Allison road back in development

Leenewbe

Cancelled back in June, with very few details given as to why, P.T.-inspired Allison Road is back in development, creator Christian Kesler revealed to IGN. He adds that he’ll continue to work on Allison Road on his own, under a new label called Far From Home, which he co-founded with his wife.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/22/allison-road-pt-spiritual-successor-revived

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 2

“In September, it'll be two years since an idea out of a notebook started to come to life and some people have been with it from the very beginning,”

It's great to hear one sole guy being so dedicated to something [...]

Pop quiz: is Najinceil talking about Christian Keslor or about Sean Murray?

I'll wait for a finished product before I get hyped by something a small team makes being led by someone who to my recollection has never been the main guy on a project. Fool me once...

P.S. I do not care if there's not a single original idea in this game, what I care about is getting a nice experience.

I'm more excited about Scorn and Agony. Agony in particular. From what I've seen, the most creative vision of Hell, legit unsettled me.

I did like the look of agony. The gameplay that we've seen wasn't all in your face with jump scares and I have to agree that their interpretation of hell looks quite nerve racking.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the gameplay trailer for this game.

To hear that this had also been cancelled was really disappointing but with the news this is back on Kickstarter I'm really optimistic.

It's a great setting and the premise is intriguing, the trailer was atmospheric and I could feel my heart beating. Will this translate into a full game?

I'm sure the game will have its limitations but all I care about is that they get the fundamentals right. Make it unsettling, make it scary and unnerving, make it so you don't know what's around the corner. The trailer perfectly used background music to build the tension as well.

Even if this ends up being a game that doesn't have longevity I would prefer it to be one that has a massive impact on its playthrough and one you'll remember and talk about.