Bye Bye Backlog: Instant Game Collection

Sorry to not be as active as I want to be. Work is crazy for me right now and will be for the next 10 days or so. Once these projects are wrapped up, I'll be diving in deep.

Adding the new folks and the completed games now to the OP. Enjoying the reviews/impressions as they come. Glad to see they are mostly positive experiences -- datura notwithstanding. 

Yes, Amnesia is okay since you started it this month. As for Tropico, the event expectations are to achieve 100% in these games, so that means dlc too. That's the only thing keeping T5 off my list. Can you clarify the situation with Strider please? I'm not sure I understood it.

As T5 dlc's are now on a sale, then it will be 100% there as well :D 

Can't add Strider for ps3 as it was only for ps4 on ps+, so put Strider for ps4 on my to do list ^_^ 

And thanks for this idea and a push... Who knows how long they would just stand downloaded on my Sony systems otherwise... :) 

Got another two games finished this past week, with PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate and Super Exploding Zoo now crossed off. I'll tackle Lemmings Touch while also starting a bit for the next Platinum Rain Day.

1. Bastion (PSV - 4%)

2. Frozen Synapse Prime (PS3 - 100%)

3. Hotline Miami (PS3 - 0%)

4. Lemmings Touch (PSV - 6%)

5. Lone Survivor (PS3 - 0%)

6. PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate (PSV - 100%)

7. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PSV - 100%)

8. Super Exploding Zoo (PSV - 100%)

9. Velocity Ultra (PSV - 100%)

So it turns out my ps3 controller wasn't broken and was just playing up. I completed Datura and I have to agree with everyone else that it's a really really bad game, I had no idea what was happening in the story, the controls and gameplay were horrible and I have no idea what that picture thing at the end was.

I thought it would probably have shown your own face if you had had the PS3 camera. It's just a bad gimmick game, having "you" make moral decisions even though the devs have a warped view of what good morals are.

Update #2:

Rocket League (18%)

Murasaki Baby (100%) Completed September 7

Never Alone (0%)

Saint's Row: Gat Outta Hell (100%) Completed September 18

Broken Age (7%)

Journey (85%)

Saint's Row is done. The game was simple, short and fine. My first time playing a SR game. Obviously people compare this to GTA because of the over the top sandbox elements, but there's really not much comparison other than that. There's a very different type of comedy and feel to this game. This one is a small game compared to the main series so I actually beat the main story in less than 8 hours (without realizing I was triggering the final mission). It's extremely easy as well, I died only in the beginning a few times when I had no idea what i was doing. It's a fun game; however, the trophies are a grind and just got tedious after a while. If i wasn't going for the plat, I would've enjoyed a bit more I think. I think the main SR games would be more enjoyable as I'm sure they are bigger and give you more time to just roam around freely so they'll come more naturally.

Played my second playthrough of Journey and picked up a few more trophies. Just need 2 more which will likely require a couple of playthroughs since that companion trophy will require a bit of luck and probably no distractions.

Next up: Never Alone.

BTW, I've been playing Race the Sun on Vita.. a lot. It was easily below 25% before this event started but I'm hesitant to put it on this list because that damn King trophy is a bitch. I'll keep working on it though because I really wanna add that ultra rare, and I've come close a couple of times. If I pull that off, I'll add it to the list.

Just another Update:

1.) Walking Dead 2 | PS4 | 27%

2.) Grow Home | PS4 | 0%

3.) Ether One | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

4.) Apotheon | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

5.) Grim Fandango | PS4/VITA | 68% (Platinum)

6.) The Swapper | PS4/VITA | 100%

7.) Gone Home | PS4 | 0%

8.) rain | PS3 | 0%

9.) Puppeteer | PS3 | 5% (Platinum)

10.) Infamous: First Light | PS4 | 0% (Platinum)

back from holiday and managed to complete the swapper yesterday. I enjoyed it but i found it really hard to follow the story, had the basic idea of what was going on but had to google it to understand all of it (as well as see the alternate ending)

I've also been playing Ultratron, i imagined breezing though it, but its a bit harder than i expected. So i may leave it for a while.

Not sure whether Walking Dead or Unfinished Swan will be the next game i work on.

It's Update time again. Managed to beat Grim Fandango, it's a nice game that I think I'd have really enjoyed back in the day if I had known about it, even though there were a few parts where I needed to use a walkthrough to get past (and the same walkthrough was the reason I missed a trophy in Year 2, the one I missed in Year 1 was me not talking to Glotis enough). I'm surprised that I've made this much progress this quickly, although with the games I have left I'm hoping that I don't stall out completely over the next few weeks.

1. Grim Fandango Remastered (100%)
  2. Echochrome (9%)
  3. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (100%)
  4. Super Stardust HD (0%)
  5. Broforce (4%)
  6. Journey (0%) (PS4)

I completed Ether One making it my 60th platinum and my 3rd completed game on this event. I also would like to add Ultratron and TWD Season 2 to the list. I won't play any more games until about the 10th of October because of FIFA 17... below I listed my current situation :)

<p>

My list:

• Table Top Racing: World Tour
  • Far Cry Blood Dragon
  • Ether One
  • Ultratron
  • The Walking Dead 2
  • Grin Fandango Remastered
  • Journey
  • ZOMBI

back from holiday and managed to complete the swapper yesterday. I enjoyed it but i found it really hard to follow the story, had the basic idea of what was going on but had to google it to understand all of it (as well as see the alternate ending)

The computer terminals really explain a lot of what is going on, if you do not read them then the twists might seem like an ass pull but if you read them all while going through the game they become wham-line after wham-line halfway into the game.

