Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

Status Update:

1. Road Not Taken (0%)
  2. Transistor (0%)
  3. Super Time Force Ultra (100%)
  4. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (0%)
  5. Rebel Galaxy (4%)
  6. Fez (100%)
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (10%)
  8. Broken Age (0%)
  9. Apotheon (0%)
  10. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

Super Time Force Ultra complete! now what next...

Transistor and Broken Age are both pretty quick and simple if you need a break after STFU

Transistor and Broken Age are both pretty quick and simple if you need a break after STFU

I was thinking Apotheon, though those two games are definitely closer in my backlog order.

For a second there I thought "why 'shut the fuck up'?"

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

TIme for my first update. I've been abit more focused on other games and my coursework so far (just started classes yesterday) but I've managed to make some progress. Just finished the first year in Grim Fandango, which I've been having more fun with after getting past some of those puzzles, missed one trophy early on though so I might have to start another game to get it later on. Also got my first Echochrome trophy by uploading some random levels, also finished my first course (course A) and I'm slowing making my way through each level. Finally, while I never earned any trophies in these, I downloaded Journey and played some Blood Dragon as well, hopefully I'll get at those as well soon.

Here's my updated list as of a few minutes ago:

1. Grim Fandango Remastered (25%)
  2. Echochrome (4%)
  3. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (20%)
  4. Super Stardust HD (0%)
  5. Broforce (4%)
  6. Journey (0%) (PS4)
  • Like 1

Another Update -

Completed Journey tonight, was decent but not as amazing as everyone made out 5/10 Id say, glad I didn't 'buy' the game. Put the clock forward on my ps4 for the last trophy so I could delta it off my hard drive to make more room for other games ...... having said that though having my white cloak did make me feel special  :D

Edited by DJROE95

I has an update!!

Rocket League (18%)

Murasaki Baby (100%) Completed September 7

Never Alone (0%)

Saint's Row: Gat Outta Hell (11%)

Broken Age (7%)

Journey (52%)

So I finished Murasaki Baby... while I appreciate what it's trying to do in terms of making use of all the Vita's functionality, it's not done well. Too much touch screen to the point where I can't even see what I'm doing and have to hold it awkwardly. If its just tap a few things here and there, or swipe here and there then it's fine, but I HAVE to keep at least one finger on the touch screen pretty much the entire time while holding it in a certain way so that I can be ready to tap/hold with another finger/hand just makes it annoying. Anyway, glad I got it out of the way now, and that it was at least free. Still for all the complaints, it's good to experience and at least see what can be done on a Vita.

I did my first playthrough on Journey. Always fun convincing people to sit down with me for 20 seconds and trying to show them all the glyph locations while not even knowing who they are. I happened to remember where all the glyphs were and most of the collectibles so I was able to pop a decent amount of trophies in that first run. Now to wait a week to pop the Return trophy and the rest. Though it's such a good game that I don't mind taking my time with this one. One thing though, for some reason every time I got to a cut scene, if I was with another player they were gone by the time the cutscene was over. So I lost that person and because of that I couldn't play with one person continuously and therefore not able to pop the Companion trophy. This was never an issue on PS3, did any body else have problems with this?

Anyway, on to more Saint's Row.

Yikes... that touch stuff has me wary of the game but you've made me curious as to what this game does so differently with it.

Another Update -

Completed Journey tonight, was decent but not as amazing as everyone made out 5/10 Id say, glad I didn't 'buy' the game. Put the clock forward on my ps4 for the last trophy so I could delta it off my hard drive to make more room for other games ...... having said that though having my white cloak did make me feel special  :D

This makes me so sad to see. I'm one of those that got it day one and it was placed immediately on my list of all time favorites. It just connected with me emotionally... Glad you got a chance to experience it either way.

Journey's unboostable multiplayer trophies are proving to be a massive pain, I'm regretting adding it to my list  :facepalm:

Yeah that companion trophy is a bitch.

I spent a couple minutes with Hohokum and I'm... lost? I plan to clear it this weekend so hopefully with a bit more time I'll... get it...?

