Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

Oh, they did? Even so, two years is quite a long time! By then, I'm sure most people will have moved on with their lives. :P That reminds me when EA started to phase out online passes from their games, and in the process, they made a bunch of DLC for their old games free. I guess they do these things because they've already gotten the money from people at that point, so making it free is a way to improve their image or something. I won't fall for this trickery! :shakefist:

Even if it's just skins like DEMON said, they could make that stuff unlockable in-game or something. That would be nice. But I guess publishers like nickel-and-diming us for everything we have. -_-

It would be a great excuse to come back to a game :awesome:. Oh yeah, I remember that. EA got rid of its online passes because of all the negative feedback was finally cutting into their sales and profit.

Indeed, I miss the good ol' days when this stuff used to be in-game rewards instead of DLC or pre-order bonuses.

• Like 1

It has begun. AAA gaming, everyone.

Here are all of the pre-order bonus DLC trailers. There sure are a lot of them... -_-

Angler Set

PlayStation Store, Xbox Game Store, or Ultimate Edition

Camera Kit

Amazon U.S. or Ultimate Edition

Gourmand Set

Costume: Royal Raiment

Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition

Recolor: 16-Bit Buddies

PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store

Recolor: Cindymobile

Square Enix Online Store in North America

Recolor: Gold Chocobo

Amazon U.S.

Recolor: Platinum Leviathan

Deluxe Edition or Ultimate Edition

Theme: Big Bang

PlayStation Store

Travel Pack

Weapon: Blazefire Saber (FFXIII)

Weapon: Gale Bolg (FFXIV)

Weapon: Mage Mashers (FFIX)

Weapon: Masamune (FFXV)

Xbox One Avatars: Noctis Costumes and Carbuncle Pet

https://youtu.be/B91VqlranOs

Xbox Games Store

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

https://youtu.be/h2TUmcAT6r4

GameStop, EB Games and GAME

Whew! And there we have it. I don't think I've ever seen so much pre-order DLC for a game before. That's kind of ridiculous. :|

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

Add GAME to that Kings Tale pre-order. They are the UK version.

Okay, I added GAME to the list. That DLC actually seems like the most interesting of the bunch. I wonder if it will have any trophies. :hmm:

Then again, probably not because that would kind of screw over anyone who didn't pre-order. :P

Also, the fishing better be as hype as this game:

Better yet, I hope we get to go explosive fishing. B)

Okay, I added GAME to the list. That DLC actually seems like the most interesting of the bunch. I wonder if it will have any trophies. :hmm:

Then again, probably not because that would kind of screw over anyone who didn't pre-order. :P

Better yet, I hope we get to go explosive fishing. B)

I'm just hoping it will be released as a PSN game down the line.  I'm not preordering 2 copies of the game.. still pretty pissed off Square Enix didn't include that for pre-ordering the UCE, we should be getting everything. lol

I forgot Persona had fishing.

Then there's Big the Cat fishing levels in Sonic.. but please not that.

Edited by DEMON

I'm just hoping it will be released as a PSN game down the line.  I'm not preordering 2 copies of the game.. still pretty pissed off Square Enix didn't include that for pre-ordering the UCE, we should be getting everything. lol

Yeah, this is why I'm not really a fan of splitting up all of these pre-order bonuses like that. No matter what you do, you're missing out on something. I know most of it is cosmetic, but it still kinda sucks. -_-

I do think it's pretty dumb that they don't give owners of the UCE everything. I mean they're paying enough for the damn thing as it is! I get not including the season pass, but throwing in a few extra skins and what not couldn't hurt.

I forgot Persona had fishing.

Whaaaat!? How could you forget that? :o I'll never forget my life and death struggle with the Sea Guardian on one rainy evening. It was a battle of wits and dexterity. It still gives me nightmares to this day. :awesome:

Yeah, this is why I'm not really a fan of splitting up all of these pre-order bonuses like that. No matter what you do, you're missing out on something. I know most of it is cosmetic, but it still kinda sucks. -_-

I do think it's pretty dumb that they don't give owners of the UCE everything. I mean they're paying enough for the damn thing as it is! I get not including the season pass, but throwing in a few extra skins and what not couldn't hurt.

Whaaaat!? How could you forget that? :o I'll never forget my life and death struggle with the Sea Guardian on one rainy evening. It was a battle of wits and dexterity. It still gives me nightmares to this day. :awesome:

Tbf though, that's a whole game and backstory on Regis.. you are actually missing out on something there! (and tbh.. I'm actually thinking of buying a code off eBay or something if it really isn't coming to PSN at a later..)

I just forgot. lol Persona has a lot of side stuff (I don't think I actually got around to it on the Vita version yet but done it all on PS2 which was quite a while ago).

If you want a game with difficult fishing, play FFXIV, the end game fishing in that is something else. xD

Edited by DEMON

It has begun. AAA gaming, everyone.

Here are all of the pre-order bonus DLC trailers. There sure are a lot of them... -_-

Angler Set

PlayStation Store, Xbox Game Store, or Ultimate Edition

Camera Kit

Gourmand Set

Costume: Royal Raiment

Deluxe Edition and Ultimate Edition

Recolor: 16-Bit Buddies

PlayStation Store and Xbox Games Store

Recolor: Cindymobile

Square Enix Online Store in North America

Recolor: Gold Chocobo

Amazon U.S.

