Project Guide Creation V2.0

We earned a lot this round!

:hidden: - Well aren't you a smart@$$ (Was supposed to be to write a guide for the event, but Dragon used his mystical powers to change it to - Literally level up the guide) Earned on the day Satoshi said this thread has "leveled up" and the rest is history! kept up by the thread and zadorvp (if he wants to)

Lol, I'll take it =D

I didn't expect that post to have that much of an influence :awesome:

Yay, thread trophies :D

If you want to keep track of this, you can and I can copy/past each update in the thread as everyone communicates. Let's do 1 lever per 5 trophies for a max level of 10? You can be in charge of the rest of this.

Sure, I'll keep it up as long as people don't get annoyed by it later on :P One more thread trophy to level 3!

Lol, I'll take it =D

I didn't expect that post to have that much of an influence :awesome:

Now you must use this newly found influence to create Vita games out of nothing AND to change all default languages to Nipponese.

OH S*** I WON!!! Damn I have never won anything from this site in my life!!

dylan-shock.gif

Thank you very much for the prize NerdRage. I will take the $10 PSN Card please.

Aww, you didn't choose the snack one. Maybe someone else will. I am off from work today, so I will get a card tomorrow since I work next door to a gamestop then I will PM you the code!

• Like 1

Submitted a guide for the Sly minigames (edit - guide team recommends to help edit existing guide)

Note: I know the mini-games already has a guide, but after looking at it I knew I would end up rewriting it completely so... there.

Edited by CypherNova139

Alright, completed the Hard difficulty (as my first playthrough) of Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition; I just have the required second playthrough + cleanup left and then I'll get a new platinum. After that I'll tackle the making of a trophy guide for it so you can put me down as working on that one :P It's going to be fun figuring out how to exactly explain all the necessary stuff (I took 180 screenshots and 2 videos on this playthrough; I'm not going to use them all, since most of them are just to remind me of certain enemy groups and such), as there is quite a lot of unfairness (seriously) involved in this game's Hard difficulty xD

I've started writing my guide but I've got a question. 

When a game has multiple trophies for the same action like:

Kill 1 thing

Kill 10 things

Kill 50 things

Kill 100 things

How should they be tagged? Do I tag them all as "Grind", do I tag a specific number of them as "Grind" and the first one(s) as "Unmissable", or am I supposed to only tag the last trophy as "Grind" and leave the other trophies untagged?

I'd also like to know what to do with this trophies of this kind in the roadmap section. Should I include all of the trophies that have the same goal you work towards, even though it's unlikely to get the last few of those trophies?

Rune Factory Oceans has a bunch of those trophies (3-5 trophies each for 4 goals iirc) and if I include all of them, since they are rewarded for basic gameplay, thus you would want to and are going to work towards those trophies, it would look pretty messy since I've got almost all trophies in the story section of the roadmap and more than half of them as duplicates in the cleanup section.

Edit: Also, I'd love to decorate my guide using excerpts from screenshots but my PS3 won't let me take screenshots so I guess my guide will most likely be completely textbased.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any answers and I hope this might help other people who write guides for games with similar trophies in the future, too.

Edited by xFalionx

Kill 1 thing

Kill 10 things

Kill 50 things

Kill 100 things

How should they be tagged? Do I tag them all as "Grind", do I tag a specific number of them as "Grind" and the first one(s) as "Unmissable", or am I supposed to only tag the last trophy as "Grind" and leave the other trophies untagged?

I'd also like to know what to do with this trophies of this kind in the roadmap section. Should I include all of the trophies that have the same goal you work towards, even though it's unlikely to get the last few of those trophies?

Rune Factory Oceans has a bunch of those trophies (3-5 trophies each for 4 goals iirc) and if I include all of them, since they are rewarded for basic gameplay, thus you would want to and are going to work towards those trophies, it would look pretty messy since I've got almost all trophies in the story section of the roadmap and more than half of them as duplicates in the cleanup section.

Edit: Also, I'd love to decorate my guide using excerpts from screenshots but my PS3 won't let me take screenshots so I guess my guide will most likely be completely textbased.

Anyways, thanks in advance for any answers and I hope this might help other people who write guides for games with similar trophies in the future, too.

If they come normally without extensive backtracking, give the first three unmissable and the last Grind.

Usually only the last ones are grindy =D

That probably depends on you.

Text-only guides are pretty common, don't worry about that =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Kill 1 thing

Kill 10 things

Kill 50 things

Kill 100 things

That depends if all of them will be unlocked during natural gameplay, tag them as Unmissable. If gamers need to go out of their way to farm kills, it gets the Grind. 

If it's unlikely then don't add it to that roadmap section. Only add trophies that will be unlocked during a section. You can always add a clean up, miscellaneous, or grind section in the roadmap.

Personally I tend not to add duplicate trophies in the roadmap.

You can always try to find images on Google and cut out specific parts that you need.

• Like 2

If they come normally without extensive backtracking, give the first three unmissable and the last Grind.

Usually only the last ones are grindy =D

That probably depends on you.

Text-only guides are pretty common, don't worry about that =D

That depends if all of them will be unlocked during natural gameplay, tag them as Unmissable. If gamers need to go out of their way to farm kills, it gets the Grind. 

If it's unlikely then don't add it to that roadmap section. Only add trophies that will be unlocked during a section. You can always add a clean up, miscellaneous, or grind section in the roadmap.

Personally I tend not to add duplicate trophies in the roadmap.

You can always try to find images on Google and cut out specific parts that you need.

Thanks for those tips. It might still be a little weird but I'm sure I'll work it out.