Yikes... that touch stuff has me wary of the game but you've made me curious as to what this game does so differently with it.

This makes me so sad to see. I'm one of those that got it day one and it was placed immediately on my list of all time favorites. It just connected with me emotionally... Glad you got a chance to experience it either way.

Yeah that companion trophy is a bitch.

I spent a couple minutes with Hohokum and I'm... lost? I plan to clear it this weekend so hopefully with a bit more time I'll... get it...?

Murasaki Baby: Great little Vita game, you really should play it if you've got it on PS+. Controls can be a wee bit awkward but nothing you wouldn't be able to handle.

Journey: Haven't played it yet but the companion trophy is exacly why I don't want to commit to having to 100% it for this event. I want to enjoy myself with the game, not look at the next missable trophy.

Hohokum: Great experience, more art than game really. I paid for it and I'm glad I sponsored them, I'd like to see more of them.

1. Fez - 100%

2. Far Cry Blood Dragon - 10%

3. Ether One - 3%

4. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)- 100%

5. Transistor - 6%

6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 0%

7. Amnesia: Memories - 26%

Further Update - Fez is a brilliant game, although lord knows how you're meant to 100% it without a guide!

I have to say I'm enjoying Amensia a lot too - been through all the Spade endings and working on Heart now.

The next thing I need to do is force myself to get going on the PS3 side of this! Struggling to get motivated for it unfortunately.

• Like 1

Started Broken Age.

1. Road Not Taken (0%)
  2. Transistor (0%)
  3. Super Time Force Ultra (100%)
  4. Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (0%)
  5. Rebel Galaxy (4%)
  6. Fez (100%)
  7. Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (10%)
  8. Broken Age (14%)
  9. Apotheon (0%)
  10. Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (0%)

By the way, Is there a cross save feature for this game? I don't see any options to do so and the saves didn't carry over to my vita.

Update Time!  I actally had a pretty productive week

Castle of Illusion Starring Micky Mouse 8/12 23%->42%

Chronovolt 9/9 15%->100%

Closure 4/8 9%->23%

Doki Doki Universe (Vita) 9/14 9%->42%

Legend of War Patton 12/21 0%->39%

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut 0/37 0%

Papo & Yo 0/10 0%

Valiant Hearts: The Great War 0/20 0%

Made some progress on a couple of the PS3 games, and finished Chronovolt.  The second world in that game I found much more difficult that the thirs world.  Patton has some pretty bad controls, but I figure a mission or two every couple of days and I can get it done.  I am liking how a lot of these games are level based, so I can beat a level or two and move to the next and keep a nice cycle going

• Like 1

two more games finished Never Alone & Teslagrad

Never Alone was ok, more story or educational than a game really, quite enjoyed the story but it didn't really grab me, DLC felt like a bit of a chore to be honest.

Teslagrad was great fun far more than i expected it to be, but boy were some of the scrolls annoying. King's Vengeance in particular caused me real issues .Also I haven't actually finished the story yet just got the platinum so will see if i can be bothered to finish it when i'm back from holiday.

• Like 1

Welcome, Brainzz.

I wasn't home most of the day so very little gaming time. Did spend another 20 minutes wandering the worlds in Hohokum. I have to say I really enjoy the art direction and the sound design is great. I appreciate what is happening here but it's approach might be a little too hands off? I get that it isn't interested in proper exposition but before I was told I had no idea what the objective was. I think that's why I had put it back down in the first place. Anyway, tomorrow's another day.

Edit: updated the OP.

Edited by XX_FTW

I'm being a bit inactive these days in gaming and on the forum. It's a combination of mood, warm weather, having gamed a lot in the past weeks/months and having a lot of other stuff I want to do - for instance yesterday I went to the zoo and afterwards to the cinema so I wasn't home at all. It's just a phase though, it's not like I'll quit altogether.

