Project Guide Creation V2.0

I hope this DLC is available regionally everywhere in Europe AND is reasonably priced. Will there be a season pass available?

Careful. This may be episodic DLC that won't be released on time, or it could be something similar to Sound Shapes lol  :awesome: 

Edited by GarciaFever

Starting in August I will be adding DLC trophies for the Thread Trophies. These will be continue until January 2017 with about 5-10 coming out every month to keep everyone interested. As of now the theme-subject-to-change will be:

August - Summer Writers Club 

September - Back to School (Mostly guide team oriented so they can have some fun  :D thanks for working so hard guys!)

October - 2spooky4me

November - Food and Fall related

December - Holiday Cheer

January - New Year 2017!

If your country has upcoming events that the typical American wouldn't know about, please let me know and I will do some research on these holidays and events! These DLC trophies will be related to events happening in that month, or to just keep things interesting. There will still be prizes and a bunch of other things to keep the event going! 

If we don't have the platinum by then, we will just have to chug away until we get it. Until then, keep going everyone!

Lol, here's hoping there will be a DLC trophy for 10,000 or more posts :awesome:. I'm looking forward to the Back to School pack :D.

As for Holidays: The Netherlands has one on December 5 every year. It's called Sinterklaas and it's similar to Santa Claus.

The lack of a space would be syntax that I can correct if that's necessary.  Sometimes I remember to put them in when writing a guide, sometimes I don't.  I pay more attention to my spacing, in particular not going with the double space after the end of a sentence (I remember being called out on that when submitting my first guide for review.)

As for the lack of trophy tags, it's my opinion that they aren't applicable.  I've written a half-dozen previous guides, and I've never been particularly profligate about applying tags in the first place.  Armello isn't really a typical game that can be pigeonholed the way so many other games are.  There really isn't a viable "trophy road map" to be made for it because it is so dis-similar to most other titles out there and a trophy hunt is largely non-linear.  I've tried to describe the trophies as best as possible, given tips for how I feel certain things are best done, but otherwise it's really up to a given Player to decide how to attack things once s/he understands the game.

Ok.

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how you do links within your trophy guide the ones where you click them and it scrolls down to the trophy you are linking it to. When I m doing it my links are opening a new page -_- I m trying to do exactly as described in How to write a guide

Links Within Your Guide

All URLs should be in the default color, this is to ensure that users know there is a link. If you are using an icon with a link (such as a trophy image) place it before the link. This is how your links, to other parts of your guide, should look when you insert them: 0e8a5f.png Tagging Trophies

If you need to link to a section or trophy within your guide, right-click and copy the URL from within the Guide Contents on the right hand side of the page. Then go to the tip you are editing and highlight the name of the trophy and press the 8708bc.jpg(Link) button in the edit toolbar; paste the link there and press OK. Like magic, your text will now be linked up!

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

Can someone tell me how you do links within your trophy guide the ones where you click them and it scrolls down to the trophy you are linking it to. When I m doing it my links are opening a new page -_- I m trying to do exactly as described in How to write a guide

Links Within Your Guide

All URLs should be in the default color, this is to ensure that users know there is a link. If you are using an icon with a link (such as a trophy image) place it before the link. This is how your links, to other parts of your guide, should look when you insert them: 0e8a5f.png Tagging Trophies

If you need to link to a section or trophy within your guide, right-click and copy the URL from within the Guide Contents on the right hand side of the page. Then go to the tip you are editing and highlight the name of the trophy and press the 8708bc.jpg(Link) button in the edit toolbar; paste the link there and press OK. Like magic, your text will now be linked up!

To link trophies, first write the trophy name. Afterwards right-click the trophy from the list on the right side (this is very important, otherwise you'll link to the trophy list instead of the guide). Select the text you want to embed a link to, click on the Link button and paste the link. Afterwards place a trophy icon before it. If you've done this, it should work. Also if you're in Edit Guide mode, the guide will reload in normal mode. Try clicking the link again in normal mode to see if it scrolls down, if it doesn't, post the link to your guide and I'll take a look.

To link trophies, first write the trophy name. Afterwards right-click the trophy from the list on the right side (this is very important, otherwise you'll link to the trophy list instead of the guide). Select the text you want to embed a link to, click on the Link button and paste the link. Afterwards place a trophy icon before it. If you've done this, it should work. Also if you're in Edit Guide mode, the guide will reload in normal mode. Try clicking the link again in normal mode to see if it scrolls down, if it doesn't, post the link to your guide and I'll take a look.

