Servers Will Shut Down on May 31st

alien713

T'was shitty of them to shut it down so promptly.  Shut down at 12:20am GMT-8 May 31st.

I was only 4 stars away and had the last street challenge done.  When it went to sync, the system said it could not connect to the Smart As servers.

Boo Hiss.... Seriously.

T'was shitty of them to shut it down so promptly.  Shut down at 12:20am GMT-8 May 31st.

I was only 4 stars away and had the last street challenge done.  When it went to sync, the system said it could not connect to the Smart As servers.

Boo Hiss.... Seriously.

Promptly? They gave 45 days notice it was happening...

Thankfully today the game managed to get my location and was able to get the last star, and with it the platinum.

Glad it worked for you.

I really enjoyed this game so its sad to see the support dropped. Understandable though as i doubt many people still play it.

I got a new street smart challenge and it let me play so the plat might still be possible will keep track of it for the next 4 to 14 weeks and will send a post here if I get my trophy for 50 stars and 100 stars on street smart mode if anyone gets any of the street smart trophies post it here so people will know well wish me luck lmao

It would be a total blunder and waste of Sony's time for them to update their own server shutdown page (https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/gameservers/), send a message about it shutting down 45 days before it's due to shut down and then just *not* shut it down. You keep holding on to blind hope. The rest of us will just go ahead expect it to get shut down when announced.

Ouch, didn't know LittleBigPlanet for PSP still had active online features.

ipkak can u sync the smart as server on street smart challenge ???

Nope. It fails to sign into Smart As World, since the servers went offline.

Just say no to the sign in to PSN and get the latest data question when you're entering Smart As World.

@jka121 do you mean there is a new challenge each game load now, have you checked how many challenges there are in the pool? This is promising news in the sense the server closure might not make the game unachievable after all, if there are enough challenges...

I get a new one every time I load the game, But it's the same challenge every time. It says it a 'New' challenge as well, so the game still thinks I haven't played it. Its not from a different city, it's the same on Im in currently. I've only got about 5 stars from it so idk if it's adding up or not.

EDIT: now I'm not getting anymore challenges

Edited by jka121

@ars iv also gotten new challenge this past Friday and should get another new challenge in 5days from now I have about 38/100 so in less then 2 to 3 weeks from now i should get my trophy for 50stars so all i can say is wish me luck lmao and ill post It here if I get my trophy for getting 50stars

Edited by GRIM-REAPERx1984

Trophies are still obtainable.

I got the 20 stars trophy an hour ago.
Had 6+7 stars last couple weeks. After today's reset, got 7 more for 20 total. Again, the game was able to find me a new challenge np.

Just make sure you say "No" when the game asks you "Sign in to Playstation Network and get the latest Smart As World data?".

I now have 42/100 and should reach my 50 stars mark in 2weeks from now and my 100 stars mark in 15weeks from now or less I'm only working with 1 city and going for the trophies legit so I can only get 4 stars per week now sense there getting harder so I'm going to take my time and finish the absolute genius and rocket science trophies before I get my 100th star on street smart challenge mode

I just received my silver trophy for 50 points. The trophies will still pop for this even though it won't show you you're cumulative street smart score as you can't log in to the PSN network through the game anymore. Keep on playing as you can still get these online trophies even without logging into the PSN profile through the game.

I now have 42/100 and should reach my 50 stars mark in 2weeks from now and my 100 stars mark in 15weeks from now or less I'm only working with 1 city and going for the trophies legit so I can only get 4 stars per week now sense there getting harder so I'm going to take my time and finish the absolute genius and rocket science trophies before I get my 100th star on street smart challenge mode lmao

ftfy