Project Guide Creation V2.0

Oh! I so totally forgot I actually read that thread and got inspired to write a Jak 3 guide.

At first I thought of doing Jak II as well, but because I'm one to use the Orb glitch on Jak II I need a contributor who can do the Orb side missions in order for me to release a Jak II guide, so I went with Jak 3 as I've gotten all 600 Orbs.

I also have started Sly 3 as well, but that's only about 5% done. After spending a couple weeks on Jak 3 it might be a while for me to get it written.

Edit: Got to celebrate!

RGs8CPJR.png

Those trophy images should be used whenever anyone gets a trophy.

Hey guys. I've been thinking about writing a guide for the first time lately, and plan on using this event as a motivation to do it! I'm currently enjoying playing Battleborn right now and keeping up with everything without a guide is such a pain. I believe I would like to attempt in making a guide for this massive game, as it would not only help me but many others as well. 

• Like 1

Well I got 4-5 messages from a certain Dragon notifying me that my guide had been published. I guess the Guide Team can troll people right back with spamming notifications.  :P

Lol, good to know :awesome:.

:hidden: - The pros like us too (Have a member of the guide team join and write a guide during the event) Earned by Dragon-Archon on July 5th 2016

Yay :dance:, I really thought this was for mods posting in the thread.

Any tips, suggestions, criticism, or thoughts are always welcome. 

Most of the guides submitted by first-timers is sent back for revisions. Your guide is very good for a first attempt:

• The guide is detailed.
  • The information is relevant and to the point.
  • Sentence structure and use of English is good.
  • Sentences don't drag on and aren't riddled with too many commas.
  • Videos has the correct title.
  • Trophy links were embedded with the correct URLs
  • Trophy tags were used correctly.
  • You used a bulleted list to sum up information.

Some things to keep in mind for future guides:

• When you have a long bulleted/numbered list with a few words on every line, it's better to make it a multi-columned list. This prevents readers from scrolling up and down all the time.

From the looks of it I could complete the game with this guide and I wouldn't have to look up information on other sites, which is how guides are supposed to be.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4

Going to try unlocking :hidden: - Hey all you people. At first I thought this had something to do with a certain number of people joining the event, publishing guides, or something along those lines. However, it's right next to trophies like Marco and KnockKnock on the trophy list so maybe it's similar to those? Based off NerdRage04's avatar and the fact that SpongeBob was the first thing that popped up when I googled the phrase, I'm going to just try this:

Won't you listen to me?

Some things to keep in mind for future guides:

• When you have a long bulleted/numbered list with a few words on every line, it's better to make it a multi-columned list. This prevents readers from scrolling up and down all the time.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I noticed one of my lists was changed to multi-columned and it looked a lot better. Didn't even think about that so I'll definitely keep that in mind for future guides. Going to check out more guides from the pros to try learning formatting techniques like those that make guides look better and more organized. 

Just as ''half-ass'' as you said it was yesterday or did you still work some more on it? :P

I did add a picture showing where to get a collectable for a trophy.

I would hate for you to waste your time and the guide team's time. This is not how you obtain this trophy.

I think Dragon laughed at it, so not a total waste. Dragon, am I correct?

Good to know that trophy requires something different!

Aaaand it's sent back for revisions ... lots and lots of major revisions.

Ok, the first revision is being added now. I may wait a while though, might need to playtest some more.

edit  - I'm actually writing serious guides after this.

Edited by CypherNova139
  • Like 1

I did add a picture showing where to get a collectable for a trophy.

I think Dragon laughed at it, so not a total waste. Dragon, am I correct?

Good to know that trophy requires something different!

Ok, the first revision is being added now. I may wait a while though, might need to playtest some more.

edit  - I'm actually writing serious guides after this.

Lol, this proves that trophy hunting in this thread will happen just as excessively as on PSN :P

• Like 1

Damn my attempt at getting " :hidden: - Hey all you people" didn't seem to work. Been looking over the thread trophies and figured I'd post my guesses. Some of these have been guessed before by other people but now we have more numbers and trophies unlocked so we have a better idea about some of them. Maybe a few are correct or at least might spark an idea in someone else who can figure them out. 

:platinum:   - Well Aren't We A Social Family

:bronze: - Likeable (a post reached 10 or more likes) Earned by PSNP on June 29th 2016!

:hidden: - Local Icon (a post reached 25 or more likes)

:hidden: - Pop Star (a post reached 50 or more likes)

:bronze: - Oh look, a notification (Over 100 posts have been made to the thread) Earned by PSNP on July 1st 2016!

:hidden: - I think we are trending? (Over 200 posts have been made to the thread)

:hidden: - We could be a best seller! (Over 300 posts have been made to the thread)

:bronze: - Enough to fill a house (10 participants joined) Earned by PSNP on June 28th 2016!

:silver: - Enough to fill a hotel (25 participants joined) Earned by PSNP on July 1st 2016!

:hidden: - Enough to fill a mansion (50 particpants joined)

:hidden: - Newspaper ready (10 guides created by thread members)

:hidden: - Let's make a book (25 guides created by thread members)

:hidden: - We can fill a library (50 guides created by thread members)

:hidden: - Supplements are good for you (make a supplemental guide to a main trophy guide)

:bronze: - I have a group (Have 10 or more people follow this thread) Earned by PSNP on July 6th 2016!

