Your Next Game - The Lottery 5 (event closed)

I've played several music games, including the two Rocksmith games, which require a real guitar. I was thinking about finally entering the next lottery if I can get in in time. But I wouldn't recommend one of those... Or would I?

Honestly the hardest level in the entire game to ace is one of the side levels. It requires you to make a big circle collecting bubbles while jumping from pillar to pillar. You actually have to make the entire loop twice. The jump timing and your speed have to be spot on. The worst thing abut the bunker is that the wheel is like 80% of the way through the level. Just practice it a bunch of times and then start trying full runs, it's not as bad as it seems.

I've actually done the prize bubbles twice, since my first ps3 bricked and I didn't realize you have to export the profiles, and not the save game data. You can do most of the 2 and 4 player bubbles by yourself if you've got the controllers, but a couple are a real pita. I'd be willing to help with those sometime if you guys want, I haven't been real motivated to play any or my other games lately anyway.

You're an outlier.  How do I know?  Because you're ruining my graph.

I did it. I played Witcher for 4 hours last night on "Story and Sword" I am so glad I switched. Side boobs are the best.

:eyebrow:

See, there are crazy people out there in the world like Hemiak who might recommend Rocksmith. I know there's probably a 1% chance of getting a game like that, but knowing my luck, I'd be the one to defy the odds. Getting a very hard game or an embarrassingly bad game doesn't bother me at all, but just the thought of getting something like Rocksmith sends shivers down my spine and sends me running away from the internet when the sign-ups start for each Lottery.

Yep, I'm a chicken but I just have no desire to risk spending hundreds on musical instruments for a game or even worse, buying an actual guitar. I'm perfectly happy with my comfortable safe seat on the sidelines.  I'll just continue to live vicariously through all of you.  :)

That's honestly what I was afraid of also but sometimes you have to take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!  :lol:

• Like 3

See, there are crazy people out there in the world like Hemiak who might recommend Rocksmith. I know there's probably a 1% chance of getting a game like that, but knowing my luck, I'd be the one to defy the odds. Getting a very hard game or an embarrassingly bad game doesn't bother me at all, but just the thought of getting something like Rocksmith sends shivers down my spine and sends me running away from the internet when the sign-ups start for each Lottery.

Yep, I'm a chicken but I just have no desire to risk spending hundreds on musical instruments for a game or even worse, buying an actual guitar. I'm perfectly happy with my comfortable safe seat on the sidelines.  I'll just continue to live vicariously through all of you.  :)

There's an even worse possible option you could get, its called Time Crisis Razing Storm. And of course i had to be that guy.

• Like 3

I'd actually love to see an installment of the lottery where everyone played embarrassingly bad games  :giggle:   Just imagine the banter on the thread, it would be hilarious!

• Like 2

Don't worry! I've got your back!

Says the guy who stuck the knife (Witcher III) in, in the first place :awesome:

There's an even worse possible option you could get, its called Time Crisis Razing Storm. And of course i had to be that guy.

I could have chosen something like OlliOlli 2 instead :P

I'd actually love to see an installment of the lottery where everyone played embarrassingly bad games  :giggle:   Just imagine the banter on the thread, it would be hilarious!

Good idea, we could call it The Lottery X - Wherein FDG picks a game from his list for everyone :awesome:

• Like 3

Don't worry! I've got your back!

Says the guy who stuck the knife (Witcher III) in, in the first place :awesome:

Thanks Edunstar! And its not like it is a boring game, I really enjoy the story. The combat is not my style, but I'll make do!

• Like 2

Well, I beat Atelier Totori a few minutes ago. My playthrough clocked in at about 22 hours and then ended abruptly during one of my fast travels.

Totori just said, "OH! I have to renew my license today!" and ran back to the Adventurer's Guild, only to get into an argument with the kid working the desk and say, "hmph! I don't need my stinkin' license renewed, jerk face!" and stormed out. Then the game gave me a text dump and said "fin." :|

I was just starting to get into it and the game went from, "I'll go here to get stuff." to "Whatever. Everyone piss off!" in like 45 seconds. :jaymon:

I guess I should follow some kind of guide because there's like 10 different endings and I'm seeing things like needing $500,000 by the end of story... uuuhhh, yeah. :blink:

Anywho. I'm gonna take a tiny break from the game and research different methods for another, more fruitful method, before I tackle another playthrough. During that time, I'll also prepare for the "20 day number crunch" that the folks love to see. We started a couple of days late, so it might be coming out between the 5th and 7th. I dunno. :dunno:

• Like 3

I made zero progress on LittleBigPlanet today due to circumstances out of my control, I did however get the two Minecraft trophies I was missing first thing this morning so I'm back to 100% (for now...until the next DLC is released)

If I remember correctly, I used this guide for Atelier Totori: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/faqs/63157

• Like 1

I put in another bazillion hours with Aderpier Titface: The Assmuch of Gaybar today and clearly experienced my first missable.

