Your Next Game - The Lottery 5 (event closed)

Pls don't plat UC2 before I plat SAO
This is why I tend to only play on weekends but now that Markus has challenged me I'm gonna have to kick his ass (which means less sleep but more ass kicking).

You are the one challenging me not the other way round. :ninja:

• Like 2

How do people find time to play? I'm so exhausted when I get home. The first thing I do is crash, then eat. Anyway, I'll try to fit in a session today (as soon as I delete a few games from my PS3). But it depends how tired I feel. Won't be playing Remember Me this weekend. Just moved and I have to go back to clean the previous flat.

This might sound old fashioned but I'm a stay at home wife.  I was unable to work anyway for a year whilst we waited for my immigration paperwork to be sorted out, so it feels natural to be at home doing the cooking, cleaning, gardening etc.  I'm an accountant by trade, so essentially I could still work from home anyway.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 4

Always good to see a fellow human who doesn't think this is the most boring trade in the world!!

She didn't say she doesn't find it boring, she just said that was her trade. :P

Not Another LittleBigPlanet Update -_-

Aced the Metropolis levels today and got all the prize bubbles, had a lot of fun on these levels as I had pretty much forgotten how they played.  Managed to get most of the 2 player prize bubbles myself, just juggling the two controllers but my dear husband helped me too ^_^

Went back and also did the two player areas I missed on the last two Canyon levels, so that is now sat at 100% prizes obtained too.

Levels left to complete:  The Islands, The Temples and The Wilderness

Prize Bubble Percentage: 83%

If anyone would like to work together to get the 4 player prize bubbles, just let me know ^_^

With a little notice I could probably help out one night.  I'm usually not around until 8:30ish central time, though I'm usually up until midnight.  You could send me a f/r and we could see if something works.  If you see my account on Netflix though it's probably not actually me. 

Grats on making some progress with Acing.  Seems like you've finally gotten into a bit of a rhythm. 

• Like 3

Not Another LittleBigPlanet Update -_-

Aced the Metropolis levels today and got all the prize bubbles, had a lot of fun on these levels as I had pretty much forgotten how they played.  Managed to get most of the 2 player prize bubbles myself, just juggling the two controllers but my dear husband helped me too ^_^

Went back and also did the two player areas I missed on the last two Canyon levels, so that is now sat at 100% prizes obtained too.

Levels left to complete:  The Islands, The Temples and The Wilderness

Prize Bubble Percentage: 83%

If anyone would like to work together to get the 4 player prize bubbles, just let me know ^_^

I doubt you'll have much trouble finding someone, considering that it seems like half of the people in this thread are playing some sort of LBP game. If you can't get up with Hemiak or any of those heart whores though, feel free to send me a FR and I could help if needed. My LBP-skills are probably a little rusty but helping with prize bubbles shoudn't be too tough. 

• Like 2

I want to play LBP now. I wonder if my local gamestore has it for cheap. We should work together to do them all?

Go buy it now, it's awesome  B)  I've done most of the other LBP games already and can recommend those too!

Looking for some advice from the lottery people, whilst playing LBP I've been mixing in some shorter games and plan on doing this whilst working through some of my other incomplete's (especially as Far Cry 2 might be next on my hit list)  By shorter games I mean less than 5 hours...I wonder if anyone had any recommendations?  

• Like 3

Go buy it now, it's awesome  B)  I've done most of the other LBP games already and can recommend those too!

Looking for some advice from the lottery people, whilst playing LBP I've been mixing in some shorter games and plan on doing this whilst working through some of my other incomplete's (especially as Far Cry 2 might be next on my hit list)  By shorter games I mean less than 5 hours...I wonder if anyone had any recommendations?  

From your wall of shame, I'd recommend any of the arcade archives (they seem pretty short), Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (it should be possible in under 5 hours with a guide, but that does kind of detract from the enjoyment of working out how to stealth everything yourself), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (this took me 10 hours, but only because there's a 10 hour trophy - spent quite a bit of time idling), The Unfinished Swan, and Jacob Jones seems pretty short. Apotheon took me about 8-9 hours.

If you're looking solely at games you've already started, Superfrog is pretty short and you've done most of that already, so you should be able to finish that within another 5 hours, and Lara Croft is pretty short too (I'd say around 10 hours if you're willing to go up that high).

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

I can have a look later in the day on your wall of shame.

