Grandia 3 (2005/RPG/PS2 game) is coming to PS4

Finozzi1696

Game looks good and I never played any of the games in the series before so its good news in my book

Please let it have trophies!! PLEASE!!! I've been wanting this to make a comeback for a long time now. Just need Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria and Star Ocean Til The End of Time and I'm set!!! (Well, all of this and Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy 7)

I am hoping  for Star Ocean Til End of Time as well... Strange to say it might be my favorite game ever (definitely in top 5)  even though i never finished it....my data corrupted about 100 hours in ( i was doing everything though 100%ing all maps etc.) and then i just couldn't start over again....wish i had now though.

I've never heard about this game before ... :|.

The entire Grandia series was completely hidden from the Netherlands (where I grew up). I had to pirate Grandia 2 for PC over a decade ago because of its unavailability. I imported Grandia for PS1, but never played 3. They're fantastic games!

Please let it have trophies!! PLEASE!!!

It will, all of this PS2 emulations on PS4 have trophy support, and the majority comes with a Platinum :)

U.S only I persume  :rolleyes: ?

Games like Mark of Kri, Okage, etc were never originally released on Europe on PS2 but they finally got an EU release with their emulations on PS4 ;) so you should expect this one to be released on both regions too.

why? ofc its worldwide

They're referencing the fact that three of the PS2 games on PS4 haven't been released in Europe (yet).

I guess he was concerned about it because it was never released on Europe. It was originally released on Japan on 2005 and a year later on NA. Then it was released as a PS2 Classic on PS3 but only on Japan. EU never got it. Hopefully it will come there after many PS2 games finally having a EU release with this PS4's emulations.

Whether it has a plat might be debatable, but I'm pretty sure this game is huge.

im pretty sure that all ps2 to ps4 games get trophies :P. what you should be praying for is a plat :awesome:

As of now every PS2's RPG and open world game has got a Plat, and seeing this one is a RPG one should expect it to have one too! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

So oddly enough, it seems this is a PS2 classic for the PS3 and not the PS4. Apparently it's up on the US store right now. Maybe it's coming to PS4 as well? Either way, who thought that was a good idea?  :P

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/755571194393268224

Maybe a PS4 version is coming out too at a later date? I mean I don't think the ESRB itself could have made a mistake on that.

I believe they are releasing a PS3 version on NA (only Japan got a PS3 version last year on their Store) and they will release a PS4 version some days/weeks/months later, who knows! :)

Edited by Finozzi1696

Are we sure this is coming to PS4 after all? I'm sure it's possible the ESRB made a mistake and put down PS4 on their website instead of PS3. I don't know if it's ever happened before but surely human error could be the explanation. I hope not but still.

Are we sure this is coming to PS4 after all? I'm sure it's possible the ESRB made a mistake and put down PS4 on their website instead of PS3. I don't know if it's ever happened before but surely human error could be the explanation. I hope not but still.

There was some game a few months ago that showed up there and was quickly took down after, so it's possible that's a mistake.. also there's no rating for a Grandia 3 PS3 game, so it also supports the possibility of a mistake.. not good..

There was some game a few months ago that showed up there and was quickly took down after, so it's possible that's a mistake.. also there's no rating for a Grandia 3 PS3 game, so it also supports the possibility of a mistake.. not good..

last year there were many ps2 leaks on the ESRB site and they were took down after a while, nearly all of the leaks were true and they are now available on the ps4.

also this was leaked yesterday and they still haven't corrected it? i still don't think is a mistake.

Edited by smellslikejavier

last year there were many ps2 leaks on the ESRB site and they were took down after a while, nearly all of the leaks were true and they are now available on the ps4.

also this was leaked yesterday and they still haven't corrected it? i still don't think is a mistake.

Ok, maybe, I didn't remember the full story about those leaks and removes, so that was probably what I read before.

Still the truth is that all PS2 games released on PS3 got an entry on ESRB site, but Grandia 3 don't have a PS3 rating entry in there, that's the main reason why I think that it was a mistake, but then maybe they simply put the PS4 rating there before the PS3 one..

I still have my ps2 copy in a box in my room somewhere, really pissed off about it, when I bought it first back in 2007 my brother start playing it while I was watching we were having fun playing it, can't spoil the events but halfway through disc 2 we reach a giant gate after a boss fight every time we open this gate a loading screen shows then a black screen came after it and nothing happens.

it's already available on ps3 via ps2 classic but now we're kinda busy working on other games.

but then maybe they simply put the PS4 rating there before the PS3 one..

I can't remember very well, but I think that happened before. A game was put on the Store but its ratings didn't appeared on the ESRB site until 1 or 2 days later.

I don't rule out the possibility that it might have been a mistake, but is such a professional and well known site/company that I can't hardly see them making simple mistakes like this.

But I don't know. Many PS2's RPG games had great success with their PS4 re-releases, so I can see Sony wanting to release more of them there.

So oddly enough, it seems this is a PS2 classic for the PS3 and not the PS4. Apparently it's up on the US store right now. Maybe it's coming to PS4 as well? Either way, who thought that was a good idea?  :P

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/755571194393268224

So I just checked the ESRB site and the PS4 version is not there anymore, and they added the PS3 version.

But like someone else said, something like this also happened back on December with the other PS2 leaks, all of them were removed from the site some days later but the majority of them became true and they were released on the PS4 after all: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33586-coming-soon-to-ps4-siren-ape-escape-3-okage-wild-arms-3-primal/(the only two left are Ape Escape 2 and 3).

So in my opinion we might see a PS4 version some time in the future, maybe since Sony made a deal with Square Enix to release that title on PS then they decided to kill two birds with one stone and make a PS3 version too? but then again it was already released only in Japan last year, so they just made it available for NA users.

Edited by Finozzi1696

So I just checked the ESRB site and the PS4 version is not there anymore, and they added the PS3 version.

But like someone else said, something like this also happened back on December with the other PS2 leaks, all of them were removed from the site some days later but the majority of them became true and they were released on the PS4 after all: http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/33586-coming-soon-to-ps4-siren-ape-escape-3-okage-wild-arms-3-primal/(the only two left are Ape Escape 2 and 3).

So in my opinion we might see a PS4 version some time in the future, maybe since Sony made a deal with Square Enix to release that title on PS then they decided to kill two birds with one stone and make a PS3 version too? but then again it was already released only in Japan last year, so they just made it available for NA users.

The PS4 rating hasn't just been removed though this time. Certificate number 34551 which was the PS4 rating is now the PS3 one, so it's been changed, or dare I say it "corrected". Didn't want to be right on this but it looks like it was just a mistake after all. :(

What a disappointment.

like i mentioned to some other user, i don't think that is a mistake, i mean US hasn't received a PS2 Classic on PS3 for nearly a year now and they so happened to get one now after a ps4 leak from a well-known and professional rating site.

back on december there were thousands of ps2 leaks that got removed some days later, eventually nearly all of them became true and are now available on ps4 -the only 2 left are ape escape 2 and 3-.

i'm positive we'll be seeing the ps4 version soon.

Edited by smellslikejavier