The retarded horse and carriage driver Peter bursts into my room and bellows in my face that there's a swimsuit competition coming up and I need to speak to 8 girls to get him off. Me, being the mathematical genius that I am, immediately knows exactly which oversized-marble-eyed, emotionally unstable, overreacting, unreasonable halfwits needs to be spoken to and procedes to go to each one.

1. Yes. I'd love to help.

2. Yes. I'd love to help.

3. Yes. I'd love to help.

4. Yes. I'd love to stand next to 7 other hot girls (almost exact quote btw) cuz totally not the Asian game's token ambiguous gay hintidy hint hint wink wink nudge nudge.

5. No.

6. No. Not if #5 said no.

7. No.

8. No.

:|

I'm sorry, but wtf is going on here? Why is everyone not doing what the game wants me to do? Friendship points? Seriously?! I gave them everything they ever asked for when they came looking for stuff! :jaymon: Whatever. <_<

The day of the perv fest arrives and nobody shows up to show off their skin, so now my ridiculous couch driver is so depressed from his organizing failure, that he runs away into the woods, leaving me to travel by foot between major locations from here on out. <_<

It was a :gold: , too. <_<

This game needs to pick it up really fast. I've got several Chims (child slave labourers) working overtime and I'm crafting all of the best weapons and armour that I can and I'm still dying quite frequently. I have shelves loaded with 250+ unplayed AAA games and I'm starting to look at them a bit more intently now. I'm just scared that this game is like Ni No Kuni and doesn't get really good until around the 50-60th hour.

I dunno. :dunno: I just needed to bitch cuz slow game is slow. :( Spanks for listening.

Swimsuit competition seems totally legit.  How else can you save the world?

Well, I beat Atelier Totori a few minutes ago. My playthrough clocked in at about 22 hours and then ended abruptly during one of my fast travels.

Totori just said, "OH! I have to renew my license today!" and ran back to the Adventurer's Guild, only to get into an argument with the kid working the desk and say, "hmph! I don't need my stinkin' license renewed, jerk face!" and stormed out. Then the game gave me a text dump and said "fin." :|

I was just starting to get into it and the game went from, "I'll go here to get stuff." to "Whatever. Everyone piss off!" in like 45 seconds. :jaymon:

I guess I should follow some kind of guide because there's like 10 different endings and I'm seeing things like needing $500,000 by the end of story... uuuhhh, yeah. :blink:

Anywho. I'm gonna take a tiny break from the game and research different methods for another, more fruitful method, before I tackle another playthrough. During that time, I'll also prepare for the "20 day number crunch" that the folks love to see. We started a couple of days late, so it might be coming out between the 5th and 7th. I dunno. :dunno:

Guess it wasn't the "happy" ending xD

Uncharted Update

Despite the fact that I was at Audi for pumping water for 28 hours out of 48 I managed to finish the three speedrun chapters for the trophies and started my crushing run.

I got to chapter 4 and it's not very difficult without any enemies :giggle: but I think it will get much more difficult once the enemies appear.

When this playthrough is over the :platinum: trophy is mine. :yay:

Trophy Progress: 47/54

Percentage: 79%

Base Game: 43/46 88%

I know eff has enought replies for the no other event rule but I think it's not good to exclude people from the lottery when they are allready part of an other event.

I only would exclude people who take a place and then don't take part. Like my partner in this event :(

I think Markus was first to get the game and looks to be first to finish.  I better get crackin.  Speaking of I'll try and get some play time in while I do laundry tonight.

I made zero progress on LittleBigPlanet today due to circumstances out of my control, I did however get the two Minecraft trophies I was missing first thing this morning so I'm back to 100% (for now...until the next DLC is released)

If I remember correctly, I used this guide for Atelier Totori: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/991771-atelier-totori-the-adventurer-of-arland/faqs/63157

You can say it, LBP is a terrible terrible game :P

Edited by Quikdrawjoe
  • Like 1

Noooooo! The time has come!

Nice! :awesome:

Edit: I was taking a break and just farting around with some free Vita games (I don't want to commit to a full AAA game at this moment and my Vita hasn't been played in forever) and managed to score :bronze: #5,000 a few minutes ago. :)

Edit #2: I just noticed I eclipsed 200,000 trophy points today, too. :)

Go me! :D

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 3

Noooooo! The time has come!

