Project Guide Creation V2.0

Alright, submitted the Lone Wolf guide now. It's probably not perfect, but hopefully the required revisions won't be too massive.

Also, forgot to do this after the two most recent guides getting published:

Yay, Project Guide Creation reached level 3! Please allocate 5 attribute points (first-come, first choice):

VIT (Vita games - how many guides we'll be able to make for Vita games; default 0 since there are 0 Vita games) - currently at 1 somehow OVER MAX

DEF (Definitive Edition Trophy Guides - how many guides for games with "Definitive Edition" in the name we could potentially make) - currently at 5 MAX

CON (Concert - how many times we can act in concert/work together to collaborate on guides) - currently at 1

ACC (Accuracy - how accurate our guide information can be) - currently at 8

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 8

MAG (Magnificence - how high the quality of our guides can be) - currently at 8

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 8

SPD (Speed - how high the speed of our guide output can be; Note: should be equally balanced with at least Acc, Mag, and Spr as often as possible to avoid being sent back for revisions) - currently at 7

EVA (Evaluation - how high the effectiveness, speed, focus, and professionalism of the Guide Team can be) - currently at 255 MAX

LUCK (Luck - getting your guide attention from a lucky PlayStation + inclusion or other relevant occurence) - currently at 777 MAX but always does a RNG check

We would be level 4 if we did 5 trophies per level. Maybe I should do something awesome if we manage to hit level 10.

ALSO: 

I realize a lot of people have ninja joined, If I haven't added you please quote me in someway so that I can add you to the OP with the guide you are currently writing. Even if you are on the fence please join the event. You will be helping this thread in their progress to that shiny thread platinum.

Edited by NerdRage04

So I went to review a guide and saw Joe Dever's Lone Wolf is next. After seeing the amount of info, I pretty much looked like this:

tumblr_nfldcdCncB1rl5r8vo5_500.gif

I'm going in, see you all in a few months.

I apologize in advance for what will be a very unorganized guide at certain parts.

Reviewed this one first (sorry zdorvp, I'll stop procrastinating and go work on yours now) and there are some things you need to revise, I left a comment in the guide.

Actually, now that I see this part... can I request a different reviewer :P? I thought you were very good with attention to details, but you spelled my name "zdorvp" right there.

We would be level 4 if we did 5 trophies per level. Maybe I should do something awesome if we manage to hit level 10.

Confession: I suck at math and assumed you meant "5 trophies per level" going forward from us reaching level 2 xD I can retroactively pump us up to level 4 now then to make up for that silliness—should I keep the current attribute numbers or should I let people add an additional 5 points to them?

Actually, now that I see this part... can I request a different reviewer :P? I thought you were very good with attention to details, but you spelled my name "zdorvp" right there.

That's uhm .... it's a nickname I came up with for you, z-dorvp sounds pretty good imo :awesome:.

I apologize in advance for what will be a very unorganized guide at certain parts.

Well, in that case I'm regret to inform you that the guide has been sent back. Please resubmit again after organizing it better :P. Woohoo, I dodged the bullet there :dance:.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

While my Muse has continued to be very uncooperative -- I believe I see her curled up and snoring in the shade nearby -- I've ground out the rest of the Armello guide and finally submitted it for publishing.

Nice, congrats :yay:. I took a quick look and noticed there isn't a space between the trophy icon and trophy name. Also you didn't use any trophy tags: is that because not a single tag was applicable or because you didn't know about them?

Confession: I suck at math and assumed you meant "5 trophies per level" going forward from us reaching level 2 xD I can retroactively pump us up to level 4 now then to make up for that silliness—should I keep the current attribute numbers or should I let people add an additional 5 points to them?

Whatever you want to do, you're the boss.

Whatever you want to do, you're the boss.

Well, a max level of 10 to match the trophy count does sound nicer so I'll go with your version and level us up to 4 ^^

Please allocate 5 attribute points (first-come, first choice):

VIT (Vita games - how many guides we'll be able to make for Vita games; default 0 since there are 0 Vita games) - currently at 1 somehow OVER MAX

DEF (Definitive Edition Trophy Guides - how many guides for games with "Definitive Edition" in the name we could potentially make) - currently at 5 MAX

CON (Concert - how many times we can act in concert/work together to collaborate on guides) - currently at 1

ACC (Accuracy - how accurate our guide information can be) - currently at 10

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 10

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 9

SPD (Speed - how high the speed of our guide output can be; Note: should be equally balanced with at least Acc, Mag, and Spr as often as possible to avoid being sent back for revisions) - currently at 7

EVA (Evaluation - how high the effectiveness, speed, focus, and professionalism of the Guide Team can be) - currently at 255 MAX

LUCK (Luck - getting your guide attention from a lucky PlayStation + inclusion or other relevant occurence) - currently at 777 MAX but always does a RNG check