:hidden: - I have a posse (Have 25 or more people follow this thread)

:hidden: - Stop looking at me! (Have 50 or more people follow this thread)

:hidden: - Is this thing still on? (24 hours without a reply to thread)

:hidden: - You must have enjoyed it (Create a guide with a platinum that requires more than 1 playthrough)

:hidden: - Did you even enjoy it? (Create a guide with a platinum that requires more than 5 playthroughs)

:silver: - The pros like us too (Have a member of the guide team join and write a guide during the event) Earned by Dragon-Archon on July 5th 2016!

:silver: - We are in Hollywood! (Have 4 different guide team members post to the thread) Earned by the guide team on July 3rd 2016!

:hidden: - The Legend Himself (Sly post to the thread)

:hidden: - Group Project (a collaboration guide was made by 2 or more thread members)

:hidden: - Zero to Hero (no idea? I was thinking it was for someone winning a premium membership but that already happened)

:hidden: - Well aren't you a smart@$$ (create a trophy guide for thread trophies. If it has something to do with actual guides, then I have no clue.)

:hidden: - Artistic Talent (make a banner for the thread. If I had any artistic or graphical talent I'd try this out but I don't)

:hidden: - How long is this thing? (One month has passed)

:hidden: - ...Maybe forever? (One year has passed)

:hidden: - That was easy (Create a guide with a platinum rated as common at the time of publication)

:bronze: - That took some effort (Create a guide with a platinum rated as uncommon at the time of publication) Earned by CypherNova139 on July 4th 2016!

:hidden: - That was hard (Create a guide with a platinum rated as rare at the time of publication)

:hidden: - That was very hard (Create a guide with a platinum rated as very rare at the time of publication)

:hidden: - That was impossible! (Create a guide with a platinum rated as ultra rare at the time of publication)

:bronze: - That was fast (Created a guide with a platinum that requires less than 50 hours) Earned by CypherNova139 on July 4th 2016!

:hidden: - Am I done yet? (Created a guide with a platinum that requires more than 50 hours)

:hidden: - It's finally over! (Created a guide with a platinum that requires 100+ hours)

:bronze: - Request Received! (Create a guide the community asked for) Earned by CypherNova139 on July 4th 2016! 

:bronze:  - Marco...? (reply with Polo) Earned by xFalionx on June 28th 2016!

:bronze:  - KnockKnock....? (reply with Who's there) Earned by Dragon-Archon on June 28th 2016!

:hidden: - Hey all you people (thread receives 5,000 views)

:hidden: - One game to join them all (maybe something to do with writing all guide types for the same game. Main trophy guide, DLC, walkthrough guides, etc.)

:bronze: - First! (be the first to post, yes we went there) Earned by kuuhaku on June 27th 2016!

:bronze: - Wow, he was serious! (First person to earn a reward) Earned by LucasV9991 on June 30th 2016!

:hidden: - Dent the Piggy Bank  (Seabear's bank status turns to yellow)

:hidden: - Break the Piggy Bank (Seabear's bank status turns to red)

:bronze: - The new guy... for now (someone with 50 or fewer posts replied) Earned by FFHannibal on June 28th 2016!

:bronze: - I'v seen you before (have someone with 3000 or more posts reply) Earned by Satoshi Ookami on June 28th 2016!

:hidden: - Lucky 777's (777th reply to thread)

:hidden: - Professional Tester (maybe when a thread member creates multiple guides (maybe 5 or something) all for different games. They would be a professional game tester since they play so many different games and write guides for so many games? I have no idea. 

• Like 3

I was thinking maybe this was for 777 guide views :dunno:. The SR Gat out of Hell guide surpassed that today.

I'm going to give this one a shot. Do you have a preference for the banner (colour, theme, etc.)?

Your guide will most likely be the first to reach the 777 trophy if the requirements are met.

If you plan on making it, it is all up to you Dragon.

Your guide will most likely be the first to reach the 777 trophy if the requirements are met.

If you plan on making it, it is all up to you Dragon.

What if the 777 trophy is for 7 favourites, 7 ratings, and 7 views :hmm:...

Ok, I'll see what I can do.

Plot twist, you have to screenshot it to prove it :awesome:

Just take a look at the guide and you can see if for yourself ;).

It was the only trophy I didn't have a guess for, but I've finally thought of something for it. Probably wrong but it's the best I could come up with.

:hidden: - Zero to Hero (have a thread member win a premium membership and then publish another guide, sending them into Hero status)

EDIT: Or it could be something like have someone's first ever post in the forums be in this thread. That seems like it could be almost impossible though without some boosting with alt accounts. Then again, it'd be a fitting online platinum if it required some boosting.  :P I'm just rambling now so I'm going to stop guessing for a while. Can't think of anything else for some of these harder ones. 

Edited by MStalker58

I'm making good progress on my Rock Band 4 guide. It's a bit of a difficult guide to structure because there are so many individual parts that go into the platinum. Hoping to have it done by Sunday though.