Yes, Furi has a Plat

Kishnabe

Can someone recommend me which boss is the best for getting "take it back" and how to get "Boost master".

I got Take It Back on The Star, the first 2 phases has those drones shooting homing bullets so just parry them as they come. The Beat is probably another good boss to get this trophy since when you reach the 1st platform there will be four bots shooting homing projectiles at you while the boss stands in the middle.

For Boost Master you need to be in the Close Combat phase and tilt the  :r3: to power up ( best done when the boss is knocked down). The best boss to get this trophy on is The Chain on Furi Difficulty since he has 7 health bars which means 7 close combat phases. A Boosted hit takes a third of a Boss's health bar so you should be able to get a lot of Boosted hits during the tutorial phases of the fight.

Edited by A-Brawl3r

Can someone recommend me which boss is the best for getting "take it back" and how to get "Boost master".

Take it back is easily done against the Hand in practice mode. Simply play a game of ping pong with him.

The boost master is best done in practice mode against the second boss. The second boss takes a lot of time for attacks, so much so that when entering the melee combat circle, you can charge like each time at the start. Only hit the boss once with a charged attack, dodge, recharge and do it again. You should be able to get this trophy easily

Holy hell this game is hard... I can't do the old man. The timing on his strikes is just too weird for me to parry. 

He (The Line?) was the first boss I actually got a game over on. Yeah the game is very challenging, but very rewarding when you finally get past a tough boss (and the plat). Practice makes perfect, and you'll get it after enough time. Don't mean to discourage you, but the bosses don't get any better as you get past them.

He (The Line?) was the first boss I actually got a game over on. Yeah the game is very challenging, but very rewarding when you finally get past a tough boss (and the plat). Practice makes perfect, and you'll get it after enough time. Don't mean to discourage you, but the bosses don't get any better as you get past them.

Yeah, the Line. He's a c**t. Poncing about with his stupid lines about how I'm only fighting myself, yaddah yaddah yaddah. What a dick. 

It's the 3rd phase duel I can't pass. The AOE attacks where you have to dodge into the empty segment are just too damn quick for me to react to. 

Holy hell this game is hard... I can't do the old man. The timing on his strikes is just too weird for me to parry. 

I remembering also struggling on The Line and I thought I would never beat him. I tried so many times to do beat him and I just could not get the parry down well enough.

In essence what The Line was teaching me, is how to time my parries correctly. Once I figured that out, I actually managed to beat him.

After beating a few more bosses, and going back to practice on The Line again, I found him to be really easy to beat, as I've learnt a few skills along the way.

I feel that each boss teaches you how to master a certain skill to be good enough to beat them.

But if you are really struggling on The Line and just cannot get it right...you're gonna find the later bosses really tough.

I am now on The Burst (boss 7) and I am struggling quite badly. I have gotten to the last bullet hell phase and I just cannot get to dodge through those waves fast enough. There are just too many waves to dodge and they just move too fast for me. I think I've tried like 50 times already. Each time I can make it to last health block on her meter without any issue. I actually find her quite easy to manage, until the last bullet hell phase.

I thought I could maybe shoot the two side robots down so that it creates less waves, but they seem to be indestructible.

Gonna keep trying.

• Like 1

I remembering also struggling on The Line and I thought I would never beat him. I tried so many times to do beat him and I just could not get the parry down well enough.

I managed to get him last night (at last!). 

I'm not on the green guy. Phase 1 is fine. Phase 2, with the weird, arching shots, it causing me trouble. My brain just doesn't like predicting where the arching shot will end up, and I end up getting hit all the god damn time. 

Must keep trying. It's quite fun, but I doubt I'll be able to plat it. 

I am now on The Burst (boss 7) and I am struggling quite badly. I have gotten to the last bullet hell phase and I just cannot get to dodge through those waves fast enough. There are just too many waves to dodge and they just move too fast for me. I think I've tried like 50 times already. Each time I can make it to last health block on her meter without any issue. I actually find her quite easy to manage, until the last bullet hell phase.

I thought I could maybe shoot the two side robots down so that it creates less waves, but they seem to be indestructible.

Gonna keep trying.

i hate this boss the most. i am pretty piss with her playing hide and seek with me.

I managed to get him last night (at last!). 

I'm not on the green guy. Phase 1 is fine. Phase 2, with the weird, arching shots, it causing me trouble. My brain just doesn't like predicting where the arching shot will end up, and I end up getting hit all the god damn time. 

stand a distance away and parry the shot back at him. then dash forward and slash him.

What are some tips and tricks that you think others could use.

One which I heard of which I don't see many people using, is when fighting The Strap (boss 2), you can step on the white glowing panels on the ground and she will run over to shoot bullets into the ground for some reason. During this time she's vulnerable and you can boost attack or whatever. As well as there are certain pillars with a diamond shape on them, you can hit these with your bullets and she will run to the pillar and hit her head against it for a bit and make her vulnerable as well for an attack.