Well, a max level of 10 to match the trophy count does sound nicer so I'll go with your version and level us up to 4 ^^

STR (Strategy - how detailed and in-depth the guide information can be) - currently at 10

SPR (Sprucing - how grammatically correct, organized, etc our guides can be) - currently at 9

In that case:

• 2 points in MAG
  • 1 point in SPR
  • 3 points in SPD
  • the remaining 4 points have to go to CON, since that's the only one not maxed out yet. But wait, I found that genie earlier and wish to extend the limit of VIT to 10, so put the 4 points in VIT instead :awesome:.
Edited by Dragon-Archon

I'm gonna say +2 points STR, +2 points MAG and +1 point SPR. :D

Edit: Or not since I wasn't fast enough. :P I should increase my own SPD first, shouldn't I?

Edited by xFalionx

In that case:

• 2 points in MAG
  • 1 point in SPR
  • 3 points in SPD
  • the remaining 4 points have to go to CON, since that's the only one not maxed out yet. But wait, I found that genie earlier and wish to extend the limit of VIT to 10, so put the 4 points in VIT instead :awesome:.

You're jumping ahead a bit :P We only reached level 4, so there's only 5 new points to use. Can you pick five from your list ^^?

In that case:

• 2 points in MAG
  • 1 point in SPR
  • 3 points in SPD

He still won't allow us to overcome non-existence of Vita games :awesome:

Alright, submitted the Lone Wolf guide now. It's probably not perfect, but hopefully the required revisions won't be too massive.

~4,500 words of Rock Band 4 are in the pipe awaiting review.

You both did a fantastic job on your guides! They're now published  :yay:

Something for each of you to know next time you write something though:

• zadorvp - You can center text and images by highlighting the text, pressing the "Styles" menu at the top-right of the edit toolbar, and selecting "Center". You can do it with images by clicking the image while you're in edit mode so it becomes blue-highlighted, then select "Center" from the Styles menu. I fixed all of these in your guide too.
  • Superunknown - Be sure to link trophies when you reference them. It needs to look like this: :gold: Rock Band Immortal. The link URL needs to be taken from the list on the right side of your guide, if the link is taken from anywhere else, it will be the wrong link! While editing a trophy tip, you can get the trophy symbol from the edit toolbar with the button that looks like a PlayStation " :cross: Button". There also needs to be a space between the trophy title and the trophy symbol. I think I caught every instance of this in your guide and fixed it ;)
Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Wooo premium membership here I come!

I'm working hard on my second guide, Alekhine's Gun, right now. Hoping to have it up over the weekend, and I'll be trying my hand at video for this one (couldn't see a part in Rock Band where that would be helpful.)

• Like 3

You're jumping ahead a bit :P We only reached level 4, so there's only 5 new points to use. Can you pick five from your list ^^?

Oh, my bad. I thought we leveled up 2 times. I'll go with:

• 2 points in MAG
  • 1 point in SPR
  • 2 points in SPD
  • Using the genie to wish for an increase of the VIT cap  :awesome:.

He still won't allow us to overcome non-existence of Vita games :awesome:

I'll just try again :awesome:

~4,500 words of Rock Band 4 are in the pipe awaiting review. I feel good about it though it's such a strange game to write a guide for owing to the different options DLC gives you, the required peripherals, and the inherent skill gap that comes with a game like this, not to mention the weird trophy progression for the career mode. It will be nice to do a more conventional game next.

Great job! you're membership will be coming shortly.

You also unlocked  :bronze: - Am I done yet? (Create a guide with a platinum game that requires 50 or more hours to complete)

Great job! 

MarsipanRumpan, xFalionx and me officially 'teamed-up' and took the first few steps in creating the guide for LittleBigPlanet PlayStation Vita so you can add that too the list :)

Added!

Could you add LittleBigPlanet (the PS3 version) to this? This great game doesn't have a guide, and I am tempted to remedy that. :)

Added

• Like 1

You both did a fantastic job on your guides! They're now published  :yay:

Something for each of you to know next time you write something though:

• zadorvp - You can center text and images by highlighting the text, pressing the "Styles" menu at the top-right of the edit toolbar, and selecting "Center". You can do it with images by clicking the image while you're in edit mode so it becomes blue-highlighted, then select "Center" from the Styles menu. I fixed all of these in your guide too.
  • Superunknown - Be sure to link trophies when you reference them. It needs to look like this: :gold: Rock Band Immortal. The link URL needs to be taken from the list on the right side of your guide, if the link is taken from anywhere else, it will be the wrong link! While editing a trophy tip, you can get the trophy symbol from the edit toolbar with the button that looks like a PlayStation " :cross: Button". There also needs to be a space between the trophy title and the trophy symbol. I think I caught every instance of this in your guide and fixed it ;)

Yay, 24 published guides for me then :P Nearly halfway to 50 :giggle: Thanks for the centering info. I still have a lot to try out on the Styles section (played around it a bit on this one and the Syberia 2 guide), so I'll keep that in mind for the next one :)

Congratulations on the guide publishment and premium membership, Superunknown!

