Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

FFXV is actually having more similarities with FFVI, and kind of possible connected to FFVIII in a way (by the ring, it's the exact same ring you used for Doomtrain in VIII and in it's bio of VIII it even mentions "rumored to have belonged to a royal family".. seriously Square).

• Like 1

FFXV is actually having more similarities with FFVI, and kind of possible connected to FFVIII in a way (by the ring, it's the exact same ring you used for Doomtrain in VIII and in it's bio of VIII it even mentions "rumored to have belonged to a royal family".. seriously Square).

Tbh I'm not surprised at this point. We will probably see more easter eggs from previous Final Fantasy games. We already saw Masamune and Zidane's weapons (forgot what they're called). 

EDIT: Lightning's Blazefire saber as well

Edited by Xeliot

Tbh I'm not surprised at this point. We will probably see more easter eggs from previous Final Fantasy games. We already saw Masamune and Zidane's weapons (forgot what they're called). 

EDIT: Lightning's Blazefire saber as well

Nothing that's really connected to main plot though like that ring and is actually explained for in FFVIII too. lmao

I'm interested if Doomtrain is in the game now.. maybe the car they are driving in since I remember Square said there was something about the car.

Nothing that's really connected to main plot though like that ring and is actually explained for in FFVIII too. lmao

I'm interested if Doomtrain is in the game now.. maybe the car they are driving in since I remember Square said there was something about the car.

Best bet is that you will be able to customize the car to look like Doomtrain.

Then it could be used as a summon, perhaps.  :hmm:

Edited by Xeliot

I like this, I like this a lot! :o 

Here's a few videos I think some people might like. There's someone on YouTube who's doing a Final Fantasy XV countdown retrospective, going over all the Final Fantasy XV information over the last 10 years up to present day. It's pretty cool and definitely worth a look. 

Day 60:

Day 59:

Day: 58:

Day 57: 

• Like 2

If you watched Kingsglaive, there also is a huge reference from another FF

SPOILER ALERT!

Diamond weapon is back!

I know that FF is used to have a lot of things in common (moogle, chocobo, gils, shiva, ifrit, or even biggs, wedge and cid). But here, we have a big part of the scenario from FF7 that appears in Kingsglaive.

I really hope that this means that we'll be able to fight Weapons in FF15. I've defeated all of them in 7, i want to kick their HD ass in 15 :D

Edited by lesk8vaincra

If you watched Kingsglaive, there also is a huge reference from another FF

SPOILER ALERT!

Diamond weapon is back!

I know that FF is used to have a lot of things in common (moogle, chocobo, gils, shiva, ifrit, or even biggs, wedge and cid). But here, we have a big part of the scenario from FF7 that appears in Kingsglaive.

I really hope that this means that we'll be able to fight Weapons in FF15. I've defeated all of them in 7, i want to kick their HD ass in 15 :D

Yes, I seen it.  Really good movie, the reviews are total lies imo.

He wasn't the only thing from Final Fantasy VII in that movie.. Knights of the Round was also there.  And he's also referred to as a daemon; possibly Ardyn summons daemons since he was told to go and get rid of it.  Very likely it will make a comeback as it was never defeated in the movie.

Wait, so they're just in-game items now? I thought they were going to be, you know...alive. :| I guess that I shouldn't be surprised considering how late in development they decided to add them. Still, I was expecting a little more.

And I've got to agree with you guys, I'm not a big fan of the design.

Wait, so they're just in-game items now? I thought they were going to be, you know...alive. :| I guess that I shouldn't be surprised considering how late in development they decided to add them. Still, I was expecting a little more.

And I've got to agree with you guys, I'm not a big fan of the design.

I believe they were always there.  They could be a bit like Lulu's dolls, come alive temporary with magic.. but with legs like those, I don't even see them walking about like Lulu's did.  We'll see what use there is with them in the movie I guess.  A lot of moogles in the FF series have been toys/dolls you have to remember.  I wish these guys would make a comeback tho..

Moomba-artwork.png

I believe they were always there.  They could be a bit like Lulu's dolls, come alive temporary with magic.. but with legs like those, I don't even see them walking about like Lulu's did.  We'll see what use there is with them in the movie I guess.  A lot of moogles in the FF series have been toys/dolls you have to remember.

Yeah, I guess it's pretty common to have moogles be toys/dolls. I just thought that since they were making a big deal out of it with the 24 hour countdown and such, there would be more to it. It just strikes me as a bit anticlimactic.

I wish these guys would make a comeback tho..

Moomba-artwork.png

Hehe, that would be cool. I don't know why they haven't been used very much in the series. They deserve more! :P

Edited by Undead Wolf