I see, thanks a lot. Its working, I was clicking it during edit mode and it was reloading normal mode :facepalm: as you said

Edited by ReimiSaionji9742

Ok, let me know if you have more questions. Good luck with the guide :D.

Just finished :lol: awaiting review now. I didnt knew how to tag some trophies so I left them untaged as I saw some other guide makers left untaged trophies as well.

Just finished :lol: awaiting review now. I didnt knew how to tag some trophies so I left them untaged as I saw some other guide makers left untaged trophies as well.

Well tagging trophies isn't optional, but mandatory. It creates an overview at the top of the guide to quickly notify readers of what kind of trophies there are for a game. There are very few guides where not a single tag wasn't applicable. To tag trophies click on the blue Edit Tags button in the upper right corner (next to the Edit Trophy button).

Edit:

Oh never mind, I saw you tagged the trophies. 

Edited by Dragon-Archon

What the hell! Since when do you have more than 10,000 posts :blink: ?

Um... since the... special... occasion? :awesome:

Congrats btw :yay:

Thanks :D Trying to hold onto the promise/question I gave you on your interview  :awesome:

did you do something special for #10,000?

Of course I did :D

Because there could be nothing more special :awesome:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/187-most-recent-platinum/page-999#entry1038346

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/statuses/user/67539-satoshi-ookami/?status_id=120426

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

While my Muse has continued to be very uncooperative -- I believe I see her curled up and snoring in the shade nearby -- I've ground out the rest of the Armello guide and finally submitted it for publishing.

Published! Nicely done  :yay:

might as well join since i am currently writing a guide for Gundam Breaker 3

Yours is published as well, thanks for making those improvements! :yay: One helpful tip though, your guide had a lot of spelling errors (I fixed all of them, so no worries this time). These are easy to miss, but a good way to spot these are by pressing the "Source" button at the top-left of the edit toolbar and this will red-underline all spelling errors you've made. Be sure to check this after you've finished typing a trophy. ;)

Yours is published as well, thanks for making those improvements! :yay: One helpful tip though, your guide had a lot of spelling errors (I fixed all of them, so no worries this time). These are easy to miss, but a good way to spot these are by pressing the "Source" button at the top-left of the edit toolbar and this will red-underline all spelling errors you've made. Be sure to check this after you've finished typing a trophy. ;)

Good thing you mentioned this, Mango!

One thing, dunno if it's browser-related or something, but Source switch suddenly started working differently.

Previously, it would show the source code nicely line after line but at the moment, when you switch to source code, it just shows one big ugly line of text which you need to browse through with scroll bar.

If you have a wall of text, it's ultra annoying to check your spelling this way.

Can you ask Sly whether he changed some settings?

Thanks Mango, though i caught all of those. I might import my Blood Knights guide but there are 2 things. 1: the only videos are from an external cam so they are un-usable on this site. 2: for 1 trophy there is a LOT of pics, too many for 1 trophy so i had to make a forum post and link it to the guide. i would guess that i would need a Collection guide" just for that. i will remember the "source" option for next time.

Good thing you mentioned this, Mango!

One thing, dunno if it's browser-related or something, but Source switch suddenly started working differently...

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about and it's really annoying, lol. I asked Sly the day i noticed the change a few months ago and he said he didn't alter anything. Turns out Chrome just decided one day they would change how source code was displayed in their browser (Google enjoys messing their browser up by switching or moving a tiny thing from time to time). Because of that, I'd recommend to use Firefox or something when doing a spellcheck on your guide. Annoying I know, thanks Google! lol

Thanks Mango, though i caught all of those. I might import my Blood Knights guide but there are 2 things. 1: the only videos are from an external cam so they are un-usable on this site. 2: for 1 trophy there is a LOT of pics, too many for 1 trophy so i had to make a forum post and link it to the guide. i would guess that i would need a Collection guide" just for that. i will remember the "source" option for next time.

Yeah, it sounds like that would require a separate gameplay guide if you had to make a separate forum post for it. Also, maybe link me your videos or your guide so I can see them. We don't advise an external cam taking a photo or a video unless absolutely necessary, but if it's the only source then it should be okay to use.

Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about and it's really annoying, lol. I asked Sly the day i noticed the change a few months ago and he said he didn't alter anything. Turns out Chrome just decided one day they would change how source code was displayed in their browser (Google enjoys messing their browser up by switching or moving a tiny thing from time to time). Because of that, I'd recommend to use Firefox or something when doing a spellcheck on your guide. Annoying I know, thanks Google! lol

Yeah, it sounds like that would require a separate gameplay guide if you had to make a separate forum post for it. Also, maybe link me your videos or your guide so I can see them. We don't advise an external cam taking a photo or a video unless absolutely necessary, but if it's the only source then it should be okay to use.

Here you go Mango

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blood-knights/250636-blood-knights-na-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blood-knights/251244-all-blood-coins.html

not my best work but it was my first guide. i could probably add more detail if i move it here.

Here you go Mango

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blood-knights/250636-blood-knights-na-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/blood-knights/251244-all-blood-coins.html

not my best work but it was my first guide. i could probably add more detail if i move it here.

Yeah, it would be a bit of a fixer-upper. Basically for the Blood Coin images you'd want to crop them so it's not showing your TV edges or the photo timestamp and stuff. This can be pretty much fixed by cropping the sides of the image if needed and then resizing the image to 1920 pixels wide and then placing it to a canvas size of 1920x1080 pixels (I could probably do this when I have time, ask me about it via PM). Also if you're the one who made the videos, I'd say the way they are filmed is okay if it's the only way, but I would say to add custom thumbnails to the videos (If you don't know how to do that, ask me via PM too if you decide to transfer it) :P

Edited by BlindMango

Congratulations to the newly published guides' writers :D

It is at the low low price of $99.99 each. This is only available to the residents of Antartica, but we will be working to get it brought to our neighbor, mars, as well.

Sounds perfect :yay: Any news on a Guide of the Year Edition release with all the DLC included?

For example Japanese genies that see the guides I'm doing for this event? :awesome:

Vita games in Nipponese? Now that actually sounds like a plausible scenario if Vita games ever got released; they'd be unlikely to release in the West, for sure. Those genies may not have to work very hard to convince me in that case.

• Like 1

Yeah, it would be a bit of a fixer-upper. Basically for the Blood Coin images you'd want to crop them so it's not showing your TV edges or the photo timestamp and stuff. This can be pretty much fixed by cropping the sides of the image if needed and then resizing the image to 1920 pixels wide and then placing it to a canvas size of 1920x1080 pixels (if you end up transferring this over and don't know how to crop images, ask me how to do this via PM). Also if you're the one who made the videos, I'd say the way they are filmed is okay if it's the only way, but I would say to add custom thumbnails to the videos (If you don't know how to do that, ask me via PM too if you decide to transfer it) :P

Ill let you know if i decide to. thanks.

Thank you.  This one was more of a pain in the butt than my previous half-dozen guides combined. 

I went back this evening and did a little bit of additional touch-up.  Fixed a typo, added another paragraph-let to one of the trophies where tonight's re-read showed something I omitted, and found one spot where I had left a placeholder reference because I didn't have a game Card name handy and put in the necessary info there.

I didn't see an option to re-submit, just one to save the guide in its new state.  But if it needs to be looked over again.... well, now you know.  B)

• Like 1

Well done to both!

DarkHarmonixer beat me to the rare trophy by about two days :(

Making great progress on my Alekhine's Gun guide. It's definitely right up my alley in terms of the game itself and the trophy list.

Thank you.  This one was more of a pain in the butt than my previous half-dozen guides combined. 

I went back this evening and did a little bit of additional touch-up.  Fixed a typo, added another paragraph-let to one of the trophies where tonight's re-read showed something I omitted, and found one spot where I had left a placeholder reference because I didn't have a game Card name handy and put in the necessary info there.

I didn't see an option to re-submit, just one to save the guide in its new state.  But if it needs to be looked over again.... well, now you know.  B)

Yeah, just saving is enough when the guide is already published, no need to have it reviewed again to publish the changes.

Well done to both!

DarkHarmonixer beat me to the rare trophy by about two days :(

Making great progress on my Alekhine's Gun guide. It's definitely right up my alley in terms of the game itself and the trophy list.

I'm looking forward to your guide. I've wanted to play Alekhine's Gun, but put it on hold when it still had an unobtainable platinum.

Edited by zadorvp