The Last of Us: 'American Daughters' poster found in U4

skiptracing

Haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, so I don't know where this is found, but here it is.

Db0NS9ul.jpg

What do you guys think? This obviously is a comic cover because of the art style and the Dark Horse logo, but do you think it's relevant to a new TLoU? Some people have been saying it's a pregnant Ellie but that can't be, since she's wearing a gas mask.

Thoughts?

Just because they put in a TLOU easter egg in the game doesn't mean they're going to make a TLOU 2 with a pregnant Ellie. Developers put references from their past projects in the game all the time, nothing worth going crazy over.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Maybe she needs the gas mask during her pregnancy for her unborn child? I'm not sure but they are definitely going to make a Last of Us 2 given that the first one had so much success, that seems like one of the games Naughty Dog will put their focus on after Uncharted 4.

I don't think that's Ellie. She's a lesbian, remember?

I don't think that's necessarily true. In a post-apocalyptic world love is hard to find, there aren't a lot of people left, especially around her age. She's a young teenage girl, probably with raging hormones. She found someone she was very comfortable with, loved spending time with and actually made her feel safe. I don't think it mattered if it was a boy or a girl. Gender probably isn't a big deal in a world like the last of us'.

As for the poster. It might be hinting at something, or at least teasing (not necessarily to TLoU2). Normally easter eggs are very recognizable, well established things (like a stuffed Jak and Daxter on a shelf). The character in the poster isn't recognizable and even the title is obscured. While I'm sure it says "the last of us", it could aswell be "host virus" for all we know. It's a bit too obscure to be a true easter egg I think.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

Wishful thinking. The Last of Us comic series is subtitled "American Dreams". "American Daughters" is a natural progression in theme. And the Dark Horse logo seals it. Druckmann said he was playing with sequel concepts before he was told to stop and work on Uncharted, but this is obviously referring to a comic series that could be a sequel to American Dreams if it exists at all.

I don't think that's Ellie. She's a lesbian, remember?

She could be bi for all we know.

Anyways, this is 99% a comic. Maybe a prequel, focusing on Ellie's mother? If a hypothetical game will be focusing on Ellie's mother as well, the comic could be some kind of prologue. Showing who Ellie's father is and whatnot, setting the story up for the game. If there is one.

Edited by Abaddon

I'm guessing Ellie's mother. I think Ellie is smart enough not to fall pregnant during the apocalypse. :P

I like this.  And just because two girls are running around alone in a mall it doesn't mean they are gay!  

Also, it could be Ellie.

Remember the restaurant?  

I like this.  And just because two girls are running around alone in a mall it doesn't mean they are gay!  

Also, it could be Ellie.

Remember the restaurant?  

It bugs me that people automatically think that. As a female, I would say most girls have kissed a female friend once as it doesn't mean anything.

And nothing happened in the restaurant. Ellie made sure of that

Why can't it be just a poster? there's tons of easter eggs of everything ND related in the game, maybe it's just one more.

I like how it turned into a topic about figuring out if Ellie is gay or not

Also, it could be Ellie.

Remember the restaurant?  

I remember a unicorn with a machete instead of a horn, no sexy time though

• 3 weeks later...

I found this when I was playing,pretty awesome.Do not let the Dark Horse logo deceive you cuz there will be a TLoU 2 for sure and this very easter egg is a hint at it,if you think Sony won't make a TLoU 2 after the huge success of TLoU...well think again.Anyway it's definitely Ellie there and she looks pregnant indeed...I'm glad someone else noticed.

Although I must point something else which I guess I was the only one who noticed...it ain't "The Last of Us" anymore at least not on the poster,"of Us" is still there and maybe "The" too but there is another word replacing "Last" there.You can see by the shape of "S" which should be the letter before "T" on "Last"...compare to the shape of the "S" on "Us".