Do you know if this game is easy ?

BIazkowicz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

You can get by most of the game just button mashing, even on hard. Final boss is the only real annoying part on hard as he just has so many damn hit points and it takes forever to chip away his health. All the bosses are kinda like that now that I'm thinking about it. Then there's no checkpoint before the 3rd phase either so if you fall in the gaps that form in this phase (which is very easy to do as the framerate dips to single digits when he breaks the platforms, one late input can screw you here easily), you have to re-do the entire 2nd phase again just to get another shot at it and back to chipping away his health one little bit at a time. Pretty annoying but after 3 attempts, I got it done. 

It's a good game to play once but since you need 2 playthrough's for the platinum, the gameplay during that 2nd playthrough gets old fast. Luckily the game is fairly short. Excited to see what Insomniac can do with this franchise as there's a lot of potential with the Wolverine character for both story and gameplay and this game sets a solid foundation on what can be done with it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

You can get by most of the game just button mashing, even on hard. Final boss is the only real annoying part on hard as he just has so many damn hit points and it takes forever to chip away his health. All the bosses are kinda like that now that I'm thinking about it. Then there's no checkpoint before the 3rd phase either so if you fall in the gaps that form in this phase (which is very easy to do as the framerate dips to single digits when he breaks the platforms, one late input can screw you here easily), you have to re-do the entire 2nd phase again just to get another shot at it and back to chipping away his health one little bit at a time. Pretty annoying but after 3 attempts, I got it done. 

It's a good game to play once but since you need 2 playthrough's for the platinum, the gameplay during that 2nd playthrough gets old fast. Luckily the game is fairly short. Excited to see what Insomniac can do with this franchise as there's a lot of potential with the Wolverine character for both story and gameplay and this game sets a solid foundation on what can be done with it. 

I see you just got the platinum @mega-tallica. Great job. 

• Like 1