Death stranding

Lonemankane

Not sure how anyone could call Kojima a genius or any derivation thereof from this and only this. All we see is naked Norman Reedus, a dead fetus, and a host of dead sea creatures. Tantalizing? Maybe. No gameplay, no explanation of what it could be, just more obfuscation out of Kojima, which I'm frankly tired of out of him. Could be a stealth adventure, sci-fi game, survival horror, it could even be a graphic adventure for we know. I'll reserve judgment until I see more.

Love this trailer, you can't deny Kojima knows how to grab your attention.  :)

Anyone else get a real environmental vibe from the trailer?   Pretty sure the black liquid was oil, the baby might have represented the guilt we have over leaving a destroyed, resource exhausted environment to our children.  The death of ocean life, whales particularly, which we almost hunted to extinction 100yrs or so ago, and is still a current issue...for whale oil, among other things...

The hand prints on Reedus, not the black oil ones, but the imprints, almost have the look of worship, the kind reserved for a saviour, which is funny considering his scar looks like a cross.   Not sure on the handcuffs, maybe the character is some sort of greenpeace-esq activist, I know it's all a stretch but it's Kojima...  Lol

Even the title fits, Death Stranding, we see the dead sea-life, whales beached/stranded, and it could all represent mankind's destruction of our own planet, we've used up all our resources, foolishly, and ourselves and our children are 'stranded' on this dying world with no escape, no resources to search the stars so to speak.

That said, I could just be talking a load of old gibberish!  :P

Not sure how anyone could call Kojima a genius or any derivation thereof from this and only this. All we see is naked Norman Reedus, a dead fetus, and a host of dead sea creatures. Tantalizing? Maybe. No gameplay, no explanation of what it could be, just more obfuscation out of Kojima, which I'm frankly tired of out of him. Could be a stealth adventure, sci-fi game, survival horror, it could even be a graphic adventure for we know. I'll reserve judgment until I see more.

So much this.

As somebody said on Twitter: It looks like what happens when nobody tells Kojima "No".

Seriously though, from the E3 interview with Geoff Keighley it was abundantly clear that Kojima simply has no game. I'm convinced they haven't even started developing ideas properly, let alone game assets or mechanics.

So, any discussion is entirely academic at this point. The game could be good, but right now it exists mostly in Kojima's head. And perhaps not even there.

• 1 year later...