As for the Google images, aren't there lot's of copyright problems involved with that idea? I think I'd need to search for pictures licensed for non-commercial use and modification/alteration, which won't be a lot. Especially considering that RFO is not a very well known game.

• Like 1

Thanks for those tips. It might still be a little weird but I'm sure I'll work it out.

As for the Google images, aren't there lot's of copyright problems involved with that idea? I think I'd need to search for pictures licensed for non-commercial use and modification/alteration, which won't be a lot. Especially considering that RFO is not a very well known game.

Depends on the image. If you want to add maps or something like that, you can add a credit to the site. If you just want to show an enemy that's already in an image, feel free to cut that part out and add it to the guide.

• Like 1

I m starting to write guide for Sonic Sega All Stars now and I have some questions if someone can be so nice and answer... sorry if they sound totally like noob  :lol:

Is it ok if I first write guide for all trophies in WordPad and once I have everything I will just copy/paste it to guide itself?

Also if theres a very obvious trophy description like this "Perform a fifteen second Drift." do I need to write it under every trophy similar to this "To earn this trophy you need to drift for 15 seconds"? thanks in advance.

I m starting to write guide for Sonic Sega All Stars now and I have some questions if someone can be so nice and answer... sorry if they sound totally like noob  :lol:

Is it ok if I first write guide for all trophies in WordPad and once I have everything I will just copy/paste it to guide itself?

Also if theres a very obvious trophy description like this "Perform a fifteen second Drift." do I need to write it under every trophy similar to this "To earn this trophy you need to drift for 15 seconds"? thanks in advance.

Yeah, you can do that. I usually do that too. Keep in mind to add things like trophy links if necessary. Also the layout won't transfer, so you'll have to correct that again.

For trophies like that I'd explain how to drift and give a location/level that's easy to obtain the trophy.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Yeah, you can do that. I usually do that too. Keep in mind to add things like trophy links if necessary. Also the layout won't transfer, so you'll have to correct that again.

For trophies like that I'd explain how to drift and give a location/level that's easy to obtain the trophy.

ok thanks :) and sure thing, I will add best location to do some trophies as well as alternate solutions if there are any.

I considered joining this, but it might not be a good idea. All the games I considered already have a guide, I don't think my skills in the game aren't sufficient for writing a guide or I don't feel like replaying a game to write a guide (mostly the former than the latter two). Plus, I don't know whether I'll have the time to write a guide or not.

If it's still okay, then feel free to add me (it's entirely possible that I'll never write a guide), otherwise don't, let me know and I'll come back once I've made up my mind.

edit: On second thoughts, Ikenie to Yuki on Setsuna's (I Am Setsuna) release is next week, I might try writing a guide for this game. If I enjoy it enough to do it, that is.

Edited by viech54

I considered joining this, but it might not be a good idea. All the games I considered already have a guide, I don't think my skills in the game aren't sufficient for writing a guide or I don't feel like replaying a game to write a guide (mostly the former than the latter two). Plus, I don't know whether I'll have the time to write a guide or not.

If it's still okay, then feel free to add me (it's entirely possible that I'll never write a guide), otherwise don't, let me know and I'll come back once I've made up my mind.

edit: On second thoughts, Ikenie to Yuki on Setsuna's (I Am Setsuna) release is next week, I might try writing a guide for this game. If I enjoy it enough to do it, that is.

Definitely sign up anyways whether or not you feel like you can write a guide anytime soon. You may always get a sudden motivation to work on a guide later on or perhaps even want to collaborate with someone else on a guide (that way you won't have to do it all on your own) :)

OH S*** I WON!!! Damn I have never won anything from this site in my life!!

dylan-shock.gif

Thank you very much for the prize NerdRage. I will take the $10 PSN Card please.

Because I am a dumb idiot, I didn't realize that the PSN card I got wouldn't work for you. Congrats on Premium Membership! Maybe you will win another super secret bias trophy and win some snacks  :D

• Like 1

I got a bit delayed by real life stuff so the Rock Band 4 guide isn't quite done yet, but it's progressing quite nicely and I'm happy with it.

I think I will do Alekhine's Gun afterwards, though I've yet to play it and it may end up not being my cup of tea.

Definitely sign up anyways whether or not you feel like you can write a guide anytime soon. You may always get a sudden motivation to work on a guide later on or perhaps even want to collaborate with someone else on a guide (that way you won't have to do it all on your own) :)

Alright, I'll do that. It's just as you said, I might end up wanting to write a guide all of a sudden and, while the guides I wrote so far are no trohpy guides and not in English, I wrote some before. Shouldn't be that much of a difference.

So, please sign me up for this.

Edited by viech54

Alright, I'll do that. It's just as you said, I might end up wanting to write a guide all of a sudden and, while the guides I wrote so far are no trohpy guides and not in English, I wrote some before. Shouldn't be that much of a difference.

So, please sign me up for this.

As well, you can also take a look at some of the other guides to see which sort of writing style will best suit you when you do decide upon a guide to write. I find it as a motivation of sorts if anything.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

Lots of people have been asking for a PS4 version of the Saints Row Gat out of Hell guide and someone created one and added me as a contributor. I'm not sure if this counts as another guide for the event, I only need to copy it and change the trophy links.

If you are okay with and you can get that person to post here, I will count it.

Lots of people have been asking for a PS4 version of the Saints Row Gat out of Hell guide and someone created one and added me as a contributor. I'm not sure if this counts as another guide for the event, I only need to copy it and change the trophy links.

Is the trophy list the same as the PS3 version, or are there a couple of different trophies?