• Like 1

I have not been playing the Witcher because I am a terrible person, I have been playing a bunch of short games that I have downloaded. I have about 106 games left that I own digitally and I want to clean them up. I played Teslagrad and I will be playing Ether One today. Both of those I did in an evening. You can always check this thread out for help.

EDIT: My digital shame if you want to see it.

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 1

From your wall of shame, I'd recommend any of the arcade archives (they seem pretty short), Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (it should be possible in under 5 hours with a guide, but that does kind of detract from the enjoyment of working out how to stealth everything yourself), Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (this took me 10 hours, but only because there's a 10 hour trophy - spent quite a bit of time idling), The Unfinished Swan, and Jacob Jones seems pretty short. Apotheon took me about 8-9 hours.

If you're looking solely at games you've already started, Superfrog is pretty short and you've done most of that already, so you should be able to finish that within another 5 hours, and Lara Croft is pretty short too (I'd say around 10 hours if you're willing to go up that high).

Thank you for the recommendations ^_^  Plenty there to keep me occupied

VN's ! :awesome:

• Like 1

I've read through the Atelier Totori walkthrough. It seems to be rather straight forward, so I'll give the game another run through tomorrow night/on the weekend. I should be quite capable of getting the platinum before the event ends. Hell, I could've already had the platinum a few days after I got the game. :ninja:

LBP2 mp has been a bit of a nightmare, so I stopped trying so hard with that game. The "Dive In" trophy is particularly frustrating because it seems like every other person in the world is content to just stand around in their pods and do nothing. One time, I said, "Are we gonna play something?" and the person literally replied with just, "ugh," like it was a chore, or something. Play community levels for 5 hours total? Rate 160 community levels? Bloody hell. :jaymon:

Anywhoozle. I'll keep y'all updated with my Atelier-ing and whatnot. :)

• Like 3

I've read through the Atelier Totori walkthrough. It seems to be rather straight forward, so I'll give the game another run through tomorrow night/on the weekend. I should be quite capable of getting the platinum before the event ends. Hell, I could've already had the platinum a few days after I got the game. :ninja:

LBP2 mp has been a bit of a nightmare, so I stopped trying so hard with that game. The "Dive In" trophy is particularly frustrating because it seems like every other person in the world is content to just stand around in their pods and do nothing. One time, I said, "Are we gonna play something?" and the person literally replied with just, "ugh," like it was a chore, or something. Play community levels for 5 hours total? Rate 160 community levels? Bloody hell. :jaymon:

The Dive-In trophy was the biggest nightmare for me on LBP2.  It seems like people use the pod for weird cyber dating  :rolleyes:  The amount of youngsters I stumbled upon having somewhat awkward conversation was eye-opening.

• Like 1

The only thing that would make that trophy list worse is if there was a "collect 10 million bubbles" trophy.

I've done everything remotely difficult in the game (legit) and I'll never get that Plat because of the stupidity of the online and create stuff.

Edit: seriously, how does the best all around game in the series have BY FAR the worst trophy list?

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

Oh my, don't get me started on the "Dive In" trophy. One of the most annoying and creepy online experiences I've ever had with a game. 99.9% of the time, people just wanted to play dress up and have costume parties or sit around slapping each other. Asking to actually play the game was apparently blasphemy to these people.  :angry:

Even worse were the straight up creepy experiences. Several times I jumped into a pod where the person would ask if I was a boy/girl, my age, where I lived, and other weird questions. :huh: I got the vibe that I was in the middle of one of those "To Catch a Predator" TV shows. Felt so dirty that I had to immediately take a shower after some of those experiences. 

• Like 4

I can't begin to tell you either how many Five Nights at Freddies levels I ended up being in due to the Dive In 25 -_-  It was pretty terrible

LOOL

Literally just played a level, said to myself, "It seems like there's a few of those." opened this thread, find a post that said "...so many of those levels when I played it." :lol:

• Like 2

I've got to stop reading this thread, LBP2 ordered  :D

Do it! I am going to pick up LBP tomorrow after work (Cause I am cursed with working next door to a Gamestop).

I hope y'all will help me platinum the game? What was I supposed to do, make a level and post it to the LBP website to get hearts?

EDIT: LBP takeover! Is this the first time a game has been selected that everyone ends up playing?

Edited by NerdRage04
  • Like 3