Recolor: Platinum Leviathan

Deluxe Edition or Ultimate Edition

Theme: Big Bang

PlayStation Store

Travel Pack

Weapon: Blazefire Saber (FFXIII)

Weapon: Gale Bolg (FFXIV)

Weapon: Mage Mashers (FFIX)

Weapon: Masamune (FFXV)

Xbox One Avatars: Noctis Costumes and Carbuncle Pet

https://youtu.be/B91VqlranOs

Xbox Games Store

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV

https://youtu.be/h2TUmcAT6r4

GameStop, EB Games and GAME

Whew! And there we have it. I don't think I've ever seen so much pre-order DLC for a game before. That's kind of ridiculous. :|

So, in short, nothing worth it. Well, I guess that's good then. The way people talk about their hatred for retail exclusive DLC, they make it sound like game developers intentionally rip certain segments of the story, and ship the rights to it at certain retailers.

This weapon skin crap, or skin crap, couldn't care less for. It's not like it'll change the gameplay in any degree. Hell, even exclusive weapons don't matter. I'll be happy trying out every weapon that's in the game.

Tbf though, that's a whole game and backstory on Regis.. you are actually missing out on something there!

I wonder how long it is. From the trailer, it looks like the story being told isn't canon, so I guess it's not essential or anything. It would be nice to play it though.

If you want a game with difficult fishing, play FFXIV, the end game fishing in that is something else. xD

Oh God, I think fishing would be the least of my troubles in that game. I don't even know where to start when it comes to MMO's. xD

So, in short, nothing worth it. Well, I guess that's good then. The way people talk about their hatred for retail exclusive DLC, they make it sound like game developers intentionally rip certain segments of the story, and ship the rights to it at certain retailers.

This weapon skin crap, or skin crap, couldn't care less for. It's not like it'll change the gameplay in any degree. Hell, even exclusive weapons don't matter. I'll be happy trying out every weapon that's in the game.

Well excluding the fact that publishers have done such things in the past, yes, they are mostly just cosmetic in this game. Although as mentioned above, A King's Tale is an entire game that's blocked off to anybody who doesn't pre-order from a certain place. That's kind of bullshit.

I don't care that much about the skins and what not, it's just the principle of the thing I don't agree with. I don't see why you should miss out on content, no matter how insignificant, just because you didn't pre-order it from the right place. I mean is paying full price for the game, and in the case of UCE owners, much more than that not enough for these publishers? It would be nice to see these things as in-game unlockables like games used to do, but now we live in a time where even cheat codes get sold separately as DLC, so I guess that's unrealistic of me.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I wonder how long it is. From the trailer, it looks like the story being told isn't canon, so I guess it's not essential or anything. It would be nice to play it though.

Oh God, I think fishing would be the least of my troubles in that game. I don't even know where to start when it comes to MMO's. xD

Well excluding the fact that publishers have done such things in the past, yes, they are mostly just cosmetic in this game. Although as mentioned above, A King's Tale is an entire game that's blocked off to anybody who doesn't pre-order from a certain place. That's kind of bullshit.

I don't care that much about the skins and what not, it's just the principle of the thing I don't agree with. I don't see why you should miss out on content, no matter how insignificant, just because you didn't pre-order it from the right place. I mean is paying full price for the game, and in the case of UCE owners, much more than that not enough for these publishers? It would be nice to see these things as in-game unlockables like games used to do, but now we live in a time where even cheat codes get sold separately as DLC, so I guess that's unrealistic of me.

It is actually canon, it's about Regis and his friends when he was younger.  But I don't think it's super necessary to have.  But it is just kind of bullshit it's limited to retailers (when all the big fans who would actually want the game are preordering off Square Enix themselves to get the Deluxe or UCE).  I love those types of 2D beat 'em ups.

It is actually canon, it's about Regis and his friends when he was younger.  But I don't think it's super necessary to have.  But it is just kind of bullshit it's limited to retailers (when all the big fans who would actually want the game are preordering off Square Enix themselves to get the Deluxe or UCE).  I love those types of 2D beat 'em ups.

Oh, it is? I just saw in the trailer how Noctis asks Regis to tell him a story, and he responds by saying "Very well then, how about I make up a story?" before transitioning into gameplay. I figured that meant it wasn't canon, but you know more about these things than I do. :D

Is it bullshit if the retailer in question, which in this case is Gamestop / EB Games, privately funded the game to get its rights? I mean, of course people will say yes, but I'd say that's well within their rights since they paid for it. That's what exclusives are. Microsoft dangled a large sack of money in Crystal Dynamics' faces so that they could get a one year timed exclusive game, Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hell, if you want a physical copy of Song of the Deep, you're limited to just Gamestop / EB Games. It's just how the business works.

I understand consumers don't understand how the business side of things function, almost 90% of the time, but still, it seems absurd.

A King's Tale might be it's own entity, but it comes out the same day as XV. How many people do you honestly expect to be playing it when they could be playing XV instead? I would wager someone will play for 15 minutes, get bored, and never touch it again. Boy, that sounds like a really worth while exclusive piece of content. I think that can be said about everything on that list.

I'm not bummed out that I'm missing out on any of that junk. If it didn't make the core game, it wasn't vital to the experience. It's really as simple as that.

So Odeon cinemas in UK are showing Kingsglaive, extra new footage of the game and behind the scenes stuff.  As well as that, giving out goodie bags/prizes.

I was going to book the Belfast one but sadly it ends way past the time I can get a train/bus home. -_-

(1/3) "There's gonna be a holiday booster pack which will be free to everyone and will be available to grab sometime before Christmas."

(2/3) "Square Enix is targeting to get Final Fantasy XV run at 1080p/60FPS on the PlayStation 4 Pro."

(3/3) "In its current build, #FFXV can run 40-50FPS. They plan to release a patch sometime in December which will improve the frame rate even more."

Final Fantasy XV Aiming for 1080p/60 FPS and 4K/30 FPS Modes on PS4 Pro 

Edited by Xeliot