Some good news - i completed Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris just recently :)

Going through some tombs were time consuming (getting gold medail for points was the biggest problem) but i am super happy to have this done...

I hope we get another game earlier than with the PS5 :D

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (PS3)

Lara Croft & the Temple of Osiris

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Malicious

Amnesia: Memories

1. Fez - 100%

2. Far Cry Blood Dragon - 10%

3. Ether One - 3%

4. The Unfinished Swan (PS4)- 100%

5. Transistor - 9%

6. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - 0%

7. Amnesia: Memories - 100%

8. Metrico - 90%

9. Proteus - 50%

All wrapped up on Amnesia: Memories. Took me way too many attempts to get the "Isn't it a beautiful night" ending on the Clover world - but managed it in the end! I nearly managed to finish up Metrico last night but failed on the second to last puzzle in world 6 so had to triangle reset.

I managed to get myself to boot up Far Cry earlier this week too and forgot how ridiculously hilarious the game is! Definitely see some progression on that soon.

Edited by booshy_89

BTW, I've been playing Race the Sun on Vita.. a lot. It was easily below 25% before this event started but I'm hesitant to put it on this list because that damn King trophy is a bitch. I'll keep working on it though because I really wanna add that ultra rare, and I've come close a couple of times. If I pull that off, I'll add it to the list.

Update #3:

Rocket League (18%)

Murasaki Baby (100%) Completed September 7

Never Alone (0%)

Saint's Row: Gat Outta Hell (100%) Completed September 18

Broken Age (7%)

Journey (85%)

Race the Sun (100%) Completed September 20

I finished Race the Sun!! :dance: That train ride home after my last update proved to be the one where I finally pulled off that King trophy, which is now my rarest trophy as well. :pimp: It was a nice challenge and the game itself, while straightforward and simple to pick up, is actually really fun and awesome.

Next on Vita will be Broken Age (I'll likely be playing on the ride to Pitt this weekend to distract me from the gummy bears).

Not updated for a while as I got sidetracked playing a few other things.

1. Rainbow Moon (25%)

2. Okami (10%)

3. Dragon's Dogma (0%)

4. Transistor (7%)

5. Apotheon (0%)

6. Dust: An Elysian Tale (0%)

7. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (0%)

8. Grow Home (0%)

9. The Unfinished Swan (0%)

10. Contrast (0%)

Past day or so I've made really good progress on Rainbow Moon, bumping my percentage up to 25% however at this stage I realize that I need to spend some time leveling up a little as I'm noticing a lot more tougher enemies (the last two bosses I took on zapped all my healing items)  Actually really got into it today, whereas before it's not really gripped me...I guess it's because I've been able to make some tangible progress. 

I've finally completed Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty which just happened to be my 30th ultra rare platinum. Not a huge fan of the game since I found the controls unreponsive and the gameplay a bit monotonous. Most of the big levels involved going unlocking a door by going through 3-7 different doors and lighting a lantern in each. At least the speedrun was really easy since I'm not usually a fan of those sort of trophies. 

I've started up Blood dragon but my controllers started scrolling down again so I need to hope it fixes itself before i can carry on

1. Yakuza 4

2. Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

3. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

4. Datura

5. CounterSpy

6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

7. I Am Alive

8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

1. Gone Home (100%'d on 15/09/16)
2. Fez
3. Mousecraft (100%'d on 11/09/16)
4. Unmechanical (100%'d on 12/09/16)
5. Walking Dead Season 2 (100%'d 22/09/16)
6. The Swapper (100'd pm 14/09/16)
7. Journey
8. Ether one (21%) - hopefully won't glitch again
9. Lone survivor (1%)

10. Castlestorm

Walking dead s2. Shame it wasn't a plat.

Here is my list of games, I don't know If i can complete all of them, but I'll try. 

I would like to join in on this as well! Here are my games:

Added.

Updating the OP now with everyone's completed games.

Good to see so many of you getting through your games so quickly. This time next week I'll have more free time and will be back to playing games.

• Like 1

I couldn't add it to my list because I already had more than 25% completion in it, but I finally managed to get the Darksiders plat after I got it in the IGC back in early 2013. The Aerial Predator trophy is an absolute nightmare and I almost cried when I finally got it after so many long years./s (not really though) Now if only I could make some progress on my list...

S my controller started working again, I'm not sure why it keeps breaking randomly. In other news I finished Blood Dragon. It was probably the game I was looking forward to most on the list but I was a bit disappointed with it in the end. It just felt really repetitive, the story was boring and the over the top comments were amusing at first but grew old after an hour or two. I'll probably take a break from my list and play a few other games for a bit, when I get back to this I imagine I'll try I Am Alive next.

1. Yakuza 4

2. Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

3. Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty

4. Datura

5. CounterSpy

6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2

7. I Am Alive

8. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

9. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands