then moved to the bedroom. Hehe

Ok, thnx for the advice everyone, I'll just move to the bedroom too :eyebrow:.

haha, i just went to rupera garden for conversations :D

This supposedly was supposed to be the fast method that I waa hearing about. However I noticed it wasn't any faster, and sometimes slower :(

That's why I stuck to the bridge/water fountain at night holding hands on the bench.

But ya it did work, just not the promised fastest method that I read about :/

I cleared floors 76 and 77 then jumped into the Hollow Area and beat the first boss while spamming the Praise button ( :up:) during combat and doing pretty much everything Philia says in the text balloons. She went from rank 2 to nearly 4 :dance:. I might not even need to grind out affection if things continue like this :D. Note that I also did an implement to use sword skills 200 times, so that also contributed to the affection. Also reached lvl 114 already, this is going faster than expected. Starburst Stream and Nightmare Rain are quite OP, hoping to combine them for an OSS... just as soon as I figure out how to create an OSS :P.

Does anyone know what level is recommended to do the Grand Quest?

• Like 1

I cleared floors 76 and 77 then jumped into the Hollow Area and beat the first boss while spamming the Praise button ( :up:) during combat and doing pretty much everything Philia says in the text balloons. She went from rank 2 to nearly 4 :dance:. I might not even need to grind out affection if things continue like this :D

The main grind is 4-5, though xD So... don't get your hopes up :D Plus, Philia is the easier one to get :awesome:

Starburst Stream and Nightmare Rain are quite OP, hoping to combine them for an OSS... just as soon as I figure out how to create an OSS :P.

You can combine them, but you will soon realize it's pointless =D

SBS is the weakest DW finisher so... in the end you will end up with The Eclipse and then NEBULARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID. =D

Recommended is 130, but you are better off doing it on 135 and higher. (Yea, I did it on 125 because screw recommendations but I can't suggest that xDDD)

I would suggest doing it after you finish 4th Hollow Area boss and you have complete OSS skill tree.

• Like 2

The main grind is 4-5, though xD So... don't get your hopes up :D Plus, Philia is the easier one to get :awesome:

You can combine them, but you will soon realize it's pointless =D

SBS is the weakest DW finisher so... in the end you will end up with The Eclipse and then NEBULARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAID. =D

Recommended is 130, but you are better off doing it on 135 and higher. (Yea, I did it on 125 because screw recommendations but I can't suggest that xDDD)

I would suggest doing it after you finish 4th Hollow Area boss and you have complete OSS skill tree.

Damn :| and here I thought things were going great with the affection.

So Nebularaid is a finisher, I thought just a regular sword skill. Which means I should probably use Nightmare Rain more often to level it up.

Lol ok,it'll take a while to reach lvl 130-135. So the OSS skills are unlocked after beating the 4th Hollow boss? I have a feeling the floor bosses will be destroyed in seconds after beating all Hollow bosses and completing the Grand Quest :lol:.

• Like 1

So Nebularaid is a finisher, I thought just a regular sword skill. Which means I should probably use Nightmare Rain more often to level it up.

Would be too OP of a regular skill =D

So the OSS skills are unlocked after beating the 4th Hollow boss?

No, it's just 4th boss is a good point to start grinding for skills because you will need them for subsequent bosses =D

I have a feeling the floor bosses will be destroyed in seconds after beating all Hollow bosses and completing the Grand Quest  :lol:.

You can bet on that =D Especially with uber OSS, you can defeat floor boss in one combo xDD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

You can bet on that =D Especially with uber OSS, you can defeat floor boss in one combo xDD

Well, I guess I'm gonna do some more Hollow Area stuff before continuing with IM since the bosses do take up some time for me without any OSS and/or uber skill and I've read that at some point there are like five of those in a row.

I guess I'm also gonna try getting that Ragnarok sword while I'm at it.

I cleared floors 76 and 77 then jumped into the Hollow Area and beat the first boss while spamming the Praise button ( :up:) during combat and doing pretty much everything Philia says in the text balloons. She went from rank 2 to nearly 4 :dance:. I might not even need to grind out affection if things continue like this :D. Note that I also did an implement to use sword skills 200 times, so that also contributed to the affection. Also reached lvl 114 already, this is going faster than expected. Starburst Stream and Nightmare Rain are quite OP, hoping to combine them for an OSS... just as soon as I figure out how to create an OSS :P.

Don't know if it's the same in the Vita version, but every implement which has you use a number of sword skills can be done in 1 - 2 minutes. In the PS4 version, just press L1 + R1 to bring up the skill screen and keep spamming exact onslaught.

Perhaps this trick works in the vita version also?

• Like 2

Don't know if it's the same in the Vita version, but every implement which has you use a number of sword skills can be done in 1 - 2 minutes. In the PS4 version, just press L1 + R1 to bring up the skill screen and keep spamming exact onslaught.

Perhaps this trick works in the vita version also?

That is good to know, I'll try it out. I'm currently doing an implement that requires 800 (!) uses against lvl 100+ enemies :jaymon:.

• Like 1

That is good to know, I'll try it out. I'm currently doing an implement that requires 800 (!) uses against lvl 100+ enemies :jaymon:.

If it's like the ps4 version you don't have to keep opening your skills, you can simply map it to square or any other button. It's what I did as well. Hardly needs to be said but you don't have to wait for the cool down

If it's like the ps4 version you don't have to keep opening your skills, you can simply map it to square or any other button. It's what I did as well. Hardly needs to be said but you don't have to wait for the cool down

Which skill is that? All the skills I use so far either have a cooldown period (stun, parry, etc.) or uses SP.

Which skill is that? All the skills I use so far either have a cooldown period (stun, parry, etc.) or uses SP.

Ex onslaught

Even though it has a cool down, it can still be used(just doesn't stun anything). The game considers it a sword skill despite it not being fully cooled down. Just keep mashing it! Very very handy! lol There's a lot of implements on sword skill use!

Hey does anyone know if the ps4 and vita version are multiplayer compatible?

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 1

Ex onslaught

Even though it has a cool down, it can still be used(just doesn't stun anything). The game considers it a sword skill despite it not being fully cooled down. Just keep mashing it! Very very handy! lol There's a lot of implements on sword skill use!

Hey does anyone know if the ps4 and vita version are multiplayer compatible?

Awesome, I'm going to look for that skill and spam it over and over again mwuahahahaha

tumblr_mv7eif3LY81rwva3mo1_400.gif

Awesome, I'm going to look for that skill and spam it over and over again mwuahahahaha

tumblr_mv7eif3LY81rwva3mo1_400.gif

Lolol again we haven't confirmed if it can be used like that on vita lol. But! I think it does.

On the ps4 version it was pre mapped to square, maybe the same with vita unless you already moved things around?

SAO-Screenshot-05.jpg

If memory serves me well(which is always a gamble... Lol)

It's the one mapped to square

You should reaaaally research the tips and tricks, otherwise you're going to end up with a gameplay time equal to SO4! Lol ok maybe not, but close!

Man talking about hollow fragment really makes me miss it...