Do you guys buy games to platinum it? or you just buy it because you like it? or both?

viiiezz

Everyone buys and plays games for fun. The idea of fun for some people consists of an easy experience that requires minimal to no effort. For others, they want to attempt to fulfill any challenge that is presented to them. You're only wrong when you think you know what should be fun for someone else.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Originally I didn't think about trophies at all. Now that I'm more of a certified trophy whore it is a little bit of a consideration, more that a game which has no trophies would be a bit of a turn off, it's not a rule tho, I'm sure GTA5 will have trophies, but I would buy it either way.

But yea, although I'm not drawn to easy platinums I am somewhat drawn to the harder ones. I'm interested in picking up games like Wipeout HD and Ninja Gaiden 2 at some point, because I'm curious if I can do it or not.

So yea not to sound overly elitist but I kind of frown on easy plats. I wouldn't even borrow a game like Hanna Montana from a friend. That just taints a persons collection as far as I'm concerned :P

nope i just buy every game that people seem to be going crazy over then display them as a trophy to be put on display because i know that playing the games is not the true purpose. it is too show them off to people who have gotten the game themselves but they really want to so that i can say i have it and you don't. in fact the only games i play are call of duty and Battle Field so there is no point of having them but i will not lend them to people because they will use the game improperly and i disapprove of that.

Now to be honest i usually only buy games i will know i enjoy and i hunt the trophies to add more value to the game after i get to the point where i would be finished and trade it in but since games have trophies it keeps you playing longer than would have normally before not touching it again. this being said i am always excited when i see a big sale on a game so if a game drops to the point where the game is in the bargain bin i will most likely get it if what i know about it is interesting and i think it will possibly be a good game. also with that being said if i see a really cheap game usually $5 or lower then i will buy the game despite what i know about it and i could possibly like it but if not then i will have picked up a couple of trophies for the time that i put into the game for my troubles. in a whole i don't buy games for Platinums i buy them to enjoy the experience.

I only buy games that I like or want to experience (most JRPGs fit this description lol), not really because of the platinum, but I may force myself to finish the game or play longer for a platinum (I never finished Folklore, because lost interest, and I started Eternal Sonata, and then restarted it 2 or 3 other times because of some reason, and end up losing interest in it... seeing to much time the same thing was the problem, I think).

Still I will play an somewhat easy game for a platinum, it I get it free from PSN+... (that's basically the reason of my plat for Trine 2, Sly, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Tomb Rider Underworld, even though I did enjoy most of those games, except for Tomb Rider).

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...