Oh, my bad. I thought we leveled up 2 times. I'll go with:

• 2 points in MAG
  • 1 point in SPR
  • 2 points in SPD
  • Using the genie to wish for an increase of the VIT cap  :awesome:.

I'll just try again :awesome:

MAG increased to 10!

SPR increased to 10!

SPD increased to 9!

What's this? VIT increased to 2!*

*I guess I'll have to begrudgingly allow this since a Genie showed up and told me a PlayStation Vita version of LittleBigPlanet exists... and it's getting a collaborative guide.

• Like 3

Yay, 24 published guides for me then :P Nearly halfway to 50 :giggle: Thanks for the centering info. I still have a lot to try out on the Styles section (played around it a bit on this one and the Syberia 2 guide), so I'll keep that in mind for the next one :)

MAG increased to 10!

SPR increased to 10!

SPD increased to 9!

What's this? VIT increased to 2!*

*I guess I'll have to begrudgingly allow this since a Genie showed up and told me a PlayStation Vita version of LittleBigPlanet exists... and it's getting a collaborative guide.

Congrats, that's a lot of guides. And here I thought having 17 guides was impressive.

Looks like I need to find 8 more genies to increase VIT to 10 :awesome:.

Congrats, that's a lot of guides. And here I thought having 17 guides was impressive.

Looks like I need to find 8 more genies to increase VIT to 10 :awesome:.

There's a lot more content in your 17 guides than in my 24, so yours is a lot more impressive accomplishment :P

Sure, go find 8 more genies. Hopefully they can come up with 8 unique Vita games or it won't matter much. That's clearly an impossible task.

Starting in August I will be adding DLC trophies for the Thread Trophies. These will be continue until January 2017 with about 5-10 coming out every month to keep everyone interested. As of now the theme-subject-to-change will be:

August - Summer Writers Club 

September - Back to School (Mostly guide team oriented so they can have some fun  :D thanks for working so hard guys!)

October - 2spooky4me

November - Food and Fall related

December - Holiday Cheer

January - New Year 2017!

If your country has upcoming events that the typical American wouldn't know about, please let me know and I will do some research on these holidays and events! These DLC trophies will be related to events happening in that month, or to just keep things interesting. There will still be prizes and a bunch of other things to keep the event going! 

If we don't have the platinum by then, we will just have to chug away until we get it. Until then, keep going everyone!

• Like 1

Starting in August I will be adding DLC trophies for the Thread Trophies. These will be continue until January 2017 with about 5-10 coming out every month to keep everyone interested. As of now the theme-subject-to-change will be:

August - Summer Writers Club 

September - Back to School (Mostly guide team oriented so they can have some fun  :D thanks for working so hard guys!)

October - 2spooky4me

November - Food and Fall related

December - Holiday Cheer

January - New Year 2017!

If your country has upcoming events that the typical American wouldn't know about, please let me know and I will do some research on these holidays and events! These DLC trophies will be related to events happening in that month, or to just keep things interesting. There will still be prizes and a bunch of other things to keep the event going! 

If we don't have the platinum by then, we will just have to chug away until we get it. Until then, keep going everyone!

I hope this DLC is available regionally everywhere in Europe AND is reasonably priced. Will there be a season pass available?

• Like 2

Nice, congrats :yay:. I took a quick look and noticed there isn't a space between the trophy icon and trophy name. Also you didn't use any trophy tags: is that because not a single tag was applicable or because you didn't know about them?

The lack of a space would be syntax that I can correct if that's necessary.  Sometimes I remember to put them in when writing a guide, sometimes I don't.  I pay more attention to my spacing, in particular not going with the double space after the end of a sentence (I remember being called out on that when submitting my first guide for review.)

As for the lack of trophy tags, it's my opinion that they aren't applicable.  I've written a half-dozen previous guides, and I've never been particularly profligate about applying tags in the first place.  Armello isn't really a typical game that can be pigeonholed the way so many other games are.  There really isn't a viable "trophy road map" to be made for it because it is so dis-similar to most other titles out there and a trophy hunt is largely non-linear.  I've tried to describe the trophies as best as possible, given tips for how I feel certain things are best done, but otherwise it's really up to a given Player to decide how to attack things once s/he understands the game.

I hope this DLC is available regionally everywhere in Europe AND is reasonably priced. Will there be a season pass available?

It is at the low low price of $99.99 each. This is only available to the residents of Antartica, but we will be working to get it brought to our neighbor, mars, as well.

• Like 1