That being said: I'll play some Journey today I think but I don't feel like needing to go for the completion. I might in the end but I just want to enjoy myself the first time around without looking at trophies.. Datura can be added to my list though, don't know if I'll play it today but I've thought about it and I'll 100% it for sure. I'll probably start gaming more a few weeks from now, come october I have more spare time and the weather won't be as nice as it is now so I'll be inside more with less to do.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Completed another game off my list bringing the total to 4/8! Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, this is my first platinum from the event too. Really enjoyed the game, very easy trophy list but the game is really good especially considering how old it is. The story could have been better but I really liked all of the princes powers. 

1. Ether One (PS4 - 0%)

2. Valiant Hearts - PS4 - 100% - Completed on 01/09/2016   :yay:

3. Zero Escape (PS Vita - 0%)

4. The Walking Dead Season 2 - PS4 - 100% - Completed on 05/09/2016   :yay:

5. Sly Cooper Thieves in Time (PS Vita - 8%)

6. Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - PS3 - 100% - Completed on 11/09/16  :platinum:

7. Journey - PS4 - 100% - Completed on 08/09/2016   :yay:

8. Amnesia Memories (PS Vita)

• Like 1

Can I join?

1. Gone Home
2. Fez
3. Mousecraft (100%'d on 11/09/16)
4. Unmechanical (100%'d on 12/09/16)
5. Walking Dead Season 2
6. The Swapper (100'd pm 14/09/16)
7. Journey
8. Ether one (21%) - hopefully won't glitch again
9. Lone survivor (1%)
10. Castlestorm

Edited by StilRh
  • Like 1

I'll play some Journey today I think but I don't feel like needing to go for the completion. I might in the end but I just want to enjoy myself the first time around without looking at trophies.. Datura can be added to my list though, don't know if I'll play it today but I've thought about it and I'll 100% it for sure.

L55abac.png

Good lord what a turd of a game. Such a badly made "we're totally not just making this because Sony needs more Move titles" excuse of a game, with annoyingly bad controls and a pretentious story, not to mention a weird way of looking at "good" and "bad". I guess we can't try to catch people who try to steal our stuff then, and we'll just give up fighting if a fellow soldier lies wounded.

I can now see why I never heard of this game before. I guess people were not complaining about getting this more because either they did not know what it was and/or they thought it was nice to get an easy 100% completion out of it.

Going to play some Journey to get rid of that bad Datura taste.

My current list for this event:

Datura, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Mousecraft, Papo & Yo, Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments, The Swapper

• Like 1

Good lord what a turd of a game. Such a badly made "we're totally not just making this because Sony needs more Move titles" excuse of a game, with annoyingly bad controls and a pretentious story, not to mention a weird way of looking at "good" and "bad". I guess we can't try to catch people who try to steal our stuff then, and we'll just give up fighting if a fellow soldier lies wounded.

I can now see why I never heard of this game before. I guess people were not complaining about getting this more because either they did not know what it was and/or they thought it was nice to get an easy 100% completion out of it.

Going to play some Journey to get rid of that bad Datura taste.

Yes I played this game to and now it's the worst I ever played on my account. Even worst than Magus and Deep Black. Luckily it was fast tho.. Edited by Winston

My first update:

I started playing Unmechanical: Extended and Grow Home yesterday. To be honest, I don't really like Grow Home. I haven't watched any gameplay footage before starting the game, so I didn't really know what to expect. After playing for about 30 minutes I had to take a break because I was not able to force myself to play this game any longer. I don't like the controls and the goal of the game to grow a stupid plant is not motivating at all. Maybe I will have another Grow Home session next weekend. After that I decided to try Unmechanical: Extended and got the first 6 trophies there.

Today I wanted to finish Unmechanical: Extended, but unfortunately I pressed triangle by accident, which means I used a hint. That's why I have to finish the story a second time, just to get the trophy "Above Average Intelligence".

My progress so far:

1. Broken Age 0%

2. Gone Home 0%

3. Grow Home 4%

4. King's Quest 0%

5. Ultratron 0%

6. Unmechanical: Extended 90%

Edited by Me_want_Brainzz
  • Like 1