Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2016

May Update! (part 2)

Tell me if you don't want to get a notification when there is an update!

My Progress

Well, I haven't been doing bad with my E's last month but that does mean that I now have a world record number of Ds on my profile. At least it's starting to look a bit better.

I decided to reveal the hidden trophies in GTA IV and Tomb Raider. My sister started both games, I have no interest in them, but they are now part of my statistic and I won't improve them soon. Their priority is really low, I'll do that once I'm done with everything else I want to play on PS3. This will affect the challenge negatively, I most likely won't be able to achieve my goal for the Es.

Apart from that, I got the platinum in Ar tonelico 3 (Japanese version) and Nights of Azure and made some progress in Toukiden: Kiwami, but that was already an A before I did it. I want to make some more progress before I put it on hold to complete Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord again. I have the plat in the European version and recently ordered the American version.

Edited by viech54

My "currently" are all more then what i started with (except b rank) xD. Well I hope i get as much as possible in the A rank,but im pretty bussy to do so and when I have time I will clear my backlog xD. Atleast as much as possible to A ranks is good enough for me ^^

Edited by MvP-BumperKlever

This is a interesting challenge and certainly something i want to do as i want to increase my completion rate to 50%, i have got multiple unfinished games with grade A-E's. Lets start battling the backlog :) 

My goals is to reach 50% completion on my Profile.

GRADE E  (Start 46 WTF , currently 46, goal 40)

GRADE D  (Start 21, currently 21, goal 19)

GRADE C  (Start 18, currently 18, goal 16)

GRADE B (Start 10, currently 10, goal 8)

GRADE A (Start 33, currently 33, goal 30)   

Lets do this and hopefully i can reach my goals  :)

I think the point is the count, not exactly the games you wanted to promote :D

Just promote the ones you want :D

Yeah, you've got the right idea. I created this thread for whatever reason people want to use it for. Right now I'm using it half to track what I've been doing this year and half to encourage myself to do better.

This is a interesting challenge and certainly something i want to do as i want to increase my completion rate to 50%

Added  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the update olimoo101. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to update my stats at the end of last month as I flew out to Japan on the 29th, for two weeks. I don't think they had changed that much in April anyway. However, I played nothing but my Vita while I was over there and accumulated a handful of E's and F's, LOL.

I did join the "mile high" club with my first trophy at 40,000 ft. on the way over and my first trophy in a Japan exclusive game (The Asterisk War) while I was there, so there's that I guess ;)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Do tell how the game plays. Asterisk is one of games I definitely wanna get. I still hope for Asia release but you may persuade me to get it quickly :awesome:

I'm just playing story mode so far, but the truth is I can't read Kanji, so I'm just pressing :circle:  and listening to the voices (which I also can't understand as I don't speak Japanese either, lol). Story mode so far is basically like reading Manga, with static backgrounds and characters animated while speaking in the foreground. Whether this is typical of JRPGs or not I don't know. I don't really play them. The only other game I've played that resembles the gameplay style through story mode is Hatoful Boyfriend, but broken up with some combat scenes which are in 3rd person.

I haven't quite worked out the combat system yet. Seems :circle:  is used for selecting targets and :square:  is the default attack. I haven't unlocked any extra skills yet as I've only played for about 2 hours, but perhaps :triangle:  is used for those?

Character training is also fairly straight forward as the buttons also have English on them (Strength, Prana, Defense, etc.) and the game tells you when you've made a good or bad upgrade, though I have no idea how to determine that before you make the decision. There's an Event Planner too, like a calendar, of which I have no idea how it works, but the first entry on it is 5 days away in-game, so I guess I'll find out. The combat animation is smooth

Even though I have no idea what I am doing, it's nice to see the characters from the Anime and I recognise parts of the story by the art.

There was a Gamespot discussion that mentioned the game would get an English localisation but unknown if that has occurred. There's certainly no trophy list for it, so I guess not. I've also seen people discuss the Anime/Game as being generic and "copy-cat" harem/fighting but as I haven't watched that many English-subbed Anime everything is pretty much new to me.

I'm just playing story mode so far, but the truth is I can't read Kanji, so I'm just pressing :circle:  and listening to the voices (which I also can't understand as I don't speak Japanese either, lol). 

Better start learning soon :awesome:

Is Ayato voiced by the way?

