What was your first game ever played(title-arcade,console or pc)and at what age?

GeorgeGianno

there's no way on this Earth I can remember that far back. 

but if I was just gonna go off My memory, then I would have to go with I wanna say pong but it could be da 1 wit da guy swinging from vine to vine and jumping ova alligators.

name is on da tip of My tong but I just can't remember da name.

The first game I remember playing was Sonic the Hedgehog 2

sonic-the-hedgehog-2-gen-cover-full-3019

• I have no problems that this was my first game, and I absolutely fell in love with it, although I never beat it. I always got stuck on the airship level. :shakefist:
  • I still like Sonic the Hedgehog but not as much as I used too. I find recent games to be lacking although I found Sonic Generations to a great step in the right direction and think it recaptured some of the magic from the older games.
  • Played it in 1997 so I was four
Edited by Noire_Symphony

Dead Space....about 2 years ago. It was a prank, as I did not really know what I was doing as I sat in the dark in front of the tv......worst freak out of my life. I had never even watched a video game being played beforehand....gah, one of the scariest experiences of my life.

It is a pretty cool story to tell, so I don't regret it being my first, but I didn't like the second too much.

Resident Evil (1996), Capcom did a pretty good job back in the 90s, as for the voice acting...HILIAROUS, enough really to say. Game gave me a creepy vibe. 

I may be one of the only ones to say this but I'm only disappointed with RE4 and Gaiden (given it was Gameboy Color game), the others were pretty good. Especially enjoyed how they did the Outbreak games.

Edited by BSAA_Operative

This probably doesn't surprise any of you, given my reputation (as in my avatar/title).  Just about the only other game from them that really stands out for me (that's still going) is the Yakuza series.

sonic1.jpg

Sonic 1 on Sega Master System when I was 4 (1991).  I still think Sonic is generally fun, though I'm not a fan of the "collect things to advance", as in Sun/Moon medals in Unleashed.  I don't think 2006 was as bad as people make it out to be, what killed it for me was the loading times for EVERY FRIKKIN THING.  I don't really mind Heroes or Shadow either, even if I've run into plenty of physics problems in Heroes.  I think the Generations (PS3 version) is easily the best game since 3 & K (although the 3DS version is way worse, but still a decent game). Colors was okay, but I wasn't too much of a fan of the alien powers gimmick.  I will say that I'm looking forward to the multiple Sonic games confirmed for this year.

• Like 1

My first game was Super Mario World on the gameboy pockect at the age of 5 I think. I know the game came out before me (1989 it came out and I was born in 1991, my mother thought that I could not be responible with expensive things and boy was she right :D) but I loved it so much.

536px-SarasalandBoxArt.png

Edited by Dragooonbane

The first game I ever played shockingly wasn't a Sonic game  :blink:  It was Super Mario Bros 3 on the NES, I was 5. Do I wish it was something else? No, it was because of Mario that I became a huge fan of platformers ^_^ Though I'm Probably a bigger Sonic fan now I still owe alot to Mario :pimp:

No way in hell can I remember what the first game I ever played was. We have pictures of me in diapers playing video games, I will say though that my first gaming memories are of Super Monaco GP, ToeJam & Earl and Sonic the Hedgehog on the Genesis.

Parker

Super Mario Bros. (NES)

I first played it back in late '89 or early '90, I can't remember which, but I feel in love with the game and was hooked, and here we are some 23 years later and I still play video games almost daily, who would have thought back then that it'd turn into a life long hobby. I still love that game, and still own it to this day (not the same copy), I like to put it on from time to time and run though the game for fun.

As far as my thoughts on the series now, it's pretty much meh. Sadly the Mario franchise tends to just reguratate the same ideas (NSMB) with the occasional flashes of brilliance (Galaxy) and a lot of spinoffs and cash ins. My biggest problem with the games now is the decline in difficulty, New Super Mario Bros. 2 was a joke, as the coin collection aspect assured you'd never run out of lives, and Mario 3D Land was fun, but it was very easy and got repetitive after a while. I still love the older games though, I could play Mario 3 and Mario World all day and not get bored, good times there.