Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

True, but thinking about it, 128 actually makes some sense (in computer logic.. since those things are usually multiples of 8..).

I thought the same thing when I saw it! But why is the question... In coding you really don't think about that unless it's on a lower code level.... Or maybe coding for psvita is different. But I dunno. Maybe it's an easter egg lol

I thought the same thing when I saw it! But why is the question... In coding you really don't think about that unless it's on a lower code level.... Or maybe coding for psvita is different. But I dunno. Maybe it's an easter egg lol

I never tough it would be a coding problem at all.

I think that's an easter egg, same way with some trophy names (like the Beater, Beta Tester and Debug Complete). After all, SAO is a game inside a game (the VR MMO, and even the characters treat it as a game, although a life and death game..).

• Like 1

I think it was neither an easter egg nor a coding limitation, really. I'm pretty sure they used a byte variable instead of an integer to save some space. That'd make sense since a byte variable can keep a count of up to 127 and that plus the 0 is 128. 

If they were to make it require 130 missions they'd have to reserve way more space than they would ever use for that variable and even though that's a small thing with 1 variable chances are that when you do that with the several thousand variables found in your standard game that's a lot of wasted space.

Also since it's a port/ remake kind of thing they probably just kept the trophy variable and bumped the requirement to the max amount that variable can hold. Coders are lazy. :P

Coders are lazy is actually extremely true. Lol but in a good way as well as bad. That's how they come up with shortcuts.

Ya I still can't imagine they did it to save memory though. I can't see it being that high up on the code. Wish we could ask in an interview lol it'd be the dumbest question to ask but I'm so enthralled now in their reasoning lolol

Ya I still can't imagine they did it to save memory though. I can't see it being that high up on the code. Wish we could ask in an interview lol it'd be the dumbest question to ask but I'm so enthralled now in their reasoning lolol

It's gonna turn into a bad habit if you don't think about optimization all the time, even if it's little things like this. But yeah, an interview would be kinda overkill. xD

Edited by xFalionx

Since I just finished the 'let's play" of P4G, I'm going to start SAO (PS4) now, so you might as well add me to this one too! xD Like last time, I'll be playing it on my new account.

But I don't know if I'll be able to plat it before SO5 comes out (I'll be dropping everything once it does), so I may not be able to one-shot it like I did P4G. :P

Edited by Masamune

Since I just finished the 'let's play" of P4G, I'm going to start SAO (PS4) now, so you might as well add me to this one too! xD Like last time, I'll be playing it on my new account.

But I don't know if I'll be able to plat it before SO5 comes out (I'll be dropping everything once it does), so I may not be able to one-shot it like I did P4G. :P

Nice, congrats with the P4G plat and have fun with SAO HF :highfive:.

• Like 1

I'm pretty much gonna do that the other way around. :D When I'm done with SAO (which is probably still gonna take a while) I'm gonna finish P4G for once. :P

But as far as progress goes I finally got my Ragnarok as well as my esoteric sword skill Nebularaid Empress.

Turns out those were easier to get than I thought they would be. Still gotta finish like ten more floors in Aincrad, though.

• Like 1

Yup, different and imo this battle system is better than in LS.

Yeah, since LS was this one's sequel, I was expecting something fairly similar, but I'm getting used to it. I haven't had much difficulty yet either, but that's probably because I'm using the free DLC equipment (which probably won't help too long).

Yeah, since LS was this one's sequel, I was expecting something fairly similar, but I'm getting used to it. I haven't had much difficulty yet either, but that's probably because I'm using the free DLC equipment (which probably won't help too long).

I'm still using the free DLC equipment and I'm lvl 114 and doing the second Hollow Area, it's still the best equipment I have.

I'm still using the free DLC equipment and I'm lvl 114 and doing the second Hollow Area, it's still the best equipment I have.

So it won't be a waste to upgrade them some? I think I did 1 ATK boost on one of the swords, but I didn't want to do anymore since the success rate was only 50%.

Speaking of upgrading, I hate how it auto-saves when you do that. How am I supposed to re-load the game if I fail?! :shakefist:

So it won't be a waste to upgrade them some? I think I did 1 ATK boost on one of the swords, but I didn't want to do anymore since the success rate was only 50%.

Speaking of upgrading, I hate how it auto-saves when you do that. How am I supposed to re-load the game if I fail?! :shakefist:

I haven't upgraded anything yet, waiting to unlock a special hammer for Liz after doing all her events. That doubles the chances to successfully upgrade equipment.

You could back up the save file on the PS+ Cloud and download it when the upgrade fails.

• Like 1

PS+ cloud upload -> fail -> download

That's how I got to +10 Exeterna & Ragnarok because why not  :awesome:

You could back up the save file on the PS+ Cloud and download it when the upgrade fails.

I don't have PS+, but I can still save it to a USB drive. :devil:

• Like 1

Ok, I was able to take down the first boss fairly easy (it did take about 15 minutes though), I didn't even have to worry about those extra characters fighting, they were at full heath most of the time. My chosen partner almost died a couple times though, maybe that's because I was using Sinon (who's really under-leveled). :P

But I got the final strike, & none of the extra characters died. I have to do that for every main floor boss fight, right?