Are you ready?

You really sure?

Wouldn't do it if i were you.

You'll get nightmares, won't warn you again.

This is your last chance to walk away.

dgzUa52.jpg

IT'S ABOUT TO GET REAL!!! THIS DESERVES A HAIR SWISH:

SCYsXto.gif

Good luck, its an awesome game.

This guy knows :awesome:

Nice! :awesome:

Edit: I was taking a break and just farting around with some free Vita games (I don't want to commit to a full AAA game at this moment and my Vita hasn't been played in forever) and managed to score :bronze: #5,000 a few minutes ago. :)

Edit #2: I just noticed I eclipsed 200,000 trophy points today, too. :)

Go me! :D

Don't lie you're filled with moé at playing your game again and you can't contain your excitement.

Can't wait for the weekend! Hope to have a few solid hours tomorrow to play and the whole Saturday.

• Like 1

Crushing is hard!

I'm right after the first jetski part and died about 10 times more than on normal.

The hardest part so far was in chapter 5 right befor the end of the chapter and the car part. This part requires a bit luck. Sometimes I died befor I had the chance to shot the enemies.

But it's doable if you know where the enemies come from.

I don't want to know how hard brutal will be.

• Like 2

Crushing is hard!

I'm right after the first jetski part and died about 10 times more than on normal.

The hardest part so far was in chapter 5 right befor the end of the chapter and the car part. This part requires a bit luck. Sometimes I died befor I had the chance to shot the enemies.

But it's doable if you know where the enemies come from.

I don't want to know how hard brutal will be.

Yeah the blue room and Truck turret sequence are the worst on Crushing and Brutal difficulties

Sackboy - I'm breaking up with you!

• Sensei's Lost Castle can kiss my ass  :angry:
  • Diving for Treasure Survival Challenge can kiss my ass too  :angry:  :angry:
  • Jumping is horrible...press X to do a tiny leap into fiery death  :shakefist:

Going to take a break and play something relaxing that doesn't make me want to throw my controller through the screen in frustration (Sensei's Lost Castle is seriously THE worst level design) 

Trophy Progress: 51/70

Percentage: 70%

Only the cheese and jalapeno bread I have proofing in the kitchen can save the day!  :yay:

• Like 4

Going to take a break and play something relaxing that doesn't make me want to throw my controller through the screen in frustration (Sensei's Lost Castle is seriously THE worst level design) 

Only the cheese and jalapeno bread I have proofing in the kitchen can save the day!  :yay:

I agree, the platforming mechanics in LBP1 on PS3 are garbage. The jumping is delayed and the physics make it floaty or affect the height of your jump which makes it annoying to play imo. I think they improved in LBP2 and LBP vita but its just bad in the first game.

• Like 1

I agree, the platforming mechanics in LBP1 on PS3 are garbage. The jumping is delayed and the physics make it floaty or affect the height of your jump which makes it annoying to play imo. I think they improved in LBP2 and LBP vita but its just bad in the first game.

Humm, I don't remember them being that bad. Then again I played them in order so I'm sure it wasn't as noticeable. The pressure/duration of your press affects his jump height/distance, but I'm sure you probably already knew that.
  • Like 2

:jaymon:

Ahh, yes, the ol' swimming survival challenge. ^_^

It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, then another few to perfect the strategy.

The best advice I can give is to zoom your eyesight out so that you're looking at the entire screen as a whole portrait and not just looking at Sackboy, 5 feet ahead of you and the bombs. Then, focus your sight on the future areas, or the "areas you'll be in 3 seconds from now." Make it so that Sackboy and the bombs are only in your periphery; damn near fuzzy and out of focus. Then, focus on the bubbles as a more of a path, by constantly mapping which way you'll take "on the way there" and which ones you'll "get on the way back to heading over there." The combo is the most important thing in the game; as long as you're always keeping a decent string going, the points start to flood in (pardon the pun). :giggle:

It may sound weird, but you'll be more accurate with your swimming if you keep your head up and stay looking way ahead. Like a tightrope walker; they don't look down at their feet, or the next 5 feet of rope. They keep their head straight up, look at point straight ahead and their body and feet follow like an arrow.

It only took me a few tries, but eventually, it got to the point where I had to stop swimming and kill myself on purpose because I was never gonna fail. I just kept talking to myself; "Go there... and I'll get those on the way back. Now, go theeere... and thooose coming back.

Just keep a constant path mapped and don't look at anything other than 50ft ahead of you. ;)

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 2