Priceless trophy guide

Zanzarro

A question for you veterans of FM related knowledge...

I haven't started the game properly yet so I apologise if these questions are silly.

1 - What has Capcom nerfed the offline FM amounts to? for story, survival, etc?

2 - If I own a hard copy of SF5 original, could I simply not update my game and play all the offline FM related stuff for the original characters to maximise at least some of the FM?

Thanks in advance

@kraven_15 I'll answer your questions as I'm doing this trophy right now.

1 - Capcom nerfed all the modes after Arcade Edition. The modes don't give FM per se. Now you get FM for character levels, weekly missions and online victories. You get 1K per level and to get EXP you need to watch demonstration, do trials(all of them), survival at least on easy, normal and hard(with all characters) and play online.

2 - You can't. To get FM you need to be online on Capcom server all the time sadly.

This trophy is frustrating and can get worse in the next few months, if you really want the platinum for this game I suggest you to start it now.

Edited by Hibari-shugosha
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hibari-shugosha said:

@kraven_15 I'll answer your questions as I'm doing this trophy right now.

1 - Capcom nerfed all the modes after Arcade Edition. The modes don't give FM per se. Now you get FM for character levels, weekly missions and online victories. You get 1K per level and to get EXP you need to watch demonstration, do trials(all of them), survival at least on easy, normal and hard(with all characters) and play online.

2 - You can't. To get FM you need to be online on Capcom server all the time sadly.

This trophy is frustrating and can get worse in the next few months, if you really want the platinum for this game I suggest you to start it now.

thanks for the feedback.

one final question, do you need to do ranked matches to get online FM? or can you do player matches in a private lobby with a friend (if its even possible that is)

11 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

thanks for the feedback.

one final question, do you need to do ranked matches to get online FM? or can you do player matches in a private lobby with a friend (if its even possible that is)

You don't gain anything from lobbies with friends. The best way to get FM now is just completing survival mode with all characters to get character XP and level up [1000 FM per level]

• Like 1

@kraven_15 Yeah, as he said is not possible to get it on private lobby. Only on casual and ranked matches, but the weekly missions can be done on lobby. As for the 1M trophy I've done all the Stories, Demonstrations, Trials, Surival Easy and Normal. I'm still at 876K and starting my Hard survival runs(I've already done 3 on Hard and 1 on Hell). 

• Like 1

Seeing how rough stuff is for people on here and personally cause I've had people message me to help them get 1mil and it's just crazy to think how easy this was when the game came out. I've helped like 4 people do this and the best feature they added to survival was the ability to save where you were and come back and paying to continue and it's still a wild grind.

I'm currently sitting at roughly 605,000 cumulative FM and, by my calculations, if I purchase every remaining character released to-date, complete all story modes and easy/normal survival mode runs for all of my remaining characters, I'll still be around 100,000 short for the trophy. Even after purchasing the characters I don't want to use and spending countless hours/weeks grinding away at their respective mind-numbing survival modes, I'll still be such a long way off from a target that may not even be achievable.

At the present rate of weekly FM earning potential, and assuming the currency isn't nerfed further, I could be looking at around two years of logging in every single week to pick up whatever crumbs Capcom throw at us. Playing to win nearly two-thousand Player/Ranked matches certainly doesn't appeal to me, either, because it takes so damned long to find an opponent, and even then, you can't be matched with the same player twice in a row due to how the matchmaking works.

Not even my love of all things Street Fighter is enough to motivate me to spend such a ridiculous amount of my precious gaming time doing something that I'm not gaining enjoyment/satisfaction from, just to potentially end up with nothing to show for it.

If Capcom add another three or four characters then that will certainly help me to find some motivation, but, for the foreseeable future at least, I'm semi-resigned to accepting that this will be a platinum that is just not meant to be.

Edited by SukkarPunch

An easy way is to have a turbo controller mashing X button while queing for casual match, revamping the X buttom to hard kick/punch and let it auto accept fights and leave it overnight, you will get xp even in loosing and u will level characters while u are a sleep/at work.

For me i used to my friend's PC account to boost myself back in 2016.

Hope this helps.

On 27/09/2019 at 0:05 AM, ShinigamiSensei- said:

@Hibari-shugosha Crazy thing is that you can't even buy FM with real money, but they keep bringing weekly costumes that you can only buy via FM. What the hell are they thinking? I'm beggining to think that Capcom are a bunch of monkeys.

If FM could be purchased with real money then I would very likely just buy the remainder of what I need and save a ton of time. The cost of currency would likely balance with what the Season Passes and character bundles cost now, anyhow.

What irritates me most about this pointless trophy is that it isn't even remotely skill-based. Getting to Gold League was certainly a challenge, though.

20 hours ago, Hibari-shugosha said:

@Venomax Actually SF VI is the game that IS NOT coming. It was already said that SF VI won't happen yet. Also about the Fight Money I already said everything I could. It's up to anyone who wants to believe on Capcom. Cheers.

