Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

It would be smart if they made a special design for PS4 Pro as well.

It would be yea.. Don't see why they don't do it as over on the 360 side at the time FFXIII came out, they did a special edition Super Elite (although, it just looked like a normal Xbox 360 if you didn't get the faceplate with it).

pennote-img.jpg

This is the third Moogle Collection reward, 30 Ballpoint Pens and Notebooks to 30 random lucky followers.

GET HYYYPED! :dance:

Oh wait, that's kinda lame... :P

Yeah it's a little lame  :lol:  Though it's better than just a wallpaper

Looks like the next reward is going to be Moogle Sound Effects whenever enough people follow to unlock it

Hmmm...I think I actually want to have it.. ^_^

Yeah it's a little lame  :lol:  Though it's better than just a wallpaper

Looks like the next reward is going to be Moogle Sound Effects whenever enough people follow to unlock it

I'd rather have a wallpaper, at least that's nice to look at.

Compared to Moogle Sound Effects the pens and notebooks are amazing.

Square have uploaded part 3 of The English Voice Cast. I know part 1 is in the OP, but I'll link all three if anyone wants to watch them.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I actually really like the English voice actors in this game. At least the ones I know about. I'm not sure if there's an option for Japanese voices, but I'd probably play in English anyway. They suit the characters pretty well.

• Like 1

Square have uploaded part 3 of The English Voice Cast. I know part 1 is in the OP, but I'll link all three if anyone wants to watch them.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I actually really like the English voice actors in this game. At least the ones I know about. I'm not sure if there's an option for Japanese voices, but I'd probably play in English anyway. They suit the characters pretty well.

I don't recognize any of the voice actors :|. It's surprising that the cast from the King's Glaive movie aren't voicing the characters in the game.

I don't recognize any of the voice actors :|. It's surprising that the cast from the King's Glaive movie aren't voicing the characters in the game.

You don't recognise Matthew Mercer? :o That guy is in everything. :giggle:

And yeah, I don't know why they did that. When I get around to watching it, I'll probably find it strange how everyone sounds different. :|

Edited by Undead Wolf

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

The voice cast is on point so far. There's some good long time voice actors in here and some new voice actors. 

You don't recognise Matthew Mercer? :o That guy is in everything. :giggle:

And yeah, I don't know why they did that. When I get around to watching it, I'll probably find it strange how everyone sounds different. :|

Nope, you make it sound as if he's the same as Nolan North, Laura Bailey, or Troy Baker.

Same here, I don't like it when voices suddenly change *looks at Rise in Persona 4 Dancing All Night*.

Nope, you make it sound as if he's the same as Nolan North, Laura Bailey, or Troy Baker.

He pretty much is. xD You've probably played a lot of the games and seen a lot of anime he's been in, but I guess you don't recognise his voice. He did a great job playing Kanji in the P4 anime and spin-offs for example. If you told me that was Troy Baker, I'd probably believe you.

Have a look for yourself: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Matthew-Mercer/

Same here, I don't like it when voices suddenly change *looks at Rise in Persona 4 Dancing All Night*.

Haha, never forget. :P

Here's hoping they hire voice actors for P5 who actually stick around for the spin-offs and such. <_<

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

The English voice cast is way too good not to use in this game.  Sorry, but Keiji Fujiwara can't compete at all with fuckin' Darin De Paul. lol

I would have to say Noctis is the only character that suits his Japanese voice more (his English one isn't bad like and from what I recall he had to be changed at some point? still, it isn't the voice I would imagine that character having), mainly because he's the only character that actually looks Japanese.. until the time skip anyways.. rest sound and look more natural with English voices.

Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about them screwing up spin-offs of this game (come on, we all know it's going to have a trilogy like FFXIII did.. won't be a FF game if it doesn't in some way nowdays.. it's also already started), Square Enix are usually good with keeping voice actors or at least managing to find ones you won't know the difference with.

He pretty much is. xD You've probably played a lot of the games and seen a lot of anime he's been in, but I guess you don't recognise his voice. He did a great job playing Kanji in the P4 anime and spin-offs for example. If you told me that was Troy Baker, I'd probably believe you.

Have a look for yourself: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Matthew-Mercer/

Haha, never forget. :P

Here's hoping they hire voice actors for P5 who actually stick around for the spin-offs and such. <_<

Oh ok, I see what the problem is: I almost always watch subbed anime and hardly played any game he worked on. Only exceptions are P4 The Animation, P4DAN Saints Row Gat out of Hell, and Star Ocean The Last Hope. Though that horrible emo ranting scene in SO4 made me hate him a lot.

Let's hope so, Rise sounded really awkward.

The English voice cast is way too good not to use in this game.  Sorry, but Keiji Fujiwara can't compete at all with fuckin' Darin De Paul. lol

I would have to say Noctis is the only character that suits his Japanese voice more (his English one isn't bad like and from what I recall he had to be changed at some point? still, it isn't the voice I would imagine that character having), mainly because he's the only character that actually looks Japanese.. until the time skip anyways.. rest sound and look more natural with English voices.

Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about them screwing up spin-offs of this game (come on, we all know it's going to have a trilogy like FFXIII did.. won't be a FF game if it doesn't in some way nowdays.. it's also already started), Square Enix are usually good with keeping voice actors or at least managing to find ones you won't know the difference with.

It definitely seems like this dub is a cut above most other video game dubs. I've not heard the Japanese voices very much, so I can't speak for how good or bad they may be, but all I know is that the English voice acting really works for these characters. As for Noctis' voice, I do think he sounds a little off, but maybe my opinion of that will change once I start playing. I don't know if they've changed voice actors since Episode Duscae, but I feel like it's better now than it was back then.

Oh ok, I see what the problem is: I almost always watch subbed anime and hardly played any game he worked on. Only exceptions are P4 The Animation, P4DAN Saints Row Gat out of Hell, and Star Ocean The Last Hope. Though that horrible emo ranting scene in SO4 made me hate him a lot.

Let's hope so, Rise sounded really awkward.

Fair enough. :P I almost always watch subbed anime too, but I usually favour dubbed games for whatever reason, and I've played a lot of games he's worked on, so I end up recognising his voice a lot.

This emo ranting you mentioned has made me curious now. I'll have to look that up. :giggle: Despite how bad that may be, I don't think I could ever hate him because of his role as Alvin in Tales of Xillia.

tales_of_xillia_alvin_by_link111234-d3lk

How can you not love this man!? :awesome:

Edited by Undead Wolf

It definitely seems like this dub is a cut above most other video game dubs. I've not heard the Japanese voices very much, so I can't speak for how good or bad they may be, but all I know is that the English voice acting really works for these characters. As for Noctis' voice, I do think he sounds a little off, but maybe my opinion of that will change once I start playing. I don't know if they've changed voice actors since Episode Duscae, but I feel like it's better now than it was back then.

Fair enough. :P I almost always watch subbed anime too, but I usually favour dubbed games for whatever reason, and I've played a lot of games he's worked on, so I end up recognising his voice a lot.

This emo ranting you mentioned has made me curious now. I'll have to look that up. :giggle: Despite how bad that may be, I don't think I could ever hate him because of his role as Alvin in Tales of Xillia.

Yea, of course, opinions can change once you start to play the game and get to know the character more.. maybe there is some reason he sounds like Christopher Nolan's Batman that we have yet to find out.

Here the ranting cutscene, it starts at 57 minutes. The next video in the playlist shows emo Edge.