Can you still get the Platinum? Split/Second

Platinumus

Hello

I played this game when it was first out on my old profile, I'm not one for racing games but I really enjoyed playing it. Was talking to my friend today about the game and its really made me want to play thru it again.

I remember there being some online trophy's. are you still able to play this online? is the platinum even achievable now?  

It's still achievable, in fact I'm boosting it right now :o

But you may want to hurry, since Disney Interactive Studios published this game and last week they left the gaming business. So the servers are probably more at risk now than they've ever been

• Like 1

It's still achievable, in fact I'm boosting it right now :o

But you may want to hurry, since Disney Interactive Studios published this game and last week they left the gaming business. So the servers are probably more at risk now than they've ever been

Well, i'm fairly certain that many games made by companies that left the gaming business are still up and running... also, the devs of this game shut down ages ago, so to say.

Worst case scenario? All digital games will be delisted.

Edited by Lance_87

Well, i'm fairly certain that many games made by companies that left the gaming business are still up and running... also, the devs of this game shut down ages ago, so to say.

Depends who's running the servers. If it was Disney then there's nothing stopping them from turning them off now if they want to cut their ties from gaming.

Better to be safe rather than leave it too late and risk never being able to get the platinum

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes you can get platinum from the game.If you boost with one person it should take 98 matches x2 min 15 sec (including loading times) for one person.You can do it on private,host have to press start before every single match.Other person doesn't have to do anything.More people faster level up.Online trophies are reaching Rank 1,beating someone higher than Rank 10 and beating someone who has Team Blackrock trophy.

• Like 2

On 10/03/2018 at 6:24 PM, johncnstntn__ said:

Yes you can get platinum from the game.If you boost with one person it should take 98 matches x2 min 15 sec (including loading times) for one person.You can do it on private,host have to press start before every single match.Other person doesn't have to do anything.More people faster level up.Online trophies are reaching Rank 1,beating someone higher than Rank 10 and beating someone who has Team Blackrock trophy.

Thank you for all that info.

I might get the game :) I spent so much time with Blur, and I loved it, I’m curious with this one...

• 4 months later...

Having platted it this week I can definitely confirm that you can still get the plat

Its a brilliant game and the servers are still fine even though the dev went ages ago. Other companies could learn a lesson there

I remember beating it on the 360 years ago and found it just as fun second time around. Some of the races are epic and you often find yourself beating target times by just the title of the game

For beating the devs times trophies choice of car is everything. I struggled on the second one of these until I switched from the recommended rides to something I found worked.

Just a shame they were not able to make a sequel or a remaster as its extremely fun to play

Edited by Evertonian
  • Like 4

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey just posted in the other thread too, I am looking to play this finally and boost all the online stuff if anyone still wants help and need to find someone who has obtained the dev team trophy if someone playing still has it, so feel free to add me on PSN!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/2/2018 at 10:03 AM, Evertonian said:

Having platted it this week I can definitely confirm that you can still get the plat

Its a brilliant game and the servers are still fine even though the dev went ages ago. Other companies could learn a lesson there

I remember beating it on the 360 years ago and found it just as fun second time around. Some of the races are epic and you often find yourself beating target times by just the title of the game

For beating the devs times trophies choice of car is everything. I struggled on the second one of these until I switched from the recommended rides to something I found worked.

Just a shame they were not able to make a sequel or a remaster as its extremely fun to play

Which car did you use?