Final Fantasy XV megathread

DPtheGod

Finishing Final Fantasy XV:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-02-finishing-final-fantasy

This is such a good read. Here's a tiny tidbit:

Such unplanned promotions and demotions are highly unorthodox inside a major Japanese company. It's a disregard for convention that Tabata learned early in his career at Tecmo. During his first ever job interview, Tecmo's founder Kakihara asked the young Tabata what unique quality he would be able to bring to the company. Rather than suggest a clichéd virtue (a willingness to learn, perhaps, or a talent for problem-solving) Tabata replied that he was good at giving massages. Kakihara ordered the young designer to come around to his side of the desk and give him a back rub on the spot to prove it. After a while Kakihara asked Tabata how his back felt. Tabata told him that it was tight and perhaps Kakihara was sick. Speaking physiological truth to power was a risky gambit. When Tabata left Tecmo that day he worried that he'd blown the interview. A few days later, a job offer arrived.

I am getting an awful lot of additional respect for Hajime Tabata after reading this. You can tell this vision of what XV has become wouldn't have been possible without him.

• Like 1

I just received the email for the additional DLC by pre ordering the game on Amazon. Definitely will be completing those quest each week.

CwRQEeeUAAAjuEw.jpg

Ugh, I hate when games do this retailer specific bonus thing. No matter what version of the game I buy, or where I buy it from, I'll always be missing out on something. That's dumb. -_-

Edited by Undead Wolf

Not long left to wait now

I really hope the trophy list is proper grindy and expects you to see most of the content

Who am I kidding, of course it will

It's Final Fantasy

Even if it doesn't.  I will be doing everything.  I nearly done everything in FFXIV which took well over the platinum hours and I still have more stuff to do in that even with near 3000 hours put into it.

Square Enix say this game will take 200 hours to complete (100%) plus there was some rumors that there's additional chapters added in New Game +.

Edited by DEMON

Ugh, I hate when games do this retailer specific bonus thing. No matter what version of the game I buy, or where I buy it from, I'll always be missing out on something. That's dumb. -_-

Same here, with Dragon Age Origins and DA2 the retailer-specific DLC was available for free about 2 years after the release, so here's hoping Square Enix will do the same.

Same here, with Dragon Age Origins and DA2 the retailer-specific DLC was available for free about 2 years after the release, so here's hoping Square Enix will do the same.

Oh, they did? Even so, two years is quite a long time! By then, I'm sure most people will have moved on with their lives. :P That reminds me when EA started to phase out online passes from their games, and in the process, they made a bunch of DLC for their old games free. I guess they do these things because they've already gotten the money from people at that point, so making it free is a way to improve their image or something. I won't fall for this trickery! :shakefist:

Even if it's just skins like DEMON said, they could make that stuff unlockable in-game or something. That would be nice. But I guess publishers like nickel-and-diming us for everything we have. -_-

Edited by Undead Wolf