Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades 2016

June Update! (Part 1)

2 things to note: There will not be an update next month as I will be in Europe. So the next update will be the start of August. Sorry for that...

...and I have not quoted the people that are following this topic as they will get a notification anyway.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 2

Turned out I didn't have as much time playing games as I expected. I got Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord (US version) to A and made some good progress with Dark Souls (raised it from E to A). I intend to get both of them to S before the end of June. It shouldn't take that long, Dark Souls can be changed to S today if I feel like it.

A couple of updates: Added a game or two to the list:

E Rank: 10

1. Kingdom Hearts Final Midx (2/51)
  2. Okage: Shadow King (2/30)
  3. Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Final Mix (3/46)
  4. Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (3/48)
  5. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (4/34)
  6. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal (4/33)
  7. Jak 2 (5/41) Will not upgrade for a while as I traded in the collection
  8. Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (8/37)
  9. Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (8/56)
  10. Ratchet and Clank [PS4] (11/47)

D Rank: 4

1. Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (7/51)
  2. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando (13/35)
  3. Dragon Quest Heroes (17/50)
  4. Sly 3 (20/36) Will not upgrade for a while as I traded in the collection

C Rank: 1

• Digimonstory: Cyber Sleuth (22/57)

B Rank: 0

A Rank: 7

1. Disgaea D2 (41/74)
  2. Dark Cloud 2 (21/31)
  3. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (41/54)
  4. Lego MARVEL's Avengers (41/71) Have the platinum for this but the rank is due to the DLC, which costs money :(
  5. Disgaea 5 (47/51)
  6. Rogue Galaxy (29/35)
  7. Persona 4 Golden (46/50)

I have three games that will never be 100% this year because I have to spend money to get them back.

Edited by DetectiveCJ

Sadly no progress at all from me this month, however, since my console is currently full with installed games and a hefty capture gallery, I went and bought another PS4 (1TB Uncharted 4 LE) and I installed 13 games on it that I've purchased in the last year but never played due to lack of space, lol.

Incoming E-ranks for Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood, Dishonoured, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Final Fantasy X | X-II HD Remaster, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Division, Overwatch, DOOM, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4. :(

• 1 month later...

I'd like to join up for this.  There are far too many games that I've started but barely spent any time with, and it's been fun reading other people's progress so far.

I'm going to set a goal to have no E-rank games at the end of the year.

E Grades - Start 18, Goal 0

August Update!

A few things:

• I now don't quote people when there is an update because these forums have a limit on how many quotes you can have in a certain amount of time
  • I now highlight the parts where people have met their goals in green
  • Welcome Fitzquaid :D

Tell me if I've got anything wrong.

Thanks.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

I bought a pre-owned PS3 this month which threw a spanner in the works. Made next to no progress on my PS4 games,but it also meant I never got around to playing the games I said I was going to last time...

Sadly no progress at all from me this month, however, since my console is currently full with installed games and a hefty capture gallery, I went and bought another PS4 (1TB Uncharted 4 LE) and I installed 13 games on it that I've purchased in the last year but never played due to lack of space, lol.

Incoming E-ranks for Wolfenstein: The New Order & The Old Blood, Dishonoured, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Final Fantasy X | X-II HD Remaster, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Assassin's Creed Unity, The Division, Overwatch, DOOM, Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection and Uncharted 4. :(

Started playing LittleBigPlanet Karting as the servers close this month and Diablo III (pre-RoS) and got both of those games to "A". Finished of the DLC for Frobisher Says! but that game was already an "A" rank. Proteus went from "F" to "C" and got 1 trophy in Freedom Wars to eliminate the "F" rank. Installed a couple of new Vita games and a couple of PS4 games. Can't believe I've almost got the Platinum for The Division and it's still a "B" rank :(

So, another month of adding to my workload and an increase in bad ranks, despite earning 104 trophies this month and hitting Level 14 on PSN, lol. Oh well.

EDIT 31/07/16

Added Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Rank "D"

Added Magic Orbz Rank "C",

Upgraded FROBISHER SAYS! to "S",

Added Tom Clancy's The Division Rank "B",

Added LittleBigPlanet Karting Rank "A",

Upgraded FREEDOM WARS to Rank "E",

Added Battleborn Rank "B",

Added Battle Ages Rank "F",

Added Diablo III Rank "A",

Added Run Sackboy! Run! Rank "E",

Upgraded Proteus to "C",

Added Touch My Katamari Rank "E",

Upgraded Treasures of Montezuma Blitz to "B",

Added Table Top Racing: World Tour Rank "E"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Damn I was like is olimoo´s boost your grades thread still up, since I never got quoted for it :awesome:

Nice work for updating everyone again (or atleast updating everyone at 1 august)

However I was a bit too late finishing literally 3 games after you have updated it :D

Edited by MvP-BumperKlever

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's unlikely that I'm going to reach all of my goals. I might get from 17 As to 15 As, but I just can't see myself going back to many other games. But we'll see what I do until the end of 2016, it's a hobby that's supposed to be enjoyable and I do whatever I feel like doing, it can't be fully planned.

Not counting the games I'm currenly playing, what I want to complete at some point (though not necessarily this year) is

- Ciel nosurge Offline

- Resonance of Fate

- Toukiden Kiwami

- Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix

- Ragnarok Odyssey ACE

That'd be one C, one E and three A that would turn into five S.