On The Song (boss 6), you can block her flying charged attacks, which I didn't know. I've found that a charged shot stops her in her tracks better.

Charged boost during close combat is something I also learnt recently (moving the right stick in any direction during close combat). And surprisingly this isn't mentioned in the How to Play section.

I've heard some people mentioning for the parry, they use the bright light from the enemy to signal they should parry? Personally I've been using the sound to judge when to parry, as I never noticed the visual cue at first. I will have to try muting the sound, and see if I can parry to the visual cues and see if I am any better.

Just posting this video here for beginners, as they might find some of the suggestions helpful. I want to try changing the parry button to R1 and see if that helps me parry any better.

Maybe should rather create a brand new thread just for sharing helpful tips?

Edited by DysectorZA

I also doubt I will be able to Plat this one, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I was watching videos for Furier and damn does the difficulty get amped up. And a trophy is to get an S Rank on Furier difficulty? I think I'll be skipping that one. I can barely get a B rank on practice mode on Furi difficulty. I'll definitely be trying to get as many trophies as I am able to get. I think as long as I finish the game, I would be satisfied.  B)

So I tried re-assigning the parry button ( :circle: button) to  :r1:  and I found that I was able to parry slightly better.

I still cannot finish The Burst's final phase of bullet hell and waves.

I can beat her all the way down to her last pip without loosing any of my lives very very easily. Just her last wave attack is a nightmare to do. I loose all 3 of my lives instantly.  :blink:

I've tried boosting from left to right....diagonally and I just can't seem to get it.

Edited by DysectorZA

So I tried re-assigning the parry button ( :circle: button) to  :r1:  and I found that I was able to parry slightly better.

I can beat her all the way down to her last pip without loosing any of my lives very very easily. Just her last wave attack is a nightmare to do. I loose all 3 of my lives instantly.  :blink:

I've tried boosting from left to right....diagonally and I just can't seem to get it.

I had trouble with her for a few tries on the last phase, i watched a video on YouTube (don't remember witch one) but i noticed that the player was a bit further away from the Burst.

I tried it and never had any trouble with this phase again(furi difficulty).

By the way changing the buttons is a great idea makes a lot of phases much faster, as it much easier to charge attack and parry on the same time, and the same goes for shooting , you can parry while you are shooting.

Edited by Romikot84

Stay at the bottom of the screen. Only get close when you're forced to use a wall to block her shot. It will give you more time to react to her middle wave, and it will give you more space after you go diagonally.

For those wondering about Untouchable, it's pretty easy to do on the first boss, since his mechanics are really basic, and the Edge because he's a short fight. If you do the Edge, just be careful on his final phase.

I also doubt I will be able to Plat this one, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I was watching videos for Furier and damn does the difficulty get amped up. And a trophy is to get an S Rank on Furier difficulty? I think I'll be skipping that one. I can barely get a B rank on practice mode on Furi difficulty. I'll definitely be trying to get as many trophies as I am able to get. I think as long as I finish the game, I would be satisfied.  B)

You don't need to S Rank individual fights in Furi or Furier story mode to get the S Rank trophy. You have to get a final grading of S. The requirements are a little leanient.

If you do the first ending (I STRONGLY suggest you don't fight the secret boss when going for S rank trophies) for Furi I think it's under 2 hours game time, under 10 KO and under 200 hits. For Furier it's under 3 hours I think, under 30 KO and under 600 hits. The exact numbers are posted as a picture in this thread somewhere.

Remember that you can back your file up to PS+ and cloud save abuse if you really want to try get the S ranks. A lot of us did that.

• Like 1

Trying to finish this game on furier difficulty but having trouble with the scale.

In the  phase before the bullet hell  the scale has an attack that splits himself to 5 .

and attacks with expanding rings (that i always die) or with the green purple projectiles(that are easy to avoid).

Does someone knows how can i trigger the projectiles instead of the expanding rings? 

Trying to finish this game on furier difficulty but having trouble with the scale.

In the  phase before the bullet hell  the scale has an attack that splits himself to 5 .

and attacks with expanding rings (that i always die) or with the green purple projectiles(that are easy to avoid).

Does someone knows how can i trigger the projectiles instead of the expanding rings? 

I could not figure this out either. It might be random. Either way you should kill them asap.

Any tips on like what time each boss should be done in on speedrun mode?

You should not worry too much about speedrun mode. Staying under 1.5 hours is not that big of a challenge. I had 1:09 on my first try and 55 minutes on my second. But I could do faster if I practiced. I believe it has been done under 40 minutes even. Even when you die a few times you can still make it, even when you game over once or twice it should still be no problem if you aren't too slow otherwise.

I wrote a guide for this game: http://psnprofiles.com/guide/4677-Furi-Trophy-Guide with video's in case you want to see examples on how to kill bosses fast.

The guide is for every trophy in the game though, not just speedrun mode.