Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2016

Sure, I'm in, could be fun. A little extra motivation can't hurt.

E (start 13, currently 13, goal 1)     D (start 6, currently 6, goal 2)     C (start 2, currently 2, goal 0)     B (start 2, currently 2, goal 6)     A (start 12, currently 12, goal 10+)     S (start 56, currently 56, goal 76+)

Ideally, B or better for all, with plat/100% as the true goal. Realistically? Well, about half of them aren't done now because I disliked them or got stuck...

F (likely to start before the year's over)

1. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
  2. Assassin's Creed: Chronicles
  3. Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky
  4. Code: Realize ~Guardians of Rebirth~
  5. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
  6. Dragon Age II
  7. Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires
  8. Fairy Fencer F
  9. Grim Fandango Remaster
  10. Last Rebellion
  11. The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
  12. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham
  13. Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
  14. Lego The Hobbit
  15. Lego Marvel's Avengers
  16. Norn9: Vars Commons
  17. Tales of Hearts R
  18. Tales of Zestiria
  19. Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord
  20. The Testament of Sherlock Holmes
  21. Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters

E

D

1. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  2. Puppeteer
  3. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
  4. Yakuza 4

Not moving up:

1. Tokyo Jungle (Don't really feel like figuring it out right now.)
  2. The Witch and the Hundred Knight (Don't have it anymore.)

C

B

Not moving up:

1. Grid 2 (I hate this game...)
  2. LittleBigPlanet 2 (Don't feel like working on the cleanup. No DLC anyway.)

A

1. Broken Age
  2. CounterSpy
  3. Kung Fu Rabbit
  4. One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2
  5. Skyrim  :platinum:
  6. Sound Shapes
  7. Super Exploding Zoo!

Not moving up to S:

1. Dante's Inferno  :platinum:  (Too much hassle for the last trophy.)
  2. Dead Nation (No DLC.)
  3. Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (No DLC, don't like it enough to bother with plat.)
  4. The Raven (Glitched, no longer have.)
  5. Saints Row IV (No DLC.)
Edited by SyIaris

This sounds like an interesting challenge. I'll join. I have a lot of low grade games because I got a hold of a PS3 for the first time just a few months ago. I have probably double the games in my library than I actually have on my profile, but I will only focus on the ones in my profile. Since my backlog is large, my goal is to get all my games to a C or above which means for the year the goal is:

F - 1/1/0

E -  32/32/0

D - 7/7/0

F Games

Amazing Spider Man 2

E Games

Mad Max
Helldivers
ICO
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Zombi
Sword Art Online
Mass Effect
Rainbow Moon
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 3
Destiny
Borderlands
Jak and Daxter: Precursor Legacy
Dead Island Riptide
Infamous
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
Assassin’s Creed III
Resonance of Fate
Rocksmith 2014
Resident Evil 4
Odd World New ’n’ Tasty
Battle Princess of Arcadias
Borderlands 2
Assassin’s Creed Unity
Bastion
Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate
The Last Tinker
Steam World Dig
Metro 2033 Redux
Dynasty Warriors 8
Dust
Stick it To the Man
Trine 2: Complete Story

D Games

Hyperdimension Neptunia
Tales from the Borderlands
Sleeping Dogs
Valiant Hearts
Shadow Warrior
Never Alone
Killzone Shadow Fall

This'll be a fun challenge to try while I'm stuck overseas. I've had my PS3 sense forever (07 lol) and didn't really start caring about trophies until about, oh two years ago. It'll be fun to go back and see what I can do with all those games with 1-5 trophies earned on them. Count me in. My goals in leaving games with D and C grades are simply games I no longer own and won't be repurchasing just to try and bump them up.

E (start 12, current 12, goal 0)

D (start 13, current 13, goal 5)

C (start 6, current 6, goal 2)

B (start 3, current 3, goal 1)

No update necessary, but 100%'d Thomas Was Alone (removing a C) and platinumed Teslagrad (removing an E).  Glad I limited this to just PS4 and Vita games as I could see myself not playing anything new and just going back to older games this year if I included PS3 titles.

I started doing this about a year ago. In that time I've played 60 games I'd previously given up on. My general goal was to at least finish up the story picking up as many trophies as I could hoping it would get me at least an A.

There are 6 games I failed with. 2 B's and a C with a further 3 I've put to the side again as I'm not finished with yet but In this time I've reduced my unearned trophies by ~1500, boosted my completion % from around 50 to 70+ and picked up 22 Plats to boot. Some games were still crap but overall its been great. Its pretty satisfying seeing Dragon age origins go from 2/77 E to 77/77 S

A tip to anybody looking to do the same, slip in a couple of new games every now and again. Stops it feeling like a chore

• Like 1

ayy im down for this.

