Uncovered Final Fantasy XV Trailer and MORE!

Xel

PSA: To anyone who wants one of the 30,000 super obnoxious collector's edition of Final Fantasy XV you better get to the square-enix store right now, because it's only available there and it will be gone in minutes if not seconds.

It's on sale now for $269.99

Edited by soultaker655

Getting a teeny bit more hyped for the game. I was originally skeptical about the story but the first trailer gave me a little more optimism about it. The song at the end of the second trailer made me laugh a lot for some reason.

The environments look really amazing too. I anticipate exploring them (whenever I get the game).

Didn't watch the rest of the trailers.

Just watched the first episode of the anime. It was honestly not bad, but nobody can't really say much as it was 10 minutes of fast exposition, eating food, and a bunch of nothing.

It's surprisingly light on the cringe, unlike the game so far. Prompto needs to die as soon as digitally possible, and his forced entry as "comical relief" can go suck a fat one. His jokes are childish and his clumsiness is just annoying. 

The animation is good, although not much is organic. A lot of the animation seems like static images that slightly move around. However, a lot of anime series have this issue, it seems. (drawing of person's face, mouth moves up and down for 10 seconds, lot of dialogue) The stills/designs/colors are very vibrant and high quality though.

Voice acting is Japanese, which I don't care for much. I prefer dubs myself (Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball, etc), but it's surprisingly not as melodramatic as some other anime has been. The grunts, ughs, hnnngs, gasps, and oddly misplaced choke-noises are kept to a minimum, which is great. For people that hate that melodrama crap, this is a Godsent.

Story is non-existing. It's only 10 minutes. 

The characters are not the anime's fault, though it has your typical, very unoriginal setup. A snarky, brooding main character with a troubled past who likes to eat; something we've never seen before in anime/games. An older, more serious, tough guy (in fact, he's so tough that he keeps his shirt unbuttoned. DAMN SON.). A wiser, more collected guy with matching glasses that he WILL push up with all his fingers at some point. In case you weren't convinced of his smart-status already, the English version makes him British! Then you have the cringe-worthy mentally inept "comic relief" clumsy idiot who causes you to roll your eyes so far back into your head that you can see into the past.

Overal, 7/10 so far.

I know nobody asked for this. I'm just bored.

Edited by Paige-ID

Just watched the first episode of the anime. It was honestly not bad, but nobody can't really say much as it was 10 minutes of fast exposition, eating food, and a bunch of nothing.

It's surprisingly light on the cringe, unlike the game so far. Prompto needs to die as soon as digitally possible, and his forced entry as "comical relief" can go suck a fat one. His jokes are childish and his clumsiness is just annoying. 

The animation is good, although not much is organic. A lot of the animation seems like static images that slightly move around. However, a lot of anime series have this issue, it seems. (drawing of person's face, mouth moves up and down for 10 seconds, lot of dialogue) The stills/designs/colors are very vibrant and high quality though.

Voice acting is Japanese, which I don't care for much. I prefer dubs myself (Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball, etc), but it's surprisingly not as melodramatic as some other anime has been. The grunts, ughs, hnnngs, gasps, and oddly misplaced choke-noises are kept to a minimum, which is great. For people that hate that melodrama crap, this is a Godsent.

Story is non-existing. It's only 10 minutes. 

The characters are not the anime's fault, though it has your typical, very unoriginal setup. A snarky, brooding main character with a troubled past who likes to eat; something we've never seen before in anime/games. An older, more serious, tough guy (in fact, he's so tough that he keeps his shirt unbuttoned. DAMN SON.). A wiser, more collected guy with matching glasses that he WILL push up with all his fingers at some point. In case you weren't convinced of his smart-status already, the English version makes him British! Then you have the cringe-worthy mentally inept "comic relief" clumsy idiot who causes you to roll your eyes so far back into your head that you can see into the past.

Overal, 7/10 so far.

I know nobody asked for this. I'm just bored.

Is the Disc Version Dubbed?

Is the Disc Version Dubbed?

Probably isn't.  It's like a small side project they are doing.  The last FF anime "On the Way to a Smile: Episode Denzel", which came with FFVII Advent Children Complete, was just subbed.

I don't really mind as I don't always need to read the subs anyways.  But I can see why some people would want a dubbed version.  There's always fan dubs but I doubt there will be official ones.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

I'm kinda wary of the amount of tie-in materials they're showing for this game. A lot of games these days seem to have tie-in materials and sometimes it feels like they end up making the games themselves feel lesser because they leave out explanations and details that are parts of those tie-ins. It can leave parts of the game harder to understand or even looking like poor writing at times if you didn't see or know about the extra stuff. An example would be in Prototype 2 Alex Mercer now appears to be evil purely for the lulz but there was a tie-in comic where his motivation is explained as him slowly losing faith in humanity after seeing how evil they could be for no reason. Or characters from Infamous who don't get any mention in Infamous 2 because they were killed in its tie-in comic series. Not saying tie-in stuff can't be done well but it can end up looking really lazy. 

I'm excited to try the new demo though that's an interesting way to do it by showing off something that uses the mechanics but isn't part of the main game itself and will reward you in the main game for having played it. I wish more companies did demos with how easy digital distribution makes it for the consumer to access it compared to the past but I guess that would mean letting us know their games are underwhelming and broken ahead of time.