GTA 6 to be set in Tokyo (maybe).

JapanimeGamer

No they said this won't be happening they said it would be hard to take GTA outside of the US.

EDIT: As this link is from theLADbible on facebook i'm not sure how accurate this is 

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/it-looks-like-gta-vi-could-be-in-the-works-270316

Edited by EternalChaos72

I can only post the link sorry, no other information.

But this is a quote from the link for those who don't like clickity click ;)

'Rockstar Games was considering making a "full" Grand Theft Auto game set in Tokyo and even sent staff to the Japanese city for a research trip'.

Personally I would love to see the game change countries, I would have expected London over Tokyo.

Also I found this (although it means nothing when you see the date)...

'In 2003 Rockstar applied for trademarks to protect "GTA: Tokyo" and "GTA: Bogota,"

I love a good rumour :)

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Just putting it out there as a 'maybe'.

We hear that GTA 6 is in very early production, we know Rock star visited and almost made GTA Tokyo some years ago... we know they reserved the trademark for GTA Tokyo...

I hope we hear more soon, even if it just to rubbish any rumours.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I can't see it happening personally. The largest market for the series is in the U.S., and if the series was to continue with its satirical, pop culture-heavy style then they'd be alienating a lot of people by basing the sequel in Japan. It's a shame really because I would personally love for Rockstar to take the series outside of the U.S. again, but Grand Theft Auto has entrenched itself firmly on American soil. 

My money would be on a return to Vice City. However, if it were up to I'd love another multi-city adventure like San Andreas, or a city like Chicago.

• Like 2

Can you edit the title please? The link is basically an idea of many years ago that was scraped and the reasons why, making the possibility almost of happening almost 0%.

Plus, they never hint that 6 will be in Tokyo.

• Like 1

Ah the GTA rumor's again it's always tokyo or london why not have one set in mexico or africa.

To be fair, they already did London! :)

And San Andreas was just some few kilo meters away from Mexico.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Ah the GTA rumor's again it's always tokyo or london why not have one set in mexico or africa.

Mexico or Africa? You wot m8? 

Why not have it in Belgium or Asia. 

Yeah Asia would be a great country to set it in. 

Africa as a country doesn't appeal to me. 

Mexico would be bland, we all know Mexicans only say "ese" and whine "homes" when frustrated... it's like a groan but in Mexican. So it's wouldn't be called Grand Theft Auto VI, it would be called Ese Ese Ese Homes .

Furthermore kidnapping children, stealing people's jobs and building a wall for Trump doesn't sound like a fun gta game tbh. 

Okay I'm lying that sounds like a great game. 

I'm only joking bois...

it sounds like a terrible game. 

Edited by AlphaTrash
  • Like 1

I'd like to see it happen but i'm certain that it won't. There's the tiny possibility of a non-main series title, but the one-dimensional GTA satire won't work with a culture that already seems extremely alien to the west.