E (start 30, currently 30, goal <5)     D (start 21, currently 21, goal <5)     C (start 17, currently 17, goal 5)     B (start 15, currently 15, goal 5)  A (start 37, currently 37, goal 5)  

Got a view unobtainable games on my list so 5 is my bird jesus, lets go

Update! (Part 1)

(If you don't want to be notified when there is an update then just tell me)

Overall I had a slow start mostly due to me playing games that I have just bought and not going into by backlog. Hopefully this month I will go more into my backlog, although the releases of Alienation and Ratchet & Clank won't help me. :facepalm: Oh well.

• Like 2

I don't mind to be notified about it. My progress was faster and slower at the same time, both STEINS;GATE playthroughs weren't planned, I found them in the PSN Easter Sale and played them. Well, played one of them and let the game play itself the 2nd time. I wanted to get the Ar tonelico 3 platinum before today, but didn't get it yet. I need to play about 32 more hours to get the trophy for playing 100 hours.

For the next update, I think I'll be at 75 platinums and back to 17 As. I'll get Ar tonelico 3 done this week and start playing Nights of Azure/Yoru no nai Kuni on Sunday. After that, I'm not really sure, there are some really time consuming games waiting for me (SAO -Hollow Fragment-, Toukiden Kiwami). Maybe I'll make some time to beat Atelier Rorona and get that to B or A.

Edited by viech54

This sounds like just the thing for me, I started this account and practically just played through each of my game for a short time so most of them are E-ranks or F's. I'm quite sure I could get A-rank in all of them but this will likely take a long time. I might first just get all F's to E's, then E's to D's and so forth to keep things interesting. And here are my games at the moment:

F : 3 games, currently 1, goal 0

E : 14 games, currently 16, goal 0

D : 6 games, currently 4, goal 3

C : 2 games, currently 4, goal 5

B : 1 game, currently 1, goal 7

A : 3 games, currently 3, goal 10

S : 0 games, currently 0, goal 4

Edited by Tumppi-90

Yeah, my progress isn't so good currently. I managed to get the platinum for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood finally, but then I ended up starting Dragon Age: Inquisition unexpectedly. It happens I guess. I'm planning to start boosting some online trophies now that I have respectable internet, so a few of my games should start climbing due to that.

E (start 13, currently 11, goal 1)     D (start 6, currently 6, goal 2)     C (start 2, currently 3, goal 0)     B (start 2, currently 2, goal 6)     A (start 12, currently 13, goal 10+)     S (start 56, currently 56, goal 76+)

I managed to come down with a solid case of the flu and haven't gotten much done yet. Should make more progress on Sly today.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions - E->A

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - E->C

If there's a more specific way you'd like these posted, do let me know.

Wow, you went through and updated everyone's lists? Thank you, but I'm certainly happy to post mine if it's easier for you.  :highfive:

Edited by SyIaris

Oh wow, Oli. I didn't expect you to update for us. Thanks for putting the work in.

I haven't put much time into this honestly. Since posting my goals, I raised Sound Shapes from D to A, which gave a nice little bump to my trophy level. I'll need to go back for the plat (and rank) at some point. Also, raised TWD from D to C by getting the plat. I just have to go back for 400 Days to S that. I plan to get that done very soon.

My Vita time has been very limited lately and spent with Hitman Go (without a guide) which I will probably S this weekend.

E (start 7, currently 7, goal 2)     D (start 5, currently 3, goal 1)     C (start 2, currently 2, goal 0)

Thanks for the update olimoo. Sadly I don't think I moved a single game this month due to exhaustion from work. Even my personal goal of 83 trophies per month (to earn 1,000), which I had maintained in Jan and Feb, fell to a paltry 30'ish, as at times I just sat, blank-faced at the screen, unable to find the motivation to play anything. I even added to my "E" ranks with the current IGC games for March. At least it made your job easier :P

I've been playing Battlefield 4 after work for the last couple of weeks getting the ICYMI Community Event Dogtags and I will probably playing the DOOM Closed Beta this weekend, so not much opportunity for progression.

I'm so silly that I forgot my update!

First off, I finally got Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention up to A-rank, at least in my eyes - it now has 64% of its trophies.

Second,l I finally got started on Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, so that means one of the F-rank games is now promoted to E-rank.

For the remainder of the year, I will focus on these games:

* Disgaea 5

* Disgaea 4: A Promised Revisited

* Disgaea D2

* The Kingdom Hearts games

* And finally, hopefully I'll get Rogue Galaxy platinumed, promoting it to S Rank. ^_^

EDIT: I have completed half of my D rank goal - Disgaea 5, once at Rank D, is now at Rank B because I finished the story. Also, I don't think I can work any more on Disgaea 4 Vita as I forgot how boring Disgaea 4 is. :(

Edited by DetectiveCJ