Story mode so far is basically like reading Manga, with static backgrounds and characters animated while speaking in the foreground. Whether this is typical of JRPGs or not I don't know. I don't really play them. The only other game I've played that resembles the gameplay style through story mode is Hatoful Boyfriend, but broken up with some combat scenes which are in 3rd person.

Yea, that's... classical VN style =D I knew this, I was more wondering about the actual gameplay, lol xD

I haven't quite worked out the combat system yet. Seems :circle:  is used for selecting targets and :square:  is the default attack. I haven't unlocked any extra skills yet as I've only played for about 2 hours, but perhaps :triangle:  is used for those?

You should have at least tried to translate these, lol xD Knowing the button inputs is the first thing you should know when playing J-games xD

I've also seen people discuss the Anime/Game as being generic and "copy-cat" harem/fighting but as I haven't watched that many English-subbed Anime everything is pretty much new to me.

It's LN-based anime/game, it's as generic as it could be =D And that's why I love it =D

• Like 1

Better start learning soon :awesome:

Is Ayato voiced by the way?

Yea, that's... classical VN style =D I knew this, I was more wondering about the actual gameplay, lol xD

You should have at least tried to translate these, lol xD Knowing the button inputs is the first thing you should know when playing J-games xD

It's LN-based anime/game, it's as generic as it could be =D And that's why I love it =D

No. As far as I can tell so far, Ayato is not voiced.

Not sure what I can tell you about the gameplay. Fighting is basically button mashing so far.

I didn't have the resources to translate anything at the time. Now I'm back home in Aus with access to my computer I will try.

I'm finding the game interesting because I'm familiar with the Anime. Not sure if that's enough for you to get it or not.

Count me in!

So far:

E - GTA V (PS4), Black Ops II, Infamous, Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4), DMC HD, Virtue's Last Reward, MGS3 (Vita), Little Big Planet, Fallout 3, Killzone 2, Mortal Kombat vs. DC.

D - FF X-2, RE0, Arkham Knight, Muramasa Rebirth.

C - GTA 5, RE6 (PS3), FF XIII-2, Wipeout HD, Fifa 11, Golden Abyss, Fez (vita), Velocity 2x (PS4), Sonic 2, AC Liberation (Vita), 

B - ZoE HD, Last of Us Remastered (PS4), FF XIII, Resistance 2, Arkham City, Towerfall Ascension (PS4).

- LA Noire, Phantom Pain (PS4), Last of Us Remastered, Persona 4, Hotline Miami 2 (PS4), PSAS (PS3).

LA Noire and Phantom Pain will likely be first, followed by RE0. Hoping I can get to 75% completion, though I'll likely have to knock out a few more Es in order to do that. Suffice it to say, I've a long way to go.

Edited by TheLakota

Ah, damn, harder way.

Not sure what I can tell you about the gameplay. Fighting is basically button mashing so far.

I see, so it's pretty much that.

I'm finding the game interesting because I'm familiar with the Anime. Not sure if that's enough for you to get it or not.

Definitely is =D I would buy all LN-based games if I could xDDD

Can I sign up please been wanting to clear some of my backlog and this looks like it could be fun.

S - start 24, current 24, goal 32

A - start 10, current 10, goal 6

B - start 1, current 1, goal 3 

C - start 13, current 13, goal 8 

D - start 23, current 23, goal 18

E - start 31, current 31, goal 27

F - start 24, current 24, goal 19

Overall average is a D I am hoping to increase this to a C.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know the update will be a bit late this week. I've been studying a lot lately so I haven't had the time. I'll get around to it sometime this weekend though, thanks!

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

I'm actually going to bow out here.  Didn't take me long to remember the reason for most of the PS4 and Vita low trophy grades - I just didn't like the games that much.  It seems silly to go back and play games that I don't enjoy that much and spend my free time not having fun when I could be playing something I'm excited about.

I was thinking about doing something like this starting last Nov. but I ended up falling out of gaming for a couple of months. Now that I'm back, I really wanted to work on removing all the D, E and F's from my trophy list. But, that also will cramp my desire to plat more games.

Decisions, decisions....

I didn't have the resources to translate anything at the time. Now I'm back home in Aus with access to my computer I will try.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/bandai-namco-trademarks-aw-phoenix-festa-europe

Hehe, this is promising :D

• Like 1