Let's Play SO5

I heard you can only get 1 ending at a time with this game (unlike with 4), I really hope there are some affection changing items in this game so you can just reload your last save & get the others (instead of doing like 6 runs). -_-

But you may have to do a couple playthroughs to unlock Chaos difficulty anyways.

Ya know I called up gamestop to see how much they'd take for so5(which is unreleased as of now), $22. I was stunned, I thought for sure it'd be like $45. And I didn't know this, but they don't take unopened new games.

I always wondered if you'd get a bonus for trading an unopened game, but they don't even take them? That's kinda dumb. <_< But you'd usually get more than $22 if a game is fairly new, I thought it was at least $35. :hmm:

I heard you can only get 1 ending at a time with this game (unlike with 4), I really hope there are some affection changing items in this game so you can just reload your last save & get the others (instead of doing like 6 runs). -_-

But you may have to do a couple playthroughs to unlock Chaos difficulty anyways.

I always wondered if you'd get a bonus for trading an unopened game, but they don't even take them? That's kinda dumb. <_< But you'd usually get more than $22 if a game is fairly new, I thought it was at least $35. :hmm:

Oh jeez I hope it's like SAO:Hollow Fragment, where you just go back, or load from a save. I can power through, but that's a little intense. My #1 hope is that all and any data is carried to the next playthrough, finished or not. That would make battle trophies so9oooo much easier. And for me at least partially fun. The former would not be fun at all...

Right? I just said "Jesus, ok thanks bye". I'm wondering if they don't take unopened because they might not know if you just rewrapped a used. Only thing I can think of

Edited by Dav9834

Oh jeez I hope it's like SAO:Hollow Fragment, where you just go back, or load from a save. I can power through, but that's a little intense. My #1 hope is that all and any data is carried to the next playthrough, finished or not. That would make battle trophies so9oooo much easier. And for me at least partially fun. The former would not be fun at all...

I'm hoping just for a real NG+ where it'll at least carry over something useful (even just money).

... has Dragon decided for certain whether or not we're doing character intros in this thread? OwO

I was planning on adding the intros later and use the ones from the SO4 thread for returning participants.

You can write mine :D

Y-you don't like the intro from the SO4 thread?  D:

Well tbh I haven't actually asked Dragon if he's cool with me doing so or anything, but... so long as he doesn't send me a Cease and Desist, he's probably cool with me doing exactly that! 

Sure if people want to, you can write it. Just remember, don't make it too OP.

Mwaha I will be playing 9 hours earlier!! :evil:....... . If I don't pass out.... Then it'll be 9 hours later... Lol

Lol, it'll be June 28th in about 1 hours and 12 minutes in The Netherlands :awesome:.

• Like 1

Y-you don't like the intro from the SO4 thread?  D:

I think it's just that we weren't expecting intros to be recycled from the SO4 thread. Why do that when a handsome, fluffy, and muscular mothman can cook up a shiny new intro for everyone? Characters returning from Season 1 of the PSNP Epic Quest Animu can't get stale now, can they :U

though seriously if you wanna just use all the old intros that's still cool

Either way, thanks!

• Like 1

I think it's just that we weren't expecting intros to be recycled from the SO4 thread. Why do that when a handsome, fluffy, and muscular mothman can cook up a shiny new intro for everyone? Characters returning from Season 1 of the PSNP Epic Quest Animu can't get stale now, can they :U

though seriously if you wanna just use all the old intros that's still cool

Either way, thanks!

LAZY! ...just kidding. :P Personally I liked mine, so that's fine. xD

You're right, since this is the next story arc how about I add some kind of bankai super saiyan jinchuuriki dragon force transformation for everyone to fight against the akatsuki espada spriggan 12 shadow dragons :awesome:.

I'll leave it up to the participants, if they want their old intro, I'll add it. If not, then feel free to ask Cedi or write one yourself.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

You're right, since this is the next story arc how about I add some kind of hollow super saiyan jinchuuriki dragon force transformation for everyone to fight against the akatsuki espada spriggan 12 shadow dragons :awesome:.