Do you follow SF V? The community is ready for a new game. This 4.5-5 season fans hardly thought it would even happen. But sure my SF VI prediction may have been a bit exaggerated time frame wise but fans and the professionals players are all ready for a new title and already talking about how to improve it over V

Edited by Venomax

@grimydawg You're right about everything. It's frustrating.  

@Venomax Yes. Ono said no to SF VI not long ago.

@GoldenShaka Linked! I wish you luck with these. Pretty annoying.

@SukkarPunch I'm at 881K right now and I have all the characters. The problem is that you need to do everything with all of them, except for Infernal, but maybe some runs are needed at the end. As I said on the topic if Capcom won't nerf the FM they would be "giving" the next two seasons for "free" for anyone who bought the game with all the characters after the new update. Ono said that we will have news at November(Probably Oro and Decapre) and news at December(Much probably Super version).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hibari-shugosha said:

@SukkarPunch I'm at 881K right now and I have all the characters. The problem is that you need to do everything with all of them, except for Infernal, but maybe some runs are needed at the end. As I said on the topic if Capcom won't nerf the FM they would be "giving" the next two seasons for "free" for anyone who bought the game with all the characters after the new update. Ono said that we will have news at November(Probably Oro and Decapre) and news at December(Much probably Super version).

Yeah, you're probably right. I'll try and knuckle down to completing two or three characters per week, or something like that.

Somewhat off-topic, but this game is just worlds apart from it's near-flawless predecessor. From booting up this game and having to endure the lengthy wait for Capcom's server to 'allow' you in to play the product, being greeted with a home screen that is constantly promoting the latest frequently-updated means by which you can spend an in-game currency that we're gradually being blatantly starved of, the grotesque in-game advertising garishly draped all over their own franchise icons during the build-up to Evo, everything about it makes me feel that Capcom are telling me I should feel privileged to be allowed to play this!

Capcom sold the 'soul' of the franchise with this game, all for the purpose of monetization. I acknowledge that this type of business model is becoming commonplace across the gaming landscape in some form or another nowadays, but Street Fighter is a franchise that has been ever-present throughout my life and the one that matters most to me, and how badly this game has been handled hurts me. Anyhow, rant over, lol. ?

• Like 2

Most abysmal fighting game I've played. Paid to play, several times nerfed in-game currency earning system, microtransactions, Toggled Ads which give meagre amounts of FM - even if you play 3-4x a week, always online requirement for rudimentary feature access, ugly ass U.I that shills MTX and the worst sin of all, a broken netcode system. Tekken 7 isn't perfect either, but it deserves every mileage of success over the Street Fighter series now. Can't wait to be done with SFV's platinum.

Edited by Eraezr

@SukkarPunch I'm sure you can do it. Blanka is as easy as Rashid, for example. Just spam the stronger Rolling Attack. E. Honda and Abigail are possible too to finish on Hell. Pretty sure of it.

Also I can feel you... Street Fighter was always one of my favorite franchises and other Capcom franchses too(Marvel vs Capcom, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter). For me this game is no way close to things like Third Strike(personal favorite), Alpha Series(especially 2 and 3), Super Turbo or SF4 series. If I could go back in time SFV won't be bought by me.

@Eraezr Have to agree. This game seems like a joke from Capcom with all these microtransations to "help" the players get stuff for "free". Have you seen the price of one story costume? Hahaha! The base game seems more like a free-to-play nowadays. I had to bought this game twice to start my Fight Money grinding(Bought the Deluxe Edition). I'm done with Street Fighter after Street Fighter V.

@EdgeHosenka I've already got the platinum and I remember that I did all Menat trials. These are 1 and 2 from volume 3.

Trial 1: You have to push the buttons to release the Orbs while you're doing Standing H Punch and dashing before the low v-skill. That worked for me.

Trial 2: This one was a little harder. The trick part for me was to get the Standing M Kick after the Crystal Ball. What worked for me was to slide my thumb from Light Punch to Medium Punch while doing the Crystal Ball move, this way the Orbs will be released and you will have time to do the Standing M Kick and finish the rest of the combo.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hibari-shugosha said:

@EdgeHosenka I've already got the platinum and I remember that I did all Menat trials. These are 1 and 2 from volume 3.

Trial 1: You have to push the buttons to release the Orbs while you're doing Standing H and dashing before the low v-skill. That worked for me.

Trial 2: This one was a little harder. The trick part for me was to get the Standing M Kick after the Crystal Ball. What worked for me was to slide my thumb from Light Punch to Medium Punch while doing the Crystal Ball move, this way the Orbs will be released and you will have time to do the Standing M Kick and finish the rest of the combo.

Ok thanks you i need to try :)

So, I've been grinding out FM on Survival for a few days now, exhausting my supplementary items in the process. Hoping to stock up on power/defence items, I ploughed over 100,000 FM into 'Fighting Chance', only to receive a meagre 4 power and 5 defense items. I did, however, receive a ton of artwork, a lot of which I already owned, thereby giving me credit towards... ONE. STINKING. FORTUNE TICKET! ?

Fighting Chance? No chance, more like. 

Edited by SukkarPunch
  • Like 1