Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

dUsIBdCWQ4DJh7KkN7h2Mt9j5GXs5xPrz78Bat_2

The sex appeal in this game is on point.

ffxv_ultimate_edition-1200x675.jpg

I somehow got lucky with the waiting list option and got a chance to pre-order this baby.

Nice.

I'm still debating whether or not to keep my preorder. Will probably sell it off (and if anybody is interested, PM me, I doubt I will pay upwards of $500 CAD for this CE.) or simply cancel it.

I don't know if it is rude for asking this, sooo how much was it?

$280USD plus shipping, which depends on where you are. Which for me was $40USD shipping, and doesn't even include the import charges. Square Enix webstore uses FedEx, and they are absolutely bonkers with their rates.

If you're in America, you probably won't give a shit because you won't pay anything close to that kind of ridiculousness. My just being in Canada forces me to pay a lot more than it's worth. Especially since I have the base game preordered on Amazon for $35 CDN, taxes in. :/

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1

Nice.

I'm still debating whether or not to keep my preorder. Will probably sell it off (and if anybody is interested, PM me, I doubt I will pay upwards of $500 CAD for this CE.) or simply cancel it.

I was as well, thought about selling it as I already had the deluxe edition pre-ordered from Amazon $25 cheaper. But then I just decided to keep it.

I don't know if it is rude for asking this, sooo how much was it?

Like Valyrious stated, UCE itself is $280 USD, couple that with shipping, it will reach upto $300

I'm not sure if this is new or not, but Gamespot uploaded the first 45 minutes of gameplay from FFXV. I'm not going to watch it because I don't want to see spoilers, but I thought I'd share the video in case anyone else would like to watch it.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I'm not sure if this is new or not, but Gamespot uploaded the first 45 minutes of gameplay from FFXV. I'm not going to watch it because I don't want to see spoilers, but I thought I'd share the video in case anyone else would like to watch it.

It's the same gameplay from the master version video, but that's the latest build, as you can see the hair seems less jaggy and there's more foliage.

It's the same gameplay from the master version video, but that's the latest build, as you can see the hair seems less jaggy and there's more foliage.

I wonder if they are running them on Pros now though, FFXV is a game that is made to fully support the Pro so hopefully there is Ultra settings.  I couldn't stand the look of the hair previously, but it looks really good now! :D

Edited by DEMON

Ah, I see. Well it's still worth a watch if you haven't seen the master version video. :)

I wonder if they are running them on Pros now though, FFXV is a game that is made to fully support the Pro so hopefully there is Ultra settings.  I couldn't stand the look of the hair previously, but it looks really good now! :D

This is what kind of worries me. I really want to play the game on launch, but I feel like I should wait so I can play it on the PS4 Pro to get the best experience. I have no idea when I'll be getting one of those though. :(

Ah, I see. Well it's still worth a watch if you haven't seen the master version video. :)

This is what kind of worries me. I really want to play the game on launch, but I feel like I should wait so I can play it on the PS4 Pro to get the best experience. I have no idea when I'll be getting one of those though. :(

Well, PS4 Pro comes out before it.. I was going to wait til 2017 before I got one but I went fuck it and preordered it.. November isn't going to be a bit friendly with my wallet.

My actual concerns with the delay though is related to that.  The game might have been pretty broken so they couldn't make it for the original launch date, but I do believe it was partially PS4 Pro coming out in November that really caused the delay and the fact that seemed to make more sense to release World of Final Fantasy before it as World is more likely to be a shorter game.

Edited by DEMON

No all the gameplays you've seen thus far ran on the regular PS4. Look:

ffxv-new-ss1.jpg

And btw the PS4 Pro version looks way better it's distinguishable. Here:

FFXV-PS4-Pro-650x343.png

Well, PS4 Pro comes out before it.. I was going to wait til 2017 before I got one but I went fuck it and preordered it.. November isn't going to be a bit friendly with my wallet.

Unfortunately I'm kind of broke right now, so I definitely can't afford one on launch. And even if I did, I don't have a 4K TV, so I feel like it would kind of be a waste.

My actual concerns with the delay though is related to that.  The game might have been pretty broken so they couldn't make it for the original launch date, but I do believe it was partially PS4 Pro coming out in November that really caused the delay and the fact that seemed to make more sense to release World of Final Fantasy before it as World is more likely to be a shorter game.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. When they said it was getting delayed so they could put patch content onto the disc, some of that could be related to the PS4 Pro. I want to say it was mandatory for devs to patch Pro enhancements for games releasing in October. Now that it's launching after the Pro comes out, that can be on the disc.

It's smart to release World of Final Fantasy before FFXV anyway so it's not overshadowed by its big brother. Some people who are disappointed about XV's delay might buy World of Final Fantasy to get their FF fix they're missing.

FFXV-PS4-Pro-650x343.png

Looks like I won't be playing FFXV until I get a Pro then. :(

Edited by Undead Wolf

No all the gameplays you've seen thus far ran on the regular PS4. Look:

ffxv-new-ss1.jpg

FFXV-PS4-Pro-650x343.png

Oooooh.. No motion blur! :o I've made the right choice getting a Pro (motion blur fucks with my eyes and better hardware actually reduces it).

So where I'm at the Kingsglaive movie is out on Blu-Ray and I bought it today when I went to the store. I haven't watched it yet but it does come with a digital HD code, so I figured I may as well give it away. First person that responds gets it!

Edit: Code claimed.

Edited by Redgrave

That was terrifying. I guess it really is dangerous to travel at night. :blink:

As a side note, the paint job on the car is freakin' sweet! I didn't even know you could change it from the default. Shows how much I know. :P

Their reaction when they run into a bunch of Iron Giants (surprised they are normal enemies so early on). xD

I wonder if there is any trophies for travelling around at night and not dying the whole time.  Night in FFXV looks like it's the Hard Mode of the game since more of the unnatural monsters show up then.

Edited by DEMON

Their reaction when they run into a bunch of Iron Giants (surprised they are normal enemies so early on). xD

I wonder if there is any trophies for travelling around at night and not dying the whole time.  Night in FFXV looks like it's the Hard Mode of the game since more of the unnatural monsters show up then.

To be fair, I think I'd have the same reaction if that ever happened to me. They came out of nowhere. xD

That would be cool. Maybe something like "Survive until dawn without camping and with no party members going down". Sounds like fun. :giggle: