Is this trophy list easy, and if so why?

Precise--Rhythm

Many of us have never played this game, but seeing as how this was an RPG during the ps2's golden age of RPGs, many of us will give this game a shot. For those who have played the game and remember it well, how hard will this platinum be and roughly how long will it take to complete?

Edited by Zozobobo57

Disclaimer: It has been an extremely long time since I played this

Most of the trophies seem to be from story progression, clearing the various sidequests, and other random tasks that shouldn't pose any problem throughout the course of normal play.  Sidequests can be easily overlooked if you're not diligent about talking to NPCs, some might be missable if you progress too far in the story but I cannot remember for certain which ones might be affected by this

I do not think any of the Tiny Gears (collectables) are missable

Level 70 might take a little bit of grinding on Bad Poetry Golems in the final dungeon.  The Q of Hearts is a rare drop off an enemy that only shows up in the final dungeon and one specific boss fight and might require a little farming

Altogether it's fairly short and not particularly difficult, I'd say around 25-30 hours or so would be plenty enough to do everything

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been farming the Q of Hearts as it's the last trophy I need for the platinum and it has been one hell of a grind. Maybe my luck's just bad but the only choice I have left to fight the Masterless Swords (which drop the weapon) is to fight them in the final dungeon and I've also coupled that with some general grinding, so I've been fighting only Masterless Swords and Bad Poetry Golems. Most of my team is level 99 (only Big Bull and Epros remain untouched) and I've been grinding/farming for fifteen hours now. No drop. I think I'm going insane. This one drop has taken me almost as long as it took me to get through the entire game itself. 

I've been farming the Q of Hearts as it's the last trophy I need for the platinum and it has been one hell of a grind. Maybe my luck's just bad but the only choice I have left to fight the Masterless Swords (which drop the weapon) is to fight them in the final dungeon and I've also coupled that with some general grinding, so I've been fighting only Masterless Swords and Bad Poetry Golems. Most of my team is level 99 (only Big Bull and Epros remain untouched) and I've been grinding/farming for fifteen hours now. No drop. I think I'm going insane. This one drop has taken me almost as long as it took me to get through the entire game itself. 

That sounds... considerably worse than what I had anticipated based on the information I had at hand.  I suppose there is always the possibility the drop rate on it was nerfed in the PS4 release.  Or the RNG has a vendetta against you.  But at least one other person has unlocked that trophy so it does still exist

I farmed for 20 hours for the Q of hearts then I just started another file and went as fast as I could to the Phantom Evil King boss where there's 4 masterless swords spawns. That only took me 2 hours to farm and to get the loot drop I needed, I have no idea how the first guy did it but that was my solution.

That sounds... considerably worse than what I had anticipated based on the information I had at hand.  I suppose there is always the possibility the drop rate on it was nerfed in the PS4 release.  Or the RNG has a vendetta against you.  But at least one other person has unlocked that trophy so it does still exist

i haven't played this game, but i only wanted to clarify that this is just a PS2 emulation, that means the game is 100% the same as its original PS2 release, they only added trophies, upgraded 1080p resolution and other streaming features but they didn't touched anything else in the game's code so all of it is exactly the same as before.

Edited by smellslikejavier

I farmed for 20 hours for the Q of hearts then I just started another file and went as fast as I could to the Phantom Evil King boss where there's 4 masterless swords spawns. That only took me 2 hours to farm and to get the loot drop I needed, I have no idea how the first guy did it but that was my solution.

The boss definitely feels like the way to go here. The battle is guaranteed to have 4 masterless swords, and you can see long before you start tacking that annoying boss whether the weapon dropped.

I finally managed to get the darn thing to drop. I actually recorded it for others like me that didn't have any saves before the Phantom Evil King. Felt nice as it finally gave me the platinum I needed. B^)

(excuse the long portions of nothing happening in the video)

Honestly, like one guy said before me, I could have replayed the game and gotten the drop at the Phantom Evil King fight but I couldn't let it beat me. 

• Like 1

So just to be clear there's nothing missable here? Just annoying drops? On Chapter 3 (barely started it) and just wondering. If that's the case that's alright; I got Forging Master in NieR so I can put up with it (on Xbox 360). 

I'm almost positive there is nothing miss-able, and only one annoying drop (the Q of Hearts), and even that isn't annoying if you farm it on the Phantom Evil King (it took me 8 resets, and two were due to deaths). While some sidequests are indeed missable, the ones pertaining to trophies (item swap, Cipher-text, message in a bottle) seem to be available forever.

The boss definitely feels like the way to go here. The battle is guaranteed to have 4 masterless swords, and you can see long before you start tacking that annoying boss whether the weapon dropped.

So, I'm going to say outright that you should DEFINITELY farm this on the boss fight. I am currently working towards the Varsity trophy, and I have never encountered a Masterless Sword in the library. I know they're there, but so are a lot of other things. That would be incredibly annoying to farm at that point.

Edited by starcrunch061

• 1 month later...

Right, I farmed the boss for the Q of Hearts, it took like an hour and a half. Damn swords just wouldn't drop any chests. I think it would be a pain in the ass to farm masterless swords in the library. I'm there now, and I have encountered a few swords, but you're better off with the boss.

• 3 months later...

Been farming the boss for 3 hours or so... still no Q of Hearts.

Farming endgame just to level up to level 70 (86 right now) Only fought the masterless swords and the one with the golem.

This droprate is ridiculous :facepalm:

EDIT

3 hours later finally I got the Q of Hearts... well I got it Twice :blink:

Edited by Mr_Marty84

• 4 weeks later...

Q of Hearts is the worst trophy, took me ages to get lucky enough for it to actually drop from the boss battle. And I had to do the boss 3 times after grinding because I kept dying from him. lol~ Which made it all that much longer for the thing to redrop so I could try again. What a pain.

Otherwise the trophies are pretty simple, though some of the hidden gears are tedious and the guides I was using were not worded that well so a few of them were super confusing.

Edited by Elvick_

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

queen of hearts trophy was painfully insane for me.... but i never gave up on it.

give or take about 8 hours or so it took.

probably got the worst part of it all, rest is grinding and the last parts of the game.

Edited by kingdrake2

What about Epros' skill, Soul Binding? It turns a weakened enemy into an item. Am trying that right now, at least to get Epros to Level 70. I've dealt with extremely rare monsters with extremely rare drops - I've managed to get a Bagon to summon a Salamance in Route 3 on Pokemon Sun, so I know the feeling. But I have to platinum this stupid game or it'll be in my deathbed. :(

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old post, but I think my strategy will just make a second file when I get up to the boss to farm for Q of Hearts, finish up the game and then farm the second file since I don't want to dilute my enjoyment of the story with 2+ hours of farming.

Easy list, but a bit time consuming. The game has some grind, but depends a lot on if you wanna level to make it easier or if you can progress without doing so. The bosses can be difficult, but usually a way to kill them on a low level if you're using a good tactic and maybe with some luck.

Only thing you have to watch out for is creating an extra save before the boss in the desert (near a tower). I recommend you grind a bit, leveling, before this boss. Do remember to keep a spare save from this point. Game allows multiple save slots, so no excuse not to do so. This is so you can get that Q Heart stuff from the boss. It's just pointless grinding for it in the final dungeon. I tried, for many hours. It's rare you meet the enemy, and it's rare it will drop what you want, so don't bother. You're far better off just replaying that boss with 4 of the enemies or whatever always spawning with the boss. Doesn't take long to do that way.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...