Kill Your Completion (Event finished)

Lb6dda2.png

Fallout 3

Day 1

Trophies: 3/73 (2%)

I played Fallout 3 last November and I enjoyed every minute of it :)  Like voodoo_eyes, I didn't have any trouble with the game crashing (apart from in one of the DLCs)

Been meaning to fire up New Vegas at some point.

Speaking of that new game smell, I feel very disappointed with PS4 games as they don't quite have the same delightful new game smell as PS3 games.  Maybe it's just me?

• Like 2

I really loved both Fallout games. 3 > NV

They get a bad rap for being buggy, which they are, but if you keep a few things in mind they're manageable.

Leap frog 2 or 3 saves. That way if you get stuck in an area that constantly freezes you can hopefully work around it.

Finish the main game before doing (or even installing) the DLC. One of the DLC packs can permanently glitch an important side quest. I don't think it would stop you from finishing the game, but you'd definitely have to start over to get back to that point.

The world is persistent like Skyrim. Every time you kill something, pick up, or move an object the game has to remember it. What that means is your save is constantly growing, thus taking up more and more Ram, and causing even more problems. It might be better to make an early branch save so you can finish the story and maybe a DLC, and then revert to the early save to do the rest of the DLC without your save becoming ginormous.

All in all its an amazing game, and it really captured my imagination. I only had one or two issues in my whole 2 runs but I never played any of the DLC.

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

Speaking of that new game smell, I feel very disappointed with PS4 games as they don't quite have the same delightful new game smell as PS3 games.  Maybe it's just me?

Perhaps it's the lack of manuals? That's something most(maybe all?) PS4 games don't have. 

+1 to Fallout 3. Played the hell out of that on the 360, and earned every single achievement. Took over 90 hours, so you're in for a pretty long one, MStalker. xD 

Just wanted to say thank you for the kind words.  I took voodoo_eyes advice and have been playing on my USA account, just to relax and unwind and hide away from the world for a while.  With the money I won in The Lottery event, I put it towards getting Odin Sphere (my husband funded the difference) and I've been having an absolute blast on it.  May even play Dragon's Crown after as a result.

Your sig.  <3

I see that you like the combo Velvet + Cornelius, too. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the special ending.  :)

• Like 1

Your sig.  <3

I see that you like the combo Velvet + Cornelius, too. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the special ending.  :)

It has really captured my heart <3  I've just got three more chapters for Velvet to complete and then the Armageddon Book/Boss Rush.  Undecided whether to use Cornelius or Velvet for Boss Rush, as I adore them both.  I want a little Pooka like Maury to come and bring me food ^_^

• Like 1

It has really captured my heart <3  I've just got three more chapters for Velvet to complete and then the Armageddon Book/Boss Rush.  Undecided whether to use Cornelius or Velvet for Boss Rush, as I adore them both.  I want a little Pooka like Maury to come and bring me food ^_^

Personally I went with Velvet as I was more used to her abilities than the ones of Cornelius at that point. Especially Round Flare was a nice move to regen the health rather quickly when combined with a Vampiric Ring+2. Everyone wants a little Pooka. ^_^

• Like 1

Deadpool (Day 2)

La87750.png

The only annoying part so far is that the game has mini freezes every minute or so. I don't know if it is only my game and redownloading would fix it or if it is a general problem of the game. Maybe someone here can answer me this.

I heard this problem is a common one for the PS4-version of the game. I wonder why that is, though. The PS3-version was fine in that aspect. :hmm:

What I heard that might help is to play offline on PS4 --> go to the system settings, network management and disable the internet connection.

• Like 2

Deadpool (Day 2)

La87750.png

I played some more of the game and it's the same as befor, nothing new. I bought a new melee weapon and a new gun, a shotgun.

The new melee weapon is much faster than my first one and the shotgun inflicts way more damage. The first gun is better for normal enemies though because you can aim better at the head.

The only annoying part so far is that the game has mini freezes every minute or so. I don't know if it is only my game and redownloading would fix it or if it is a general problem of the game. Maybe someone here can answer me this.

As far as I know the PS4 version is borked, so reinstalling won't fix it I think. I have the ps3 version, which runs fine.

• Like 1

I heard this problem is a common one for the PS4-version of the game. I wonder why that is, though. The PS3-version was fine in that aspect. :hmm:

What I heard that might help is to play offline on PS4 --> go to the system settings, network management and disable the internet connection.

I might try that.

Personally I went with Velvet as I was more used to her abilities than the ones of Cornelius at that point. Especially Round Flare was a nice move to regen the health rather quickly when combined with a Vampiric Ring+2. Everyone wants a little Pooka. ^_^

That ending  <3   I took your advice on using Velvet too for the boss rush, I don't even think I had to heal up at any point :D  Earned my first platinum on my alternate account and happy it was Odin Sphere...enjoyed every single minute of it.

Trying to decide what to play next on the Vita - choosing between Adventures of Mana, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.  Noticed you have got I Am Setsuna on your list, which is one I also want but need to wait for it to come down in price a little.

• Like 2

That ending  <3   I took your advice on using Velvet too for the boss rush, I don't even think I had to heal up at any point :D  Earned my first platinum on my alternate account and happy it was Odin Sphere...enjoyed every single minute of it.

Congrats. :) And that ending was just heart-warming.

Trying to decide what to play next on the Vita - choosing between Adventures of Mana, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines.  Noticed you have got I Am Setsuna on your list, which is one I also want but need to wait for it to come down in price a little.

Can't comment on Oreshika (I know it's on my account but my girlfriend played that). IMO both Adventures of Mana and Hyperdimension are nice to play.

Neptunia is a light-hearted JRPG-series and if you don't mind fighting Visual Novel-screens, Tetrominos or other obscure enemies it's a nice variation from other JRPGs as it also has a nice, action-orientned battle system IMO. But you must be aware of the fact that you shouldn't take the game's story serious.

Adventures of Mana on the other hand is a nice trip down memory lane. It's rather simple gameplay-wise and the story is near to non-existent but the biggest plus of this game is the music. And you are able to experience the roots of the Mana-series.

I Am Setsuna still needs to be played but it has to wait for a bit. After this event is over I want to focus on Wild Arms 3 as I want to plat that first. But I Am Setsuna is already in the pipeline, like many some other games. (Hyper Light Drifter and Abzû :dance:),

• Like 1

Congrats. :) And that ending was just heart-warming.

Can't comment on Oreshika (I know it's on my account but my girlfriend played that). IMO both Adventures of Mana and Hyperdimension are nice to play.

Neptunia is a light-hearted JRPG-series and if you don't mind fighting Visual Novel-screens, Tetrominos or other obscure enemies it's a nice variation from other JRPGs as it also has a nice, action-orientned battle system IMO. But you must be aware of the fact that you shouldn't take the game's story serious.

Adventures of Mana on the other hand is a nice trip down memory lane. It's rather simple gameplay-wise and the story is near to non-existent but the biggest plus of this game is the music. And you are able to experience the roots of the Mana-series.

I Am Setsuna still needs to be played but it has to wait for a bit. After this event is over I want to focus on Wild Arms 3 as I want to plat that first. But I Am Setsuna is already in the pipeline, like many some other games. (Hyper Light Drifter and Abzû :dance:),

I'm thinking I may go with Adventures of Mana - my plan is to have a game on each system on the go, gives me enough variety to keep me interested.  I'm currently right on the verge of pre-ordering Abzû, it looks amazing ^_^

• Like 1