I'll leave it up to the participants, if they want their old intro, I'll add it. If not, then feel free to ask Cedi or write one yourself.

I'm also the Messiah and the reincarnation of Mecha Godzilla but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's a spoiler

seriously thanks o: I look forward to either seeing new intros or writing them up muhself~

Edited by CediFonei

Edit: Scratch my question it is indeed digital as well. But you can't predownload it. So I will be playing shortly after midnight

I'm not quite sure where you discovered this from. I was able to predownload the game shortly after I ordered in a couple days ago.

According to my tracking number from SqEnix, my copy of SO5 reached the UPS depot less than 10 miles from my house on Saturday.

.... and UPS isn't going to deliver it until sometime Wednesday afternoon.  I know I'm not starting this title until I finish Dark Cloud 2 (or Nights of Azure, which I've put aside for a while), but screw you UPS and screw you SqEnix.  Why does it take more time to go the final 10 miles than it did to go halfway across the country?

According to my tracking number from SqEnix, my copy of SO5 reached the UPS depot less than 10 miles from my house on Saturday.

.... and UPS isn't going to deliver it until sometime Wednesday afternoon.  I know I'm not starting this title until I finish Dark Cloud 2 (or Nights of Azure, which I've put aside for a while), but screw you UPS and screw you SqEnix.  Why does it take more time to go the final 10 miles than it did to go halfway across the country?

Felt. I hate when this happens.

I'm not quite sure where you discovered this from. I was able to predownload the game shortly after I ordered in a couple days ago.

:facepalm: then I could've saved so much time :cry:

And for anyone that brought digital, you can't download from the ps4(go figure), you have to dl from the psn store on your computer or phone. That also could have saved me time... A good 30 min of dl time... :sigh:

And yup it's going to take a while to dl, I'm definitely passing out. Masamune I concede, you will be playing before me.

tumblr_n6gblvSP5c1rtjc7io1_500.gif

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 2

So much hype!!! Sign me up! I want to get back into SO4 to get the platinum, but.... I'm too lazy T_T Hopefully this platinum isn't as long, but if it is I'm looking forward to enjoying it!

Thanks for bringing this back Dragon!

Oh, I also got the user guide for like $5 because of my status with GameStop, so if you all have any questions about anything I'll see what the guide says. No midnight release T_T

So much hype!!! Sign me up! I want to get back into SO4 to get the platinum, but.... I'm too lazy T_T Hopefully this platinum isn't as long, but if it is I'm looking forward to enjoying it!

Thanks for bringing this back Dragon!

Oh, I also got the user guide for like $5 because of my status with GameStop, so if you all have any questions about anything I'll see what the guide says. No midnight release T_T

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:.

• Like 1

I'd like to join this event. This'll be my first Star Ocean game though my friend had horror stories about getting the plat for Star Ocean 4.  Star Ocean and the Tales of seem pretty similar to me (I think they were one development team at one point.) I'm hoping to platinum. I platinum most tales of that I try, though Dawn of the New World and Graces F just weren't for me. Are there any requirements for joining this events, aside from not cheating?

• Like 1

I'd like to join this event. This'll be my first Star Ocean game though my friend had horror stories about getting the plat for Star Ocean 4.  Star Ocean and the Tales of seem pretty similar to me (I think they were one development team at one point.) I'm hoping to platinum. I platinum most tales of that I try, though Dawn of the New World and Graces F just weren't for me. Are there any requirements for joining this events, aside from not cheating?

Awesome, welcome to the event :highfive:. SO5 isn't nearly as bad as SO4, the fastest time to plat it was around 10 days. There are no additional requirements for joining.

I wouldn't say the reviews are "really bad". Below expectations and a little disappointing? Yeah... looks like it, but I'm still seeing impressions that range from "average" to "good" over here, which is enough to convince me I want to play it anyway. I need me some sci-fi fantasy JRPG in my life, ever since Phantasy Star has been taken out of it, and I tend to care more about gameplay than narrative anyway. So I think this game is still gonna deliver on what I've really wanted out of it!

That said, I'm waiting until my birthday to get it, so I've still got a few days to temper my expectations appropriately.

• Like 1

Jeez the reviews are really bad...

I haven't booted it up yet, but I should probably try anything to dial down my excitement to prevent myself from having harsh emotions.

Damn :|, that does not bode well. At least it's not nearly as grindy as SO4, so that should be a huge plus :awesome:.

I wouldn't say the reviews are "really bad". Below expectations and a little disappointing? Yeah... looks like it, but I'm still seeing impressions that range from "average" to "good" over here, which is enough to convince me I want to play it anyway. I need me some sci-fi fantasy JRPG in my life, ever since Phantasy Star has been taken out of it, and I tend to care more about gameplay than narrative anyway. So I think this game is still gonna deliver on what I've really wanted out of it!

That said, I'm waiting until my birthday to get it, so I've still got a few days to temper my expectations appropriately.

When's your birthday?

Jeez the reviews are really bad...

I haven't booted it up yet, but I should probably try anything to dial down my excitement to prevent myself from having harsh emotions.

I'll need to check out the reviews but from what I've been able to play so far it has been pretty good.  Voice acting I feel is better and the general feel of the game is a lot like a much more polished SO4.

It is a good game, especially if you liked the previous entries in the series.

I'll need to check out the reviews but from what I've been able to play so far it has been pretty good.  Voice acting I feel is better and the general feel of the game is a lot like a much more polished SO4.

It is a good game, especially if you liked the previous entries in the series.

Good to know the voice acting is better. The voice actors need to put in some serious effort if they wanted to sound worse than Lymle, Edge, and Sarah from SO4.

Damn :|, that does not bode well. At least it's not nearly as grindy as SO4, so that should be a huge plus :awesome:.

Yeah, I've seen some people hating on it already, I just block the stuff out until I play it for myself. :P

I've haven't even played it for an hour yet, but there are 2 things I don't care for so far:

1. I don't think I've seen a real cut-scene yet, you just stand around & the characters start talking, I hope it's not like that the whole game.
  2. You use skills by holding down your attack buttons, I liked it better when they were mapped to the L/R buttons (I keep using skills by accident)

Also, does anyone know how you unlock the next difficulty level? Do you just have to beat the game, or does it have to be on the higher difficulty (I'm playing on the higher one to be safe)?

Yeah, I've seen some people hating on it already, I just block the stuff out until I play it for myself. :P

I've haven't even played it for an hour yet, but there are 2 things I don't care for so far:

1. I don't think I've seen a real cut-scene yet, you just stand around & the characters start talking, I hope it's not like that the whole game.
  2. You use skills by holding down your attack buttons, I liked it better when they were mapped to the L/R buttons (I keep using skills by accident)

Also, does anyone know how you unlock the next difficulty level? Do you just have to beat the game, or does it have to be on the higher difficulty (I'm playing on the higher one to be safe)?

I've been playing for maybe two~three hours and there are a few scenes scattered here and there.  I agree though, very few cutscenes compared to SO4 so far.

I cancel my X and O attacks to up the damage to 200%, but I do miss those key binding skills that you mention.

Good to know the voice acting is better. The voice actors need to put in some serious effort if they wanted to sound worse than Lymle, Edge, and Sarah from SO4.

lol, ikr!  I could not stand Lymle's English voice actor, k.

I don't think I've seen a real cut-scene yet, you just stand around & the characters start talking, I hope it's not like that the whole game.

I've been playing for maybe two~three hours and there are a few scenes scattered here and there.  I agree though, very few cutscenes compared to SO4 so far.

Here's hoping the ending cutscene isn't an hour long like in SO4.

I cancel my X and O attacks to up the damage to 200%, but I do miss those key binding skills that you mention.

Yep, I just seen the first one, so at least there are some.

I noticed there was some kind of bonus when I was switching between weak & strong attacks, I just wasn't sure what type of bonus it was.