Resident Evil 4: trophy list thoughts

smellslikejavier

I'm sorry, or maybe I'm not but...this game was ported to the PS4 to give people who may not have had a chance to play it, to play it.  it is arguably the best Resident Evil game and Capcom probably gives 2 maybe 3 shits if it has a platinum trophy or not.  If you've played the game well then this one is not for you.  they did it for those that haven't.  please don't get butt hurt and shit on capcom cause they didn't cater to the small niche community that is trophy "hunters" . 

I wouldn't go as far as to say that RE4 is the best RE game, it might be the most fun to play but being more focused on action than horror kind of betrays the original RE essence. To me the best Resident Evil, and a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre (what RE was originally about) is the Resident Evil Remake. It gives you the true RE experience by being more suspenseful, not too much focused on action and having to think before wasting bullets like the original game. All of that was lost since RE4 was released.

Edited by Gevirein

I wouldn't go as far as to say that RE4 is the best RE game, it might be the most fun to play but being more focused on action than horror kind of betrays the original RE essence. To me the best Resident Evil, and a masterpiece of the Survival Horror genre (what RE was originally about) is the Resident Evil Remake. It gives you the true RE experience by being more suspenseful, not too much focused on action and having to think before wasting bullets like the original game. All of that was lost since RE4 was released.

You are right.  RE2 is the best, but RE4 is the more commonly known and well regarded in the series.  as far as mainstream is concerned. 

Edited by angelgrievous

I'm not even remotely surprised they didn't change anything from the original HD version on the PS3. They've been doing it with all their RE remasters. It seems that if it was released before trophies ever got added, it'll get a platinum (RE, RE0) but if it already had any trophies then it gets the exact same pre-made set. Remember guys, Capcom can't be bothered with intelligent thought or doing anything beyond the BARE minimum  :)

You are right.  RE2 is the best, but RE4 is the more commonly known and well regarded in the series.  as far as mainstream is concerned. 

Well it depends on tastes, to me the RE1 remake with its mansion and creepiness really captured the feel of the original and highly improved on it so that's why I consider it to be the best one but I like all of the old ones, so even RE2 is a way better RE in terms of "essence" than RE4. The later is more fun to play and created the whole over the shoulder camera sure, but it really doesn't give you the Survival Horror feeling, at least not the "Horror" part.

I'm not even remotely surprised they didn't change anything from the original HD version on the PS3. They've been doing it with all their RE remasters. It seems that if it was released before trophies ever got added, it'll get a platinum (RE, RE0) but if it already had any trophies then it gets the exact same pre-made set. Remember guys, Capcom can't be bothered with intelligent thought or doing anything beyond the BARE minimum  :)

Well the PS3 version was at 720p and 30 fps while the PS4 is at 1080p and 60fps. If you look at gameplay videos on YouTube of it with the "1080p/60fps" video setting turned on you'll notice it runs way better than the PS3 version. Some people said is a port of the "Ultimate HD Edition" that was released on PC some time ago, and not just a port of the PS3 version, and by looking at video comparison on YT it seems it is.

This sucks. Already paid off preorder when it was announced. It'll just collect dust while looking nice next to RE5/6 .

Screw Capcom.

You can cancel the pre-order though since there's still 3 days left before the game gets released, at least you can do that on the PS Store.

Edited by Gevirein

Really really sad about this list, I actually did lots of looking around online for this one like I never did before, so I'm sad there's no platinum. I'll probably buy again because this game is the best RE for me alongside REmake and i played on gamecube, ps3 and wii, but I'll wait for a sale

I was looking forward to it having a platinum trophy, but i am not really that surprised and will still play it again considering that the Resident Evil Series is one of my favourite game series. 

They had the potential to add more trophies or add a platinum trophy. But i guess that they didn't see the need to, or they thought that the PS3 trophy list was good enough. Capcom have altered a Resident Evil PS4 port trophy list before by halving the requirements for the RE5 versus mode.

So is this a port of a port of a port or something?

Seems to be a port of the Ultimate HD Edition that was released for PC in 2014, we'll have to wait and see if there's any changes. (probably not, but there is one glitch in the game that can only be done in the PC version that runs at 60fps, if you can't pull it off in the PS4 version then i assume it's not a port or it's not running at 60fps)

Seems to be a port of the Ultimate HD Edition that was released for PC in 2014, we'll have to wait and see if there's any changes. (probably not, but there is one glitch in the game that can only be done in the PC version that runs at 60fps, if you can't pull it off in the PS4 version then i assume it's not a port or it's not running at 60fps)

There are already comparison videos available on YouTube between the Ultimate HD Edition version and the PS4 version, the game runs at full 60fps without any framerate issues on the PS4 and the graphics are mostly the exact same between each version, so it seems to be a port from that UHE version.

Edited by Gevirein