Also, if we do this again next year, I'm going to set myself a bit of a challenge for the S ranked games, this year was definitely too easy. Even if I don't intend to complete games that are already on my list, I am going to complete enough new games to get about 15 to 30 S a year. Maybe more.

edit: Forgot to write about my plans for this month. Here goes:

- Get the platinum in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep: There's not much more to do, just have to beat some optional bosses with Terra and Ventus.

- Get the platinum in Amnesia: Memories: It's free on PS+. I'm not exactly a fan of visual novels, but don't hate them either. I wouldn't get this without PS+, but it's relatively short and free, so I'm going to get that plat.

- Get the platinum in God Eater Resurrection: Just started, this will be my main objective this month as it takes longer than the rest.

- Whatever else I feel like doing if the month's not over after these three games.

Edited by viech54

I'm just short of my S rank goal (first post isn't updated, no big deal if it gets skipped this round), A's hovering around where I want it... and everything lower is just kind of sitting and rotting. Really should go back and clean those up instead of starting new ones all the time.  :facepalm:

I did know it was a lofty goal at the start, but I thought I'd have pushed myself to beat at least a couple of those by now.

Edited by SyIaris

I'm just short of my S rank goal (first post isn't updated, no big deal if it gets skipped this round), A's hovering around where I want it... and everything lower is just kind of sitting and rotting. Really should go back and clean those up instead of starting new ones all the time.  :facepalm:

I did know it was a lofty goal at the start, but I thought I'd have pushed myself to beat at least a couple of those by now.

Sorry I missed you, I must have just skipped over it. It's updated now.

I hope that doesn't mean that I forgot to save a whole edit of that post (and lose the progress).  :S  I'll verify a few of other peoples' grades a bit later to check.

Edited by olimoo101

Sorry I missed you, I must have just skipped over it. It's updated now.

I hope that doesn't mean that I forgot to save a whole edit (and lose the progress).  :S  I'll verify a few of other peoples' grades a bit later to check.

Hey, no worries. I wouldn't have minded, especially since I didn't meet anything this month. Thanks, though.  :)

• Like 1

I know my part is out of date, but here are my plans for the month:

• Get 99% completion in the following games that will be for the Platinum Rain Day event: Psychonauts(PS2 classic), OKAGE Shadow King(PS2 Classic), Rogue Galaxy(PS2 Classic), Ratchet and Clank 2(HD collection), Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time(even if I have to spend a whole day playing that stupid Qwark arcade game to get 10000 points on it!), Ratchet and Clank Into the Nexus
  • Platinum Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix even if it kills me.
  • Get S rank in all the following non-platinum games: Ape Escape 2(PS2 Classic), A Boy and his Blob, Song of the Deep(PS4)
  • Work on other games if I can - with Dragon Quest VII coming out on the 3DS this month, that may be hard.

Shout out to DetectiveCJ who only has to platinum Dark Cloud 2, Rogue Galaxy or Persona 4 Golden to complete all of his goals!

Oh dammit olimoo! :angry:

• WORK ON DARK CLOUD 2 AND PERSON 4 GOLDEN!!!!
Edited by DetectiveCJ

I know I haven't posted recently, but I've been working in silence lol. I plan on going back and reevaluating my goals a bit better soon. I know I won't get to the ones I currently have. For one, there are games on my profile at E or D rank that have been shutdown (Gotham City Imposters is a prime example). So I can't really ever get to 0 E or D ranks because of this. I also calculated my C rank goals based on assuming I took my E and D ranks to a C and stopped, and didn't raise any of my C ranks either. However, ending with less than my goal of C ranks could actually be a good thing if it means I got more games above that than I expected.

TL;DR I'm reevaluating my goals and pressing onward!

Totally forgot about this. :( Started 10 brand new games in August and that has put me a bit behind. Then I started going for Plat on UC3, which would move an A rank to... An A rank. I also started a new character in Dark Souls to reach end game so I could help people with Gwyn.

I'm hoping to go back to a few of my August games as I clear up UC3 and Helldivers, we shall see.

• 3 weeks later...

I am terrible and I grossly underestimated the power of apathy...

This was another month where I was chasing a backlog server closure with Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood. This was a PS+ game years ago I think and noticed I had it in my collection so I dedicated quite a few hours into getting the online trophies before they were lost to the ether. At least it went straight to Rank "A" in the process, but it meant I couldn't dedicate time to other games. I also started Tom Clancy's EndWar for the same reason as the servers are supposed to already be closed, but for some reason are working.

I also grinded out the All That Glitters trophy in Diablo III for Diablo III Platinum Trophy! Used about a week of this month to get that one, but again that one entered the list at Rank "A" already as I got to that rank in a day.

I set up my racing rig again this month so started some new racing games, DRIVECLUB and Assetto Corsa.

I started some games too, just to have them on my Trophy Advisor, before I remembered I wasn't supposed to be doing that, lol.

So, I'm doing more adding to the list rather than boosting the grades, but having a full time physical job takes a bit out of me and exhaustion and apathy contributed to my backwards slide this month. Oh well. Such is life.

Added Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood Rank "A",

Added LittleBigPlanet Rank "E",

Added Overwatch: Origins Edition Rank "E",

Added DRIVECLUB Rank "E",

Added LittleBigPlanet 2 Rank "E",

Added Tom Clancy's EndWar Rank "E",

Added NBA 2K17: The Prelude Rank "S" (!!!),

Added Assetto Corsa Rank "B",

Upgraded Borderlands to Rank "B",

Upgraded Diablo III to Rank "S" (Platinum baby!!!),

Added Altered Beast Rank "B" (Old game upgraded from "C" but not on list as